Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #61
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
I have an extensive list of nsv but I will limit to a few so as not to be too boring.

My skin is soft and no more patches of dryness, like elbows and ankles. Now soft and smooth as a babies but!

Pottie call is now amazingly problem free. I had years of torture from I.b.s. no signs of that nasty affliction these days.

I hesitate to mention this because I currently have a very bad cold but it is the first one in a little more than 2 yrs.

Freedom from foggy brain and inability to concentrate. Even better is freedom from long term chronic clinical depression.

Freedom from b.p. meds.

Never get that awful stuffed feeling.

Ease of fasting. I could never believed that I could go for many hours without eating and yet it is the typical occurrence now. Driving hunger is a thing of the past.

I love these threads because of the awesome improvements and it is great to be reminded of how good life can be on a ketogenic woe.

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia

"dumping carbohydrates on your broken metabolism is tantamount to doing jumping jacks on two broken legs" -The Spark of Reason

“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!

Last edited by clackley; 02-18-2014 at 11:40 AM..
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2014, 03:05 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cherry Blossom
Stats: 279/261/170 (5'11")
WOE: LC
Start Date: January 28, 2014. R1 1999 R2 2008
Oh, I can't wait to have some of these things happening to me!
Cherry Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:01 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
Yesterday when I put on my apron, I actually wrapped the tie back around to the front and tied it there! I have always wanted to do that.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:27 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leeloo
Stats: 222/186/140
WOE: Atkins/whole foods/KISS
Start Date: 1/15/2014 (this time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
Yesterday when I put on my apron, I actually wrapped the tie back around to the front and tied it there! I have always wanted to do that.
OMG I am so jealous! For real, that is awesome .
leeloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #65
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Another NSV - I have found I love many foods that I would have turned my nose up in the past.... Like olives and brussel sprouts. That gets filed under quality of life! :-)
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:09 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: February 2010
The day before yesterday, I realized the pain from my plantar fasciitis was gone. When I got up from sitting I just happened to realize I was not limping. I'd like to think this is from LC'ing.

When I hugged my DD last night, she told me she could feel my bones.
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:18 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: where's_kyla?
Stats: 208/not sure, think im down about 20/175 - 5'10"
WOE: atkins
Start Date: Jan. 11, 2014
I have one! I have one!

i was walking down the hall at work the other day and someone yells out - "Hey, Jane, c'mere for a minute!" I turned and they were like - "oh sorry, I thought you were Jane..."

WELL! Jane happens to be a lovely young gal who is in great shape.

I GOT MISTAKEN FOR JANE!!!!!! And from behind too hahaha!
where's_kyla? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:38 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cherry Blossom
Stats: 279/261/170 (5'11")
WOE: LC
Start Date: January 28, 2014. R1 1999 R2 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~PaperMoon~ View Post
I was in Walmart yesterday looking at clothes which is where I used to always buy my clothes, and I decided I would look at the size I used to buy at my heaviest just to see what it looks like to me now. I never saved any of my old clothes from when I was bigger and even though I could see pictures of how I looked, a picture is 1 dimension. So I went and looked at some pants that were a 4x and O...M...G!!!! I was in shock, those pants were HUGE!!. My whole body now can fit in 1 pant leg! I was in shock. When I was that size I did not realize I was that big! I had gotten used to that size and was in denial. Then I looked at the shirt of that size and it looked equally as huge. I can't believe I used to wear that size! I know I did but OMG, it was a shock now that I've gotten used to being the size I am now. I used to wear a 5x in tops and a 4x in pants. Wew! It was just a shocker it was like I couldn't breathe when I saw how big those pants and tops were. Never again will I ever be that size! That's for sure!
What a wonderful day! Your experience helps me want to keep going...motivated. Thanks for sharing and I hope to post the same type of post in a years time! Congrats!
Cherry Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:52 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
Start Date: restart 8/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by where's_kyla? View Post
I have one! I have one!

i was walking down the hall at work the other day and someone yells out - "Hey, Jane, c'mere for a minute!" I turned and they were like - "oh sorry, I thought you were Jane..."

WELL! Jane happens to be a lovely young gal who is in great shape.

I GOT MISTAKEN FOR JANE!!!!!! And from behind too hahaha!
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:40 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: niciK
Stats: 312/286/165
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/1/2014 . 100th restart
Not pigging out, not emotional eating and not eating and being hungry 30 minutes later.

