LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 07:22 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: createart
Stats: 22/20. 18. 12/10
WOE: Low Carb my way
Start Date: January 1, 2004 / October 21, 2013
I didn't give up

On Sunday, November 3 I started a week-long sickness that wrecked havoc on my appetite in general. It was right at my third week mark and nothing low carb sounded good to eat. All things considered I did pretty good- I had crackers on Monday, November 4 when I had no energy to cook anything and was afraid to eat anything anyway! Then on Tuesday I had a chick fil a sandwich, but I did at least eat those carbs within an hour, trying to do some sort of CAD approach.

I didn't expect to lose anything that week and I didn't- didn't lose or gain. I was able to chalk it up to being sick, having a couple indiscretions and my body getting back in the swing of things.

But these past few days have wrecked havoc on me emotionally- I've been losing and gaining the same two pounds for two weeks! It put me at losing 15 pounds or 17 pounds, back and forth, back and forth. Normally I would have said screw it by now, and on Sunday when DH and I were eating lunch at a restaurant and there ended up being rice in my broccoli I was really ready to throw the towel in (I didn't touch the broccoli by the way!) I felt defeated and thought that maybe there really is a golden shot and I had mine years ago. Needless to say my mind was swarming with failure thoughts, doom and gloom of never losing weight again, blah blah blah.

But...I still didn't give up, even though my mind was ready I guess my subconscious wasn't. And, I'm so glad I didn't! This morning when I stepped on the scale I was finally down- lost two more pounds beyond the two I was dancing with- so as of today, in less than a month, I'm down 19 pounds!

Thank you all on the boards here, because that is truly why I didn't give up. Every post that told someone to not give up made me stay the course, even when it didn't seem like it was going to matter!

Last edited by createart; 11-19-2013 at 07:24 AM..
createart is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2013, 07:42 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Romy
Stats: 164/142.5/120-130
WOE: LC
Start Date: July1,2013
Congrats on you sticking with it. Our bodies does not always do what we want it to do. It has a mind of its own and will release the fat at its own pace. It is only when we throw in the towel that we get into trouble. This woe is for life not just to get to goal or loose a few pound and then have a field day until we gain back all the weight that we worked so hard to loose and then we get depressed because we have to start all over again. Life happens and sometimes one has to make the best of bad situations and choices and move forward not backwards. Never loose sight of the goal and once reached, make another goal to never go back to the bad habits that get us into trouble.
Romy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Amy, that is GREAT! Congratulations!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: monees lc
Stats: 187./170/145
WOE: atkins
Start Date: March 2008
Congrats. And now your experience and encouragement will help someone else get thru a rough spot. As we all stay the course the success will come in lost pounds or inches and just overall well-being.
monees lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
Yea for you! Now you know, if you had given up, all that hard work would've been down the drain. WTG!! And, just for the record, even 15lbs for a month is awesome!!
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FitMommyNow
Stats: 280/235/160
WOE: No Sugar, No Grains, No Dairy, No Nuts
Congratulations! Very inspiring. I never seem to get past those slow weeks 3 & 4 before caving in because I think it's "not working."
FitMommyNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Congrats. never say die, never give up. the body will respond if we just stay the course.
Trigger828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/171/140-135 depending
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Yay Amy!!! Way to stick with it girl!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote