Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   I haven't had any Diet Coke in 3 DAYS!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/821011-i-havent-had-any-diet-coke-3-days.html)

JennyP 01-16-2014 07:34 AM

I haven't had any Diet Coke in 3 DAYS!!

I think this is a record for me. I'm trying very hard to stay away from AS, as I think they create insulin response for me.

*sigh* why do so many of the things I love have to be bad for me? :mad:

franciejones 01-16-2014 07:45 AM

GREAT JOB!

4myfuture 01-16-2014 07:46 AM

awesome! Diet soda was creeping back into my woe and I kicked the habit again. 3 lbs gone when I stopped the diet soda!! I think I retain water when I drink diet soda...also insulin response for me too.

susan41 01-16-2014 08:24 AM

Good job! I have the same addiction to it. :annoyed:

emily1 01-16-2014 08:56 AM

RE: DIET COKE

I am a huge diet coke fan! At one point I would drink over 1 liter (32oz) a day! yuck:) but I always find it to be so refreshing and actually would keep me away from other sweet-like things. I recently gave it up and it was so much harder than I thought it would be. One thing I noticed is that I used to get really bad shoulder and back pain and once I stopped drinking diet coke and started taking supplements everything went away :). I never found it to ruin my low carb diet but I also agree that it can slow your weight loss with an insulin response as with other fake sugar products. Good job on being diet-coke free! Trust me, from one diet-coke addict to another, I know how hard it is. I actually got major headaches the first few days and bad cravings. But I think you are making an awesome choice for your health to scrap the diet coke. Good job:shake:

Madmarsha 01-16-2014 09:10 AM

Good going!

This is one area I never had a problem with. I NEVER drank diet soda. I just don't like the taste. I always drank regular soda; but even that, I didn't drink much of so it was easy to quit. I didn't want to go to only water but I basically did. I drink iced tea with Splenda very rarely and iced coffee with Splenda and cream or almond milk a couple times a week. I've never had an every day coffee habit. So I COULD give that up but I'd rather not as it's the only liquid variety I have. But I do notice that the Splenda is my stand in for when I want something sweet I would usually fill with cookies or the like.

Cajungirl200 01-16-2014 11:06 AM

Good job!!! Diet Coke addict here too. Years ago, one of my boyfriends had a caricature drawn of me, yep, holding a Diet Coke. Lol! So I know the feeling of being addicted.
Keep up the good work!!

snowangel9 01-16-2014 12:22 PM

From a reformed addict, :up: Good job!! Just think of all those chemicals your not getting either! It was tough, but now, I don't even want soda!

karenann33 01-16-2014 01:17 PM

I gave up diet coke years ago and haven't missed it since.

My mistake was getting hooked on Rite Aid and Diet coke with splenda thinking those were somehow 'better' for me. They aren't and now I'm off those too.

catvz 01-17-2014 06:19 AM

I love it also and its been 2 weeks but I feel better than ever! I don't crave it any longer and neither will you! Keep it up, you will notice a huge difference as time goes on!

ElizabethLC 01-17-2014 05:26 PM

When I switched from diet coke to sparkling water I dropped about 10 lbs really fast and felt way better. That was 5 years ago; I never started up the habit again. And now diet pop tastes very unusual to my mouth. It's weird!

Madmarsha 01-17-2014 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElizabethLC (Post 16761710)
When I switched from diet coke to sparkling water I dropped about 10 lbs really fast and felt way better. That was 5 years ago; I never started up the habit again. And now diet pop tastes very unusual to my mouth. It's weird!

I mean, I just decided that, along with the other mental reboots, I was going to stop with the empty calories/carbs. Anyway, I had to stop the regular soda obvs because of the HFCS; and I was glad I didn't already have a reliance on diet soda. I think that would be a real problem for me as it is for others. And then there's the caffeine, too. I just finally decided to embrace the H2O as my drink of choice.

DiamondDeb 01-17-2014 08:58 PM

WTG! :up:

I found that many foods that I thought I absolutely loved to the point of not being able to live w/o them were really addictive because of food sensitivities. Eliminating them freed me.

JennyP 01-19-2014 10:27 AM

Thanks everybody! A full week now. I'm proud of my self. I miss the carbonation, though.

Trigger828 01-19-2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyP (Post 16759312)
*sigh* why do so many of the things I love have to be bad for me? :mad:

GOOD FOR YOU!

and boy did you say it!!! I love the bad things also :dunno: :stars:

Madmarsha 01-19-2014 12:50 PM

My sister just told me that she hasn't had soda since I was up visiting for Christmas and that it was "thanks" to me. That is so cool. Maybe she thought I had a real soda habit and figured if I could kick it, she could, too. I won't tell her that I wasn't really drinking that much soda to kick.

I am not sure how much of a soda habit she had but I think it was pretty good. She's pretty active so doesn't have a weight problem per se, but I did take notice that my entire family has "the stomach". My other sister will never go full on low carb because she thinks she eats healthily (and she does have some good habits) on turkey sausage, real bacon only done in a George Foreman, MARGARINE. But there is plenty of REAL sugar they are not thinking about (low fat ice cream, low fat yogurt, REAL soda from time to time) as SUGAR. I just shake my head.

CatieTN 01-19-2014 01:26 PM

I really struggle with Diet Soda. I crave it EVERY day.

Gator girl 01-23-2014 07:37 PM

I am very addicted to diet dr. pepper. I keep saying i'm not gonna drink it anymore. I'm sure it's causing me to retain water.