Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Water consumption (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/821202-water-consumption.html)

mrs B 01-19-2014 04:15 PM

Water consumption

I'm curious about how much water people consume to have a comparison. Over a single day I consume about 6000ml of plain water. I also drink three 500ml black teas over the day. I do not drink any kind of juice or cow milk, I detest both. I do enjoy almond milk:up:

baseballmom 01-19-2014 04:20 PM

I try (notice I said try) to drink 72oz per day plus a cup or two of coffee.

dasiey 01-19-2014 04:26 PM

I can't stand plain water. So I put a packet of true lemon in it and I drink about 64 Ozs. And black coffee all day.

franciejones 01-19-2014 04:29 PM

I drink at least 70 oz.

Blue Skies 01-19-2014 04:42 PM

LOL. Recently I realized that the "glasses" I was drinking from contained almost 16 oz of water. I was counting them as a glass towards a goal of 8 glasses a day, but was always happy to get in 5 or 6. This may sound silly, but I really do think the glasses most of us use have gotten a lot bigger than they used to be.

Some are smarter and faster to it than me, and measure everything a lot sooner. That said, no harm done. For me, there is definitely a correlation between how much water I drink and the scale. Don't know if it's just cutting down on any salt bloat, or if it really helps in fat loss, I just know that when I drink more water I feel better and I lose better.

Easiest when I'm home, harder when I'm out for the day running around, and I just can't seem to drag one of those big plastic bottles around w/a straw.

mrs B 01-19-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Skies (Post 16764421)
LOL. Recently I realized that the "glasses" I was drinking from contained almost 16 oz of water. I was counting them as a glass towards a goal of 8 glasses a day, but was always happy to get in 5 or 6. This may sound silly, but I really do think the glasses most of us use have gotten a lot bigger than they used to be.

Some are smarter and faster to it than me, and measure everything a lot sooner. That said, no harm done. For me, there is definitely a correlation between how much water I drink and the scale. Don't know if it's just cutting down on any salt bloat, or if it really helps in fat loss, I just know that when I drink more water I feel better and I lose better.

Easiest when I'm home, harder when I'm out for the day running around, and I just can't seem to drag one of those big plastic bottles around w/a straw.

I do believe more water equals more loss. I am the same in the sense that if I do not drink enough water I do not feel as good. I have a 1000ml( I think that is one litre? not sure) water bottle that I can fit into my purse. If I have my cute bag lol I have a 500ml bottle :hyst:

franciejones 01-19-2014 05:01 PM

It definitely helps loss. Your body needs water to perform all of its functions. That includes flushing fat, toxins,..etc.