Old 06-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by gab View Post
I was able to give myself a half-way decent pedicure! I can reach my toes!
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2014, 07:42 PM   #212
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kandiegirl765
Stats: 227/193/135
WOE: LCHF
My husband took me shopping last weekend I was able to buy a size 14. Also while I was looking in the mirror I realized my girls stuck out farther than my stomach.
kandiegirl765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:50 PM   #213
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
Quote:
Quote:
I was able to give myself a half-way decent pedicure! I can reach my toes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post

Do you have any idea how many great shades of nail polish there are for toes?

Last edited by DiamondDeb; 06-27-2014 at 03:52 PM..
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:27 PM   #214

I have been a member of a mission group at church for years. We do disaster recovery work (think hurricanes!), safety related repairs to homes, wheelchair ramps, etc. We occasionally order t-shirts and I always noticed I ordered the largest size possible...larger than anyone else. I never dwelled on it but... YKWIM.

At our last meeting we ordered some very cool new t-shirts that a member had designed. I was kind of in shock at the realization that I ordered the same size as all the other ladies. I held on to my poker face like a pro but I felt like letting loose with a huge grin...

It has occurred to me that next year I will need to order a smaller shirt than the other ladies...
into generations of society. ~
Mark Sisson, The Primal Blueprint
Old 06-27-2014, 04:57 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Diamond!! you so made me laugh
Old 06-27-2014, 05:09 PM   #216
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
Start Date: March 6, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDeb View Post
At our last meeting we ordered some very cool new t-shirts that a member had designed. I was kind of in shock at the realization that I ordered the same size as all the other ladies. I held on to my poker face like a pro but I felt like letting loose with a huge grin...

It has occurred to me that next year I will need to order a smaller shirt than the other ladies...
I had that same victory this year too. At the start of the year, I had to order a 4X (the largest size ordered). Recently I was able to order a 2X and I think it is a little big

And yes I know how many colors there are for toes - but to be honest, I think I prefer the professional pedi - they massage my legs and the chair massages my back I do miss that when I do my own. LOL

Last edited by gab; 06-27-2014 at 05:11 PM..
gab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:17 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

This is my non scale victory....I figured how to post my picture...I was at TJMAXX..found this dress...sz 2....fit like it was made for me!
Old 06-28-2014, 01:08 AM   #218
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: afrodite
Stats: 283/222/in shape
WOE: None
This is a nice thread.

My victories so far:
- Not feeling winded just for walking a few yards
- I can almost see my feet without leaning forward.
- All my clothes are way too big
- My collarbones are starting to show!
- My love handles are like 80% smaller now
- I can jog for 15 min in a row, which I haven't done in years
- My third chin is completely gone and my double chin is almost gone too! Another 10lbs and I'm sure it will be history
afrodite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:38 AM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/238/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
I can go to the movie theater and sit next to my popcorn eating hubby and make it through the entire movie without eating a single kernel of popcorn!!! Better yet -- I didn't even WANT any!!
Kimbersh47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:17 AM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbersh47 View Post
I can go to the movie theater and sit next to my popcorn eating hubby and make it through the entire movie without eating a single kernel of popcorn!!! Better yet -- I didn't even WANT any!!
I love that!

I remember when I had to have a big bag of popcorn at the movies and it was a challenge to not eat it all up during the previews! lol... And now I don't care if everyone is munching on it and offering me some. I really don't want any. Strange, but wonderfully true!
Old 06-29-2014, 09:31 AM   #221

I got hand-me-downs! I can't remember the last time anyone had hand-me-downs that were my size; I was always bigger than everyone else in the universe. No one ever had clothes that would come close to fitting me.

A friend received a lot of clothes from her sisters when they weeded out their closets. She brought over a big bag a few days ago & said there were some she thought were my style if I'd like to check them out. would I?! you bet I would! I remember occasionally receiving hand-me-downs from relatives as a kid and it was like Christmas going through them finding unexpected treasures.

There were several tops (and lots of blouses for layering! ), most my size, a few a bit big and a few a bit small to shrink into. Most definitely my style! Great brands & all like new, too! And good colors for me to boot! This is going to really help give me more wardrobe options while I continue to lose.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:42 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Slinky
Stats: 213/198/160
Start Date: 6/18/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
This is my non scale victory....I figured how to post my picture...I was at TJMAXX..found this dress...sz 2....fit like it was made for me!
5'9" and a size two! That is really incredible, I'm 5'11" I didn't know that was even possible, do you have a skeleton in there? Lol
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:06 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky View Post
5'9" and a size two! That is really incredible, I'm 5'11" I didn't know that was even possible, do you have a skeleton in there? Lol
I know , weird isn't it....I used to say I had a med bone structure...fairly recently Ive learned I am fine boned...I didn't intentionally get this thin....but Im ok with it!!! I continued to lose through maintenance..
Old 06-29-2014, 10:07 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Diamond...I love your nonscale victories!!!!
Old 06-29-2014, 11:06 AM   #225
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: afrodite
Stats: 283/222/in shape
WOE: None
I saw some family i haven't seen in 3 months today and they all were saying I'd lost an incredible amount of weight. During that time, I've only lost a max of 15lbs on the scale, but I look like I've lost way more. Thank you exercise!!
afrodite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #226
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I survived a wedding reception on Friday night by sticking to salad and meats. No pasta or potatoes. I did indulge in two cream cheese mints and a bite of cupcake. Otherwise, on plan.

