Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   How much have you lost? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/817853-how-much-have-you-lost.html)

IWasMadeThisWay 11-30-2013 03:59 AM

How much have you lost?

I've read results from past posts, and I find it to be inspiring to hear how others are doing on their WOE. How much have you lost, and are you at goal or maintaining?

Today marks day 15 for me sticking to plan, and I'm very happy with the results so far and how I am feeling. I have chronic rhinitis, and I've even noticed how much better that has been since staying on plan. And, I'm finding it funny that most of the time, I can sleep straight through the night without waking up. Because of my chronic rhinitis, I also have sleep apnea. Looks like that is improving as well!

Catzmom 11-30-2013 06:56 AM

I am down 33 pounds as of this morning, since the last week of July. That included a lovely 7 week stall though. You have don really well!

I have the same problem, with the chronic rhinitis, from years of bad allergies. When they did my sleep study, I woke up 110 (not a typo) times in one night. Ugh! I am hoping it improves as the weigh drops.

84k 11-30-2013 07:10 AM

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...loss-here.html

:)

IWasMadeThisWay 11-30-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catzmom (Post 16700741)
I am down 33 pounds as of this morning, since the last week of July. That included a lovely 7 week stall though. You have don really well!

I have the same problem, with the chronic rhinitis, from years of bad allergies. When they did my sleep study, I woke up 110 (not a typo) times in one night. Ugh! I am hoping it improves as the weigh drops.

Thanks! I actually first started in September with calorie counting, and lost 12lbs. I only lost 2lbs in October, mostly from emotional stress and not really sticking to plan. Now that I'm about to start week three on low carb, I've lost around 7lbs all together. I don't know how much I weighed when I started because I had a two day binge fest pretty much and I didn't want to look at the scale. I just know that by the time I weighed last Sunday, I was 2oz below my previous low weight.

For the chronic rhinitis, I am actually trying a few things, food wise, in hopes to lower the inflammation. I'm drinking more tea, and trying to incorporate foods/spices that lower inflammation. Flax seed oil, turmeric, green tea, etc.

Trigger828 11-30-2013 08:44 AM

congrats on feeling better!! that is a huge benefit of lc. LC eating makes me feel wonderful vs. carby junk.

I lost 31.5 so far. BUT that has been over a good bit of time. (started Oct last year). I am a slow loser. I am attemping to add in a few foods, take my time and experiment how I can get thru this for a life time of eating. I had my 'moments' of backtracking but in the end LONG term lc is winning out for a lifetime eating change.
right now I am taking off 4.5 lbs I put back on over the holiday. no biggie. back on plan and dropped 2 lbs this morning so not much more before I can get some real lbs off the scale.

So about 30-35 more lbs I want to lose to goal and I will be attacking that with gusto!

Trillex 11-30-2013 08:59 AM

Hi!

I had horrible lower-back pain when I started Atkins last year. And you wouldn't believe how terrible my stamina was! My front door was about a block-and-a-half from the bus stop and, some days, I felt totally out of breath by the time I got there. Some people can carry excess weight, while remaining healthy and fully functional, but I am not that person.

I've lost about 100 pounds since I started. I only weighed once per month during the active fat loss period but I've been in maintenance for about a month and a half and I've been weighing daily since hitting my scale goal. I was 133.4 pounds this morning, so that's about 101.5 pounds down from my original scale weight. But it varies from day to day, with some days going over my scale goal of 135 pounds and some days under.

My starting waist measurement was 38" and my starting hip measurement was 46", so my current hip measurement of 37" is an inch smaller than my starting waist measurement. My thighs are now only two inches larger than my starting calf measurements.

Here are my "before" photos compared to photos I took this morning:

http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/...psc9759981.jpg
Starting: 235 pounds, 11 May 2012
Compared to current: 133.4 pounds, 30 November 2013

I was in ATROCIOUS physical shape when I started, so I now feel indescribably better. I'm really strong now! I lift heavier in the gym than most small-framed men. I live in a hilly area of Michigan and I have no problem walking 3.5 miles into town. It actually only took about a 20-pound loss to eliminate my back pain and improve my stamina, so dramatic improvements came with a relatively small amount of bodyfat loss. It has definitely been worth it to *not eat* all of the things that I haven't eaten in the past year-and-a-half.

Good luck! If you don't want to go back to the problems you had before, just keep going!

Trigger828 11-30-2013 09:07 AM

Wonderful pics Trillex. You look fab!!!

3kidsandasheltie 11-30-2013 11:34 AM

I have lost 115pounds, my starting weight was 230pounds. So I have officially lost half of myself:lol:

MtherGoos 11-30-2013 12:23 PM

I started on February 22 at 300.6, and today I'm 193, so I've lost 107 pounds in 9 months.

