Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   NSV!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/817756-nsv.html)

moonmirror 11-27-2013 10:39 AM

NSV!!

Weighed this morning and scale kept saying 186-188, and I was in the "this isn't working" mode.

Then I got dressed. Fit perfectly into a pair of size 15 juniors jeans that I was literally two inches from being able to button a month ago. No muffin top. My waist curved in like it was supposed to. My lower abdomen totally flat.

I went downstairs to show my paleo/fitness freak oldest daughter (who was a chubby child/teen until age 15). She said "Mom, its totally working! Stop obsessing about the scale because you look SO MUCH BETTER!"

Feeling like all my hard work is paying off. Its a nice feeling. :love:

LowCarbedD 11-27-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonmirror (Post 16698690)
Weighed this morning and scale kept saying 186-188, and I was in the "this isn't working" mode.

Then I got dressed. Fit perfectly into a pair of size 15 juniors jeans that I was literally two inches from being able to button a month ago. No muffin top. My waist curved in like it was supposed to. My lower abdomen totally flat.

I went downstairs to show my paleo/fitness freak oldest daughter (who was a chubby child/teen until age 15). She said "Mom, its totally working! Stop obsessing about the scale because you look SO MUCH BETTER!"

Feeling like all my hard work is paying off. Its a nice feeling. :love:

:high5::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::clap::clap::clap::high5:

Moonchild 11-29-2013 09:01 AM

CONGRATS!!! :)

girondet 11-29-2013 10:32 AM

Yay! The clothes and the mirror tell the real story! Congratulations!

Patience 11-29-2013 03:18 PM

That's good to remember for when the scale doesn't budge.
Way to go!!

LowCarbedD 11-29-2013 04:19 PM

My husband took me out today for my birthday today...patiently went with me to find jeans...I took in 4 pr of sz 6 jeans different brands and 1 pr of bandolino sz 4 jeans..all but 1 fit.....the 4's fit...nicely I might add BUT for those of you that know brands you know they run big..I bought the DKNY sz 6..they were very soft denim...and straight legged..and felt really good!! I knew I really liked the 4s but that that was about a vanity number...and the ones I really really liked were the 6's....he also bought me short boots to match the new purse my daughter bought me..I am such a stinkin' clothes horse when Im in the smaller sizes!! My husband says he loves it! So as we go to Cheeburger Cheeburger for my 5th annual birthday party there...( their bunless burgers are" to order" and amazing!)..Im wearing a really cute outfit....and I look GREAT for an old broad!

Blue Skies 12-01-2013 09:33 AM

So cool, moon mirror! Also loving how wise your daughter is. If she knows to go for the NSV and ignore the scale at this young age, she's years ahead of the game. Clothes really are the ultimate "scale," as all they can measure is how they fit, or don't fit. And when you know you couldn't button them up a bit ago and now it's easy fitting, you know your body is doing some serious changing whether the scale wants to say so or not.

[QUOTE= I am such a stinkin' clothes horse when Im in the smaller sizes!! [/QUOTE]

Happy B'day LowCarbedD! And boy, this is me too on the clothes horse thing. Last year at this time I'd totally lost my interest in clothes, it was a chore to buy what covered the pounds, not what I liked. But now, 38 pounds down, I've had a blast buying clothes. Dressing room dread has turned into fun and surprise at what actually looks good on me these days. Still a ways from my goal, and it's so motivating to look forward to even better.

Dedicated 12-02-2013 05:41 AM

That's always a great feeling when the scale isn't moving and old clothes begin to fit.
Keep it up!