My hunger is intense some days, but it is real hunger.
I am starving my need for emotional eating and ketosis helps me so much.
niciK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:21 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/129.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
For the first time in 10 years, I'm wearing a BELT! AND it's a size S/M, AND I have it in the third hole!!! A year ago, wearing a size 3X, I NEVER would have imagined I'd be wearing a belt!!!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:59 AM   #72
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by niciK View Post
Not pigging out, not emotional eating and not eating and being hungry 30 minutes later.

My hunger is intense some days, but it is real hunger.
I am starving my need for emotional eating and ketosis helps me so much.
I love this feeling! It is like being set free after being in prison for years.

I welcome real hunger. It is so different than the emotional hunger & addictive cravings!
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:29 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: e&m'smom
My NSV this week was being recognized at the gym by one of the staff members. As I was leaving he called out, "See you tomorrow, Dee." and I confidently said, "YES, see you tomorrow!!"
e&m'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:07 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/130/120
WOE: Low-carb IF/JUDDD Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Strange NSV but today I am doing a mini fat fast, my first fat fast EVER. Lately I have been increasing my total percentage of dietary fat a little at a time and today, finally, I can honestly say I am not afraid of eating fat.

CARBS are the enemy, not fat, and I feel like I have finally internalized this so that I really believe it deep down. I am no longer afraid of eating fat!
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:26 PM   #75

I get a kick out of so many things I notice about myself notcing my own changing body. I love laughing at my reactions.

I don't have the best lighting in my apartment & really no good mirrors set up to see myself well. When I am out shopping or at someone's home & see myself in other, large, well-lit mirrors, I often do a double-take. And it cracks me up when I do that! I really do look like a different person. How exciting!
Old 02-22-2014, 12:45 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: where's_kyla?
Stats: 208/not sure, think im down about 20/175 - 5'10"
WOE: atkins
Start Date: Jan. 11, 2014
Someone said earlier that her rings were loose... Me too! Not too loose, just looser, which feels so good, also looks better when i look at them and my finger isn't bulging on either side of the ring... Its a nice nsv one of those subtle ones that only I know about
where's_kyla? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:49 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Ive been hiking difficult hiking trails...consistently ....boldly...and enjoying them...my weight loss is 5lbs a month..not so impressive ....my energy level...and activity level...is amazing..and growing....the scale number is NOT the whole picture
Old 02-23-2014, 07:01 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luckyone2934
Stats: 220/159(158)/where i'm comfy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2003
A couple of weeks ago, I wanted to wear some camo leggings that I had bought. I didn't have a shirt that matched, but I knew my husband did. I opened up his side of the closet and grabbed the shirt(size m), and buttoned it up and was so shocked that I could fit into my skinny husbands clothes!!

And yes, all day I had Keith Urban's song "You look good in my shirt" stuck in my head!!
Luckyone2934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:48 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyone2934 View Post
A couple of weeks ago, I wanted to wear some camo leggings that I had bought. I didn't have a shirt that matched, but I knew my husband did. I opened up his side of the closet and grabbed the shirt(size m), and buttoned it up and was so shocked that I could fit into my skinny husbands clothes!!

And yes, all day I had Keith Urban's song "You look good in my shirt" stuck in my head!!

Love that! Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
Ive been hiking difficult hiking trails...consistently ....boldly...and enjoying them...my weight loss is 5lbs a month..not so impressive ....my energy level...and activity level...is amazing..and growing....the scale number is NOT the whole picture
^^ THIS ^^ is one of my NSG's! I want to just BE a more active person as a matter of habit, so that it would never occur to me to sit around inside if I can be outdoors hiking or doing something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by where's_kyla? View Post
Someone said earlier that her rings were loose... Me too! Not too loose, just looser, which feels so good, also looks better when i look at them and my finger isn't bulging on either side of the ring... Its a nice nsv one of those subtle ones that only I know about
I have had this happen lately too. There are still some old rings I can't fit into, but I can fit into most of them! w00t!
Old 02-23-2014, 09:16 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

My poor old dog injured her foot so instead of walking her I went for a run; I did Couch25k! It was ridiculously hard! I have always found running to be really hard no matter how fit I am otherwise. Even when I can do an hour on the elliptical doing intervals and can leg press 200 pounds, I still have a hard time with running. My body hates the impact (big boobs) and I just feel weak. I think my Thalassemia (a form of anemia) probably hinders my blood oxygenation at high demand times like running, which doesn't help.