Punkin 11-30-2013 12:36 PM

Wow, truly remarkable!

I have lost a total of 65lbs and gained back about 10 of it so far. I lost most of the 60 initially on a high carb diet. But to maintain and stabilize my BG levels, I switched to a low carb diet. Even though I am slowly gaining it back, I love the LC WOE. I wouldn't call myself a success story because I haven't officially been able to maintain my weight. I have always been a yoyo dieter, so this isn't anything new under the sun. One thing I do like though is that I feel much healthier doing low carb. I think the North American diet is ridiculously high in carbs. Not exactly sure how we got there, probably too much food advertising and living off cheap processed food. 8)

kempmuhlbauer 11-30-2013 12:58 PM

I have lost 28.2 pounds in the last 39 days. Included in that 39 days is a cheat weekend and a 7 day stall. Started at 267 and 238.8 as of this morning. 39 days ago I could barely walk a half mile without getting short winded. This morning I ran 6 miles, and had energy to spare. The energy level is incredible on this WOE.

Trillex is the woman and motivates me tremendously. As is Mothergoose with her impressive triple digit loses. Hope to lose another 20 pounds in the next 31 days because I know the losses are going to slow down. Everybody on LCF motivates me to stay on plan and keep losing. Thanks.

kempmuhlbauer 11-30-2013 01:00 PM

3kidsand a sheltie: that is some impressive stuff, losing half yourself.

susan41 11-30-2013 01:25 PM

Such great inspiring stories here...

I've lost 25 lbs I've actually tracked, since august 25th. However, July 4th I quit eating wheat and sugar, from photos and clothing sizes I'm sure I was at least 15 lbs heavier but I didn't weigh or measure. So I can't say for sure but I believe about 40 all total since July 4th.

Thing is also, I haven't lost since late sept, I am still bouncing around the 199/200 range everyday. But, I know by clothing, and how my body fat feels that I'm re shaping and losing inches. So eventually my scales will catch up.

Ntombi 11-30-2013 02:36 PM

I've lost over sixty pounds since January 3.

I have a lot more to go; I lose more slowly than I used to, but I've also had two surgeries and been on a ton of meds to counter an intractable infection this whole year, so I'm doing well, all things considered.

finallylosing 11-30-2013 06:25 PM

I have lot 70lbs in the last year and a half. The last bit has been very slow but I am happy where I am at right now although I could probably drop another ten to fifteen pounds. If it happens, it happens, if it doesn't, I'm okay with that. I feel so much better than I did and I know I am healthier.
You have done very well - keep it up. I sleep like a rock now and was always up at night before.

DiamondDeb 11-30-2013 06:36 PM

Congrats on feeling better! That is a huge part of what keeps me eating this way.

I don't have a goal weight but I've lost over 100 lbs and the fat is still melting away. Yesterday marked one year of uninterrupted eating on plan for me. I'll eat like this forever by choice. I love the positive things happening to my body inside & out!

Aleina 11-30-2013 06:39 PM

50 lbs lost in a year .

DiamondDeb 11-30-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntombi (Post 16701166)

I have a lot more to go; I lose more slowly than I used to, but I've also had two surgeries and been on a ton of meds to counter an intractable infection this whole year, so I'm doing well, all things considered.

You are amazing, my friend. Your determination to take care of yourself and stick to your plan no matter what life brings your way are truly inspirational.

Jrw85705 11-30-2013 08:02 PM

First off, your stories are inspiring to all of us no matter what amount of time we have been following a low carb way of eating.

I have lost a total of 95 pounds. The first 35 pounds starving myself on a low calorie - low fat diet. And after a while I was ready to stay fat and sick rather than continue eating that way. On a low carb diet I lost 60 pounds in the first year and I will have maintained that loss for two years in a month.

When I started I was wearing tight 44 inch waist pants and x-large shirts and now I can wear 32 inch pants and either medium or small shirt. I'm 64 and I haven't worn those sizes since I was in my early thirties.

One great thing I have found, when people remark about my weight loss, which I don't mind, is they say I look much healthier now and not remarks about hoping my weight loss isn't because I have been ill. I tell them a low carb way of eating will make you glow with good health.

dgidaho 11-30-2013 08:34 PM

These are awesome stories! Congratulations to all--and thank you for sharing!

I'm far from goal, but in so much better shape than when I started. I've lost 28 pounds since March, so the fat pretty much runs off my body like cold molasses. lol But it'll happen. :)

Trigger828--I love your attitude! "No biggie", and "lifetime change". That type of thinking is what it takes!

Trillex, you look absolutely amazing!!

IWasMadeThisWay--keep at it. More than likely, you'll continue to have marked improvements.

Ntombi--you're an inspiration to all of us! I hope this infection clears up soon!

