LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 05:49 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: baseballmom
Stats: 176/162.0/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: restart 12/06/13
Is it worth it?

That is what i always ask myself when bad food is tempting me. I think back to when i used to eat it and ask myself "was it really that good?", "Is it worth gaining weight?", "Is it worth spiraling out of control on a full blown binge?" The answer is 9 times out of 10 no, its not worth it. My son really wanted McDonald's french fries the other day. I got him some (i know, terrible mom). I ate one. It was nasty. Tasted like grease and nothing else. It proved to me it would not be worth it. I used to love these!! Just hoping this little trick might help someone else overcome temptation.

Mini goal:162 by March 7....met goal on Feb 27
Mini goal:158 by April 4
Mini goal:154 by May 2
baseballmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2014, 06:02 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tulip
I agree! It is NOT worth it! I used to love to have an after dinner wine or cocktail. It has been a difficult decision to drop, but if I want to get to goal, then I know what I have to do.

I know the drink can always be low carb, but I can't justify drinking calories when the same calories take precedence over my engine running clean and will always burn the alcohol before it will go for the unwanted fat for energy.

I used to love McD's French Fries too. I still love the homemade fries, but no fast food fries.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:04 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: franciejones
Stats: 241/215.6/150 5'5"
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 12-26-2013 LAST START
I have been able to resist this last go round because I want to see what the scale says in the morning. Helping me stay on target.
franciejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:38 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by franciejones View Post
I have been able to resist this last go round because I want to see what the scale says in the morning. Helping me stay on target.
Exactly!!
Old 01-18-2014, 07:35 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emily1
Stats: 206.8/159.8/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2012
It is funny, I never tend to ask myself " is it worth it?" I tend to ask my self "was it worth it?" because I already ate what I shouldn't have and about 95% of the time once I feel full and feel disgusting I say "nope, not worth it".
emily1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:40 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily1 View Post
It is funny, I never tend to ask myself " is it worth it?" I tend to ask my self "was it worth it?" because I already ate what I shouldn't have and about 95% of the time once I feel full and feel disgusting I say "nope, not worth it".
Me too!
jeaniem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:49 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: way too much/157/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: October 2013
I started doing this by first telling myself I wouldn't eat a burger from, say, McDonald's with a crappy bun one.more.time. If I'm going to eat something with a meat holder, it's got to at least be a GOOD meat holder. Same with regular ol sandwich bread.

Now, if faced with a really good looking piece of fresh baked bread, I will go ahead and eat a few bites because I figure, yeah, I've thought about it, it's worth it. This isn't the only thing keeping sugar and grains from my mouth but it's helpful in that it's kept those really stupid things from my mouth as not being worth it. I know I shouldn't eat ANY sugar or ANY grains but that's not really realistic. So I'm not focused on being perfect till I lose the inches because that's impossible from the get go.
LDL: 191
Madmarsha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:30 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmom View Post
That is what i always ask myself when bad food is tempting me. I think back to when i used to eat it and ask myself "was it really that good?", "Is it worth gaining weight?", "Is it worth spiraling out of control on a full blown binge?" The answer is 9 times out of 10 no, its not worth it. My son really wanted McDonald's french fries the other day. I got him some (i know, terrible mom). I ate one. It was nasty. Tasted like grease and nothing else. It proved to me it would not be worth it. I used to love these!! Just hoping this little trick might help someone else overcome temptation.
Here's the thing. Most of us in here right now have our weight watching antennas all the way up. So yeah, the stuff that is going to sabotage our hard earned efforts looks like something evil.

It's when we drift so far away from our plan and have quit paying attention, that eventually, pizza looks like a really good idea.

But to answer your question, no, it is not worth it. A moment on the lips, a long time on the hips (for the ladies---for the guys, gut).
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
I know, I've gotten to that point. I know it won't taste like I think it will. My daughter and I have that conversation a lot. When have decided on certain places to eat out, because we know it's going to be good.

And lately, it just taste better when I make it. I know too that educating myself has been a great way to be able to just say no.
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:00 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily1 View Post
I've definitely done this too!