Anyway, I did it! And I plan to do it again tomorrow.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:20 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki View Post
My body hates the impact (big boobs) .....

Have you heard of Enell sports bras? They will strap those puppies down to your chest so they DO NOT MOVE, no matter how much you run and jump. I love my Enell. It's comfortable, too.

Couch to 5K is awesome, btw. I need to do it again. Right now I'm just walking.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:21 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/129.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki View Post
My poor old dog injured her foot so instead of walking her I went for a run; I did Couch25k! It was ridiculously hard! I have always found running to be really hard no matter how fit I am otherwise. Even when I can do an hour on the elliptical doing intervals and can leg press 200 pounds, I still have a hard time with running. My body hates the impact (big boobs) and I just feel weak. I think my Thalassemia (a form of anemia) probably hinders my blood oxygenation at high demand times like running, which doesn't help.

Nikki, I found the Enell Sports Bras to be really incredible! I'm still a DD-DDD, depending on the bra, and running without a good sports bra is just extremely incredible, but I love those sports bras. Best I've ever tried!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:33 AM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: AngeloftheHeart
Stats: 200/175/150
Start Date: Re-start 1-07-14- with a few cheats
My collar bone..i'm starting to actually see that I have one!
People are starting to see the changes in me and ask or tell me it looks like i'm losing weight. Less "handles" to love is also a good one
AngeloftheHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:39 PM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ~PaperMoon~
Stats: 100+ Pounds lost!
WOE: Low Carb and general low calorie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Blossom View Post
What a wonderful day! Your experience helps me want to keep going...motivated. Thanks for sharing and I hope to post the same type of post in a years time! Congrats!
Cool thanks!
~PaperMoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:53 PM   #85
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rakh
I had a bad blood pressure reading at the doctor, and had to go back for a check. I was 15 lbs. down on their scale, and my BP was back to 120/80.

I don't know about others, but I feel a lot better on a LC diet. Carbs are really toxic for me, like a sleeping pill but more side effects.
rakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:20 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheBigKahuna
Stats: 290/233/220
WOE: reduced carb
Start Date: January 2014
Was able to get back into a 36x34 jean for the first time in years. I had several nice pairs sitting on the shelf in my closet. Tried them on right after Christmas and couldn't button them. Been wearing them for a few weeks now. Had been wearing 38x34 for years, and flirted with 40" waist a few times.
TheBigKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:28 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: evas
Stats: 255/215/155
WOE: Mostly Primal + IF
Cutting out grains has made my mild rosacea nearly nonexistent! Unfortunately, it looks like dairy might be a culprit for minor flareups too so I'm trying to also cut back on that now, which makes me sad
evas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:14 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evas View Post
Cutting out grains has made my mild rosacea nearly nonexistent! Unfortunately, it looks like dairy might be a culprit for minor flareups too so I'm trying to also cut back on that now, which makes me sad
Hooray! I think it's grains (wheat?) that mainly cause my skin problems, too. Dairy might be a problem as well, but when I've cut it out before I was still eating grains, so I'm not sure. And I don't eat that much dairy.

Have you considered switching to goat and sheep milk cheeses? They tend to be less inflammatory for some people.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:51 PM   #89

We're having our big annual rummage sale at church on Saturday. I spent much of the day helping to organize things in our Fellowship Hall.

So, I am busy working on a table when I hear someone call out, "Looking for DiamondDeb...Looking for DiamondDeb!" I looked up to see a man who serves with me on First Team (Disaster Recovery Mission). I grinned & greeted him. He said, "No, you're not DiamondDeb. You're only half DiamondDeb..."

It took a second before the unexpected compliment sank in...
Old 02-27-2014, 03:29 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDeb View Post
We're having our big annual rummage sale at church on Saturday. I spent much of the day helping to organize things in our Fellowship Hall.

So, I am busy working on a table when I hear someone call out, "Looking for DiamondDeb...Looking for DiamondDeb!" I looked up to see a man who serves with me on First Team (Disaster Recovery Mission). I grinned & greeted him. He said, "No, you're not DiamondDeb. You're only half DiamondDeb..."

It took a second before the unexpected compliment sank in...
:j umpjoy: