Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Starting over...fat bombs? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/821407-starting-over-fat-bombs.html)

MandyMarie 01-22-2014 11:57 AM

Starting over...fat bombs?

I guess i'm starting over! I goofed and had to give in to a craving. SUSHI. Between that & my monthly visitor, I gained 2lbs from my last weigh in a week ago. I've been back on track since my mess up. I need more fat in take. I've seen a couple recipes for fat bombs but would like everyone opinion on them & if you have an awesome recipe, i'd love to have it! Atkins induction friendly please :)

snowangel9 01-22-2014 01:08 PM

Hi Mandy! I love them. So does my youngest. Head over to the recipe help and suggestion board and do a search. You should find several. My favorite so far is Abi Fae's. I don't know about induction friendly, most should be.

ladyboss7 01-22-2014 05:53 PM

Mandy, I asked the same thing the other day and some one had a GREAT idea.....go to Pinterest and search "Fat Bombs" TONS of recipes there!!!!

baseballmom 01-22-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladyboss7 (Post 16769000)
Mandy, I asked the same thing the other day and some one had a GREAT idea.....go to Pinterest and search "Fat Bombs" TONS of recipes there!!!!

Wow i just looked there and there are tons of fat bomb recipes!!

Question though...how does one know if they should eat them or not? How much is to much or not enough fat?

emily1 01-22-2014 09:05 PM

For a bit there I thought that when people said " I downed a fat bomb" it meant that they had cheated on their diet or something. I finally heard it so much I had to google it

ladyboss7 01-23-2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baseballmom (Post 16769025)
Wow i just looked there and there are tons of fat bomb recipes!!

Question though...how does one know if they should eat them or not? How much is to much or not enough fat?

You know IMO that's really an individual thing based on your WOE and preferences. I have learned through trial and error that I respond very well to higher fat %'s and extremely low carbs. I track everything in my online food journal and it breaks out my calories, my fat, my protein, and my carbs. I have found that I do best when my fat% is between 70 - 80%, my carbs below 10% and my protein between 15 - 20%. When I plan my menu's out I put everything in my food journal, check the percentages and then go from there. When I do a fat fast, the goal is 90% fat....and I really enjoy those days, though that's a little harder to reach.

baseballmom 01-23-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladyboss7 (Post 16769828)
You know IMO that's really an individual thing based on your WOE and preferences. I have learned through trial and error that I respond very well to higher fat %'s and extremely low carbs. I track everything in my online food journal and it breaks out my calories, my fat, my protein, and my carbs. I have found that I do best when my fat% is between 70 - 80%, my carbs below 10% and my protein between 15 - 20%. When I plan my menu's out I put everything in my food journal, check the percentages and then go from there. When I do a fat fast, the goal is 90% fat....and I really enjoy those days, though that's a little harder to reach.

Thanks for that tip!

MandyMarie 01-23-2014 01:02 PM

Thanks for the help everyone!

MandyMarie 01-24-2014 11:47 AM

Oh my goodness. I made fat bombs last night and had one for breakfast. Let me tell you. I could hardly eat my lunch. In fact, i packed it back up and put it in the fridge. Not only was the fat bomb delish, it kept me full! :)