LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmPugs
Stats: 289/187/175
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: 10/15/2012
Here for Accountability

Well October marked my 1 year anniversary of making a drastic change in my life and eating habits. I'm happy to report that I've lost 102 pounds to date. I enrolled in college and just finished my first semester and I've been working full-time. We moved into our first house in June. It's been a crazy year, but somehow I've managed to accomplish huge goals, weight loss being a huge one.

I just went for a physical and all my blood work is excellent, except for Vitamin D which I was severely deficient. I have been taking 50,000 units of Vitamin D once a week for 8 weeks then I need to get re-checked. This is a prescription.

I am here for accountability because I have been off-track with the holiday's and other life stressors I've been eating badly and though I haven't gained I haven't lost in quite a few weeks now. So I'm here to get motivated and back on track, back to square 1.

I have included a picture. The top photo is me today. The bottom has me in August and me 1 year before that at my high weight
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Collage.jpg (21.2 KB, 108 views)
EmPugs is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: peanutte
Stats: 188/118
WOE: Atkins maintenance
Start Date: 01/03/09
Congratulations on your loss! And all the other things you've accomplished this year.

Since you were able to make and meet so many other goals, remind yourself that life stress (which we all have) and holidays (which are going to come every year) do not give you any reason to cave in now and undo your hard work. It's good that you haven't gained, but I hope you are able to light a fire under your dwindling motivation by reminding yourself that you didn't lose 102 pounds by accident, and you've already proved your ability to be strong and committed. You can do it.
peanutte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snowmop
Stats: 113/89/90 4' 10" 67 yrs old
WOE: atkins
Start Date: Long, long ago!
Wow!!! Those pics are amazing!!!! Glad you're here. And congrats on both your weight loss AND your health!
snowmop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
You have done fabulously! Congratulations on your work thus far and the new house, too
Arctic_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
Wow!! You should be so proud of yourself!! Look at all the changes you've made and stayed on plan!! Wow! It's also great that you want to check the carb creep now. Congratulations on how all your hard work has paid off!!
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kay9
Stats: 432/213/200
WOE: Atkins Extended Induction
Start Date: August 27th 2013
thinspiration. Amazing!!!
kay9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Congrats ! Great job ! Now , back on track........ !!
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmPugs View Post
I am here for accountability because I have been off-track with the holiday's and other life stressors I've been eating badly and though I haven't gained I haven't lost in quite a few weeks now. So I'm here to get motivated and back on track, back to square 1.
I'm just getting back into shape myself. I'm brand new here, so the things I say have probably been repeated 1000 times on this board. I'm surprised you haven't gained if you have been eating badly. i guess you need to define "badly".

But like everyone else so far...congrats to you sister for all the great hard work you have put in
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:58 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avaleigh
Stats: 252/171/160
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: August 2013
Amazing loss. Fantastic job!
Avaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:51 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmPugs
Stats: 289/187/175
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: 10/15/2012
Thank you. I am starting fresh today. Avoiding all refined sugar and grain. Going to make some eggs for breakfast and maybe a basic salad with ham, lettuce, and dressing for lunch, I am a bit out of fresh veggies right now. Not sure on dinner, but probably some leftover chicken legs or LC meatballs. Going to a Christmas Party thing for the kids tonight so will try to avoid all the sweets, probably bring a coffee to sip on instead. Thanks for the motivation! I'm going to go do a little exercise now, I think WATP will be good. Love this board lots of good stuff!

Eating badly, hmmm I believe that started with DD and their damn pumpkin coffee, and I realized they use syrup and that it has sugar and I still drank LOTS of it anyway. Then my son was in the hospital for a little over a week and I was eating at restaurants just very upset and stressed. That and school and finals and Thanksgiving...ugh just eating carby stuff that I haven't been eating and it's been making feel very sick, heart racing and when I eat high carb I go right to sleep! BLECH! I am not sure why I haven't gained, it really has been a shock to me. It could be the Vit D issue, I read that when you start taking the high-dose Vit D it can help with weight loss I was very low I think the minimum value is 30 and my Vit D level was 9. I don't know how that happened? Or it could simply be the stress I have been dealing with, I'm not sure. I am very active despite not really exercising I'm always going (when I'm not on the computer!). I have a hard time sitting still.

Anyway enough of that junk I have some more pounds to lose and I'm gonna do it! I have to be healthy my 35th b-day is coming up and I signed up for 3 classes next semester! Lord help me!

Last edited by EmPugs; 12-13-2013 at 02:59 AM.. Reason: added
EmPugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmPugs View Post
Anyway enough of that junk I have some more pounds to lose and I'm gonna do it! I have to be healthy my 35th b-day is coming up and I signed up for 3 classes next semester! Lord help me!
Amen! Lord help me too. And He does and has! After I pray, it feels like it's still me that's doing all the work, but by faith I know it isn't. it's like that footprints poem...we just don't see all that God is doing around us and within us.

Personally I don't think God is as conserned with my outer self as much as my inner self, but He knows my weaknesses. I don't think He minds helping me lose weight. We can live better for Him if we feel good and have energy (although some heavy believers are the most energetic people I know).

For me, I have to make losing weight an obsession. That's why I'm writing this right now. Those who don't need to lose or don't care...don't understand the obsession. But it gets kind of fun in a way.

I'm about to go in and put a peeled lemon, raw egg, raw egg, cabbage, kale, water cress, dandelion greens, green and red veggie powders, cod liver oil, fresh ground flax seed, stevia, and a few blueberries into the vita mixer and drink it down. It's not half bad. I find it fun. I like to do things that others feel like they can't.

Anyway, another day to get out and feel good knowing you're not playing the fool. You're free. You are being smart. I go to my job armed with various herbal drinks. I got my roasted almonds if I get hungry. I take my workout mat and crank out some crunches, some push-ups. I hop on my bike and ride around on some hills for lunch. Life is good in the smart lane. No guilt, no shame.

You go girl today! Get out there and kick butt!
Old 12-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: smoky
Stats: Start weight 280/208/180
WOE: Type 2 Diabetic on - LCHF
Start Date: Re Start Oct 19 2013
Awesome job congrats
smoky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/176/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
You've done amazing things juggling so many plates. Your over a hundred pounds down in a year! Absolutely stellar. Hope your son is on the mend.

Good to get back to eating cleaner. You'll feel better inside and out. Sometimes for me when everything seems out of control, staying on plan feels extra right to me. It is something I can succeed at, I just have to decide I want it bad enough.
Blue Skies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Where did she go?