I also have lost 14.5".
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:35 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: e&m'smom
I keep adding to this thread because this WOE is simply working for me. I rarely get on the scale and aside from all my clothes being way too big I measure my loss/health benefits by how good I feel. We are in the heart of baseball/softball season with my kids and I usually bring them to practice and games and stand and chat with the other parents, but now I see that as an hour or 2 of a great exercise opportunity. Yesterday my son had a game with an hour warm up - the facility he was at had a wonderful track. I spent the entire hour running a lap and then walking a lap (4 miles) and then I ran about 12 sets of stairs on the stadium. I loaded some great music and just went for it. I felt so good to get my body healthy. And the boys WON I love how my body is looking and how I am feeling.
e&m'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:53 PM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ella5
EXCELLENT!
Ella5
ella5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:47 PM   #229
gab
Major LCF Poster!

There was a max weight limit on a ride - i didn't have to worry about it and got to take my son on the train ride ����.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:06 PM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e&m'smom View Post
I keep adding to this thread because this WOE is simply working for me. I rarely get on the scale and aside from all my clothes being way too big I measure my loss/health benefits by how good I feel. We are in the heart of baseball/softball season with my kids and I usually bring them to practice and games and stand and chat with the other parents, but now I see that as an hour or 2 of a great exercise opportunity. Yesterday my son had a game with an hour warm up - the facility he was at had a wonderful track. I spent the entire hour running a lap and then walking a lap (4 miles) and then I ran about 12 sets of stairs on the stadium. I loaded some great music and just went for it. I felt so good to get my body healthy. And the boys WON I love how my body is looking and how I am feeling.
love this!!!!!
Old 06-29-2014, 04:36 PM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
There was a max weight limit on a ride - i didn't have to worry about it and got to take my son on the train ride ����.
That's exciting, too-not having to worry about weight restrictions for something you want to do.
Congratulations.
Ella5
Old 06-29-2014, 04:40 PM   #232
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Ella5
Old 06-29-2014, 04:56 PM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheBigKahuna
Stats: 290/233/220
WOE: reduced carb
Start Date: January 2014
Yes on the weight restriction things. Even my ladder says 250 max and I've been over that for years. It's great to see weight limits on things now and stop and think...oh...I'm ok! I was looking at a standup paddle board online today, and saw where it said ideal for under 250 pounds. At first I was like darn...then I stopped and grinned.
TheBigKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:46 PM   #234

Oh, yes! Those moments when we realize we don't need to worry about the weight limits are worth gold!

And not having to worry about breaking furniture when we sit on it sure doing make life less stressful, too.

Some things, like these, I've felt like sharing with people IRL when they happened, but I realized they would look at me like I was from outer space. It is something that can really only be celebrated with others who will understand.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:20 PM   #235
gab
Major LCF Poster!

I think it is time for some new capris/shorts. The ones I was wearing today, I can fit both of my arms down along my hips inside the pants. Since its almost July - the stores should be putting out their winter lines soon so they are hopefully selling off their summer stuff at lower prices
Old 06-29-2014, 06:22 PM   #236
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Some things, like these, I've felt like sharing with people IRL when they happened, but I realized they would look at me like I was from outer space. It is something that can really only be celebrated with others who will understand.
Absolutely! That or I think folks will have some sort of judgmental thought (maybe my own projection or not).
Old 06-30-2014, 09:51 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jacksie
Stats: 248/218/140
Start Date: June 01, 2014
Quote:
I love that!

I remember when I had to have a big bag of popcorn at the movies and it was a challenge to not eat it all up during the previews! lol... And now I don't care if everyone is munching on it and offering me some. I really don't want any. Strange, but wonderfully true!
Too bad the movie theaters wouldn't offer hot pork rinds, now those I would buy!
Jacksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:17 PM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I think it is time for some new capris/shorts. The ones I was wearing today, I can fit both of my arms down along my hips inside the pants. Since its almost July - the stores should be putting out their winter lines soon so they are hopefully selling off their summer stuff at lower prices
wonderful!
Ella5
Old 07-02-2014, 11:53 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Furi
WOE: low carb
Start Date: October 2010
I still have about 20 pounds to go, but I feel comfortable in my body today for the first time since I was a kid. I looked in a full-length mirror and I didn't hate myself.
Furi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:39 AM   #240
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: alexia_88
Stats: 193/181/142
Start Date: 9/6/14
I wore my favourite trousers yesterday. A month ago, I had to wear spanx under them to even get them done up.

Love this WOE!
alexia_88 is offline   Reply With Quote