Hot Tamale 12-01-2013 12:16 AM

You are all amazingly inspiring!! While I did have WLS, I lost as much as I did as quickly as I did by eating low-carb. There are a lot of misconceptions about weight loss surgery and a lot of different kinds of nutritional advice. However, low-carb is the only way I could lose in the past and it served - and serves me very well still.

I wanted to let you know that I had the worst sleep apnea the tech had ever seen in 13 years of doing his job - they actually stopped the study and made me wear oxygen cause my level had gone down to 51 - from a normal of like 95 - 100... I believe I woke up 239 times that night!!! I tell you this because losing weight should help you tremendously! I haven't had a new study done, but I can tell you I sleep through the night, I wake refreshed, and I can dream again. What a difference! Keep up the good work!!

~PaperMoon~ 12-01-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay (Post 16700674)
I've read results from past posts, and I find it to be inspiring to hear how others are doing on their WOE. How much have you lost, and are you at goal or maintaining?

Today marks day 15 for me sticking to plan, and I'm very happy with the results so far and how I am feeling. I have chronic rhinitis, and I've even noticed how much better that has been since staying on plan. And, I'm finding it funny that most of the time, I can sleep straight through the night without waking up. Because of my chronic rhinitis, I also have sleep apnea. Looks like that is improving as well!

Good for you sticking with your plan and great that it's improving other conditions too. :up: I've lost 100+ so far and I'm still losing. :)

luckymuma 12-01-2013 02:53 AM

I am due to weigh again on Wednesday. Last weigh in I think I had lost about 10kg, or just over which is about 22lbs...and halfway to goal. That's been over about 4mths.

And I too LOVE reading these updates. There are some absoloutley amazing people here :)

kempmuhlbauer 12-01-2013 05:08 AM

I am so glad I found this thread. Reading all these stories of long term success gives me hope that this time will be the time I stick with it. You guys are amazing. Thanks for sharing.

IWasMadeThisWay 12-01-2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catzmom (Post 16700741)

Good job! Yes I'm hoping my rhinitis and sleep apnea improves more. Having chronic rhinitis is the worst thing.. year round sniffling and a running nose, ugh!

Kittycatmom 12-01-2013 01:21 PM

I started this woe around the beginning of August of this year. I've lost 20 pounds to date, with 15 or so more to go. My scale loss is slow, but I'm continually shrinking :)

CurlsNCuffs 12-01-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trillex (Post 16700856)
Hi!

I had horrible lower-back pain when I started Atkins last year. And you wouldn't believe how terrible my stamina was! My front door was about a block-and-a-half from the bus stop and, some days, I felt totally out of breath by the time I got there. Some people can carry excess weight, while remaining healthy and fully functional, but I am not that person.

I've lost about 100 pounds since I started. I only weighed once per month during the active fat loss period but I've been in maintenance for about a month and a half and I've been weighing daily since hitting my scale goal. I was 133.4 pounds this morning, so that's about 101.5 pounds down from my original scale weight. But it varies from day to day, with some days going over my scale goal of 135 pounds and some days under.

My starting waist measurement was 38" and my starting hip measurement was 46", so my current hip measurement of 37" is an inch smaller than my starting waist measurement. My thighs are now only two inches larger than my starting calf measurements.

Here are my "before" photos compared to photos I took this morning:

http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/...psc9759981.jpg
Starting: 235 pounds, 11 May 2012
Compared to current: 133.4 pounds, 30 November 2013

I was in ATROCIOUS physical shape when I started, so I now feel indescribably better. I'm really strong now! I lift heavier in the gym than most small-framed men. I live in a hilly area of Michigan and I have no problem walking 3.5 miles into town. It actually only took about a 20-pound loss to eliminate my back pain and improve my stamina, so dramatic improvements came with a relatively small amount of bodyfat loss. It has definitely been worth it to *not eat* all of the things that I haven't eaten in the past year-and-a-half.

Good luck! If you don't want to go back to the problems you had before, just keep going!

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Stunning! Thank you for sharing. You look awesome!

Would you post a typical daily menu for folks, please? Keep up the good work.

CurlsNCuffs 12-01-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntombi (Post 16701166)

:high5::high5:

Catzmom 12-01-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay (Post 16701591)
Good job! Yes I'm hoping my rhinitis and sleep apnea improves more. Having chronic rhinitis is the worst thing.. year round sniffling and a running nose, ugh!

Thanks!

Yes, it is hard to live with, the chronic rhinitis. It's like having a permanent head cold! :(

IWasMadeThisWay 12-02-2013 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catzmom (Post 16702381)
Thanks!

Yes, it is hard to live with, the chronic rhinitis. It's like having a permanent head cold! :(

IT is! I might be getting an allergy shot soon, which I'm surprised has never been offered before. Hopefully, it will help as well!