Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jendubz
Stats: 178/178/130
WOE: Low Carb
Packing breakfast and lunches for husband

My husband and I are starting lowcarb living again. He lost 50lbs before but has gained it all back plus some. I'm ready for a change myself! My husband isn't a picky eater, but I'd like to have some quick/easy breakfast and lunch ideas to pack for him. He's not a big fan of leftovers so that's out. Help with portions as well. He thinks that just because there's no carbs, that you can eat as much as you want! Maybe veggies, but meat too? Am I wrong???

He's not sure if he wants to start this yet because of the holidays, but we've done it before and we can do it again! Why wait until the beginning of the year if you want to lose! You'll always face challenges! Why not face holiday food head on! If I pack his lunches for him, he won't have much of a choice.

TIA!
jendubz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jendubz
Stats: 178/178/130
WOE: Low Carb
Oops! Can I get this moved to low carb recipes and suggestions? Sorry!
jendubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs. Binkums
We maybe married to the same man!

Jendubz, I understand where your coming from. My husband just "blind eats" and figures low or no carb is carte blanche..I tend to give him lots of veggies he likes, like celery, cherry tomatoes, to snack on in the house even to bring to work. Boiled eggs are good quick BF and as for lunch, I make chicken salad wraps, tuna salads, and disguised leftovers...for example meatloaf transformed into chilli stuff peppers wit/wit out cheese, or a meat sauce for spaghetti squash/low carb pasta..get creative...it really dosen't make much to fool them..good luck..and don't give up...
Mrs. Binkums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
A good chopped salad is always a great idea -- include the type of lettuce and proteins that your husband likes. I make one for my fiancé that has romaine lettuce, chopped salami and provolone cheese, red onion, tomato, celery and cucumber with an olive oil and balsamic dressing. I also make him celery sticks spread with all natural peanut butter or Laughing Cow cheese. They also have low carb wraps (11 carbs per wrap) at the supermarket so you could make him a wrap sandwich too. Good luck!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:30 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
For breakfast you can give him 1 minute muffins. Search this site for the recipe.

He can eat as much meat as he wants. As he gets acclimated to this way of eating, he will decrease the amount he wants. Meat doesn't have carbs. Vegetables on the other hand have carbs and you do need to watch them. Look at the Induction food chart from the Atkins book. It can be found on line if you don't have a copy.

I would suggest that you make some big meat on the weekend. Then prepare it for his lunch on a daily basis. I usually make ham, pork shoulder, pot roast or whole chickens. When I cook it I usually only spice it with salt and pepper. Then when I go to use it, I can add additional spices. For example, I could use pot roast and eggs for breakfast. I could put lime, chili, and mint on the pot roast and put it over salad for a Thai style meat salad. Then I could use some low carb bbq sauce on the pot roast for the next meal. You get the idea. Once you do the big cooking on the weekend, the individual preparations take less than 10 minutes. This really helps when you are just tired and hungry and want to eat.
Big Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:35 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: trishthedish
Stats: 26/22/12
WOE: LC
Start Date: One day at a time
Quick pre- made breakfast = quiche. Can be eaten hot of cold and he can have whatever fillings he would like. Doesn't make a bad lunch either.

For lunch, maybe some wings. He can go to town on them during his first week or two on track and it will keep him filled and satisfied. Again, can be eaten hot or cold.
trishthedish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
Start Date: restart 8/13
boiled eggs....precooked bacon or sausage....cheese/salami...quiche...Im looking at making scotch eggs..I told my DH Id make 2 and he could decide if he liked them...meat cheese roll ups....veggies/ dip....berries...melon chunks ( at OWL)..my husband like l/c bars....I don't do wraps...but he likes l/c wraps ..chicken salad....( in wrap or over greens)..tuna salad..roast beef and cheese..
LowCarbedD is online now   Reply With Quote