LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: babihuey
Stats: 191 after preg/Lost 40 pounds on Atkins/160lbs Hcg
WOE: Hcg diet
Start Date: October 7, 2012
Apple Cider Vinegar

I have been a long time Atkins, Low Carb dieter , (25 years ) I have always had great success and made it a way of eating for life. I am 5'7 and have always been able to keep my weight between 140 and 150....then ...

I got pregnant at the age of 48 for the very 1st time . I had to stay in bed for most of the 3 trimesters , so.......I gained 45 pounds and weighed about 190 when I had my baby girl. I breastfed for one year with no dieting of course and I am now 158 pounds. I have done everything right on the Low Carb as in the past, a full 14 day induction , nothing , nothing , nothing.

I want to know if anyone has tried Apple Cider Vinegar in conjunction with phase 1 and been successful . HELP
babihuey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
Well I take ACV everyday, but it's not about losing weight. It has supposedly a whole host of benefits. I say supposedly because there isn't, at least to my knowledge, a lot of science behind it. But still.

At 158, you should be right around where you should be no? How much do you want to lose? Weight training my be more beneficial. You lose a lot of muscle tone after having a baby. That might help.

Don't understand why you wouldn't lose on induction levels. Are you still beast feeding? If so, maybe you need more fuel for your body?

..stop thinking of it as "starting over". It's life, we don't get do-overs. You can only move forward from this point. ~~ pepperanne
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:36 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
I love ACV and use it for health benefits as well. Not sure if it helps with LC, but I have used it for years, even when i wasn't Lcing.
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamabat
Stats: 226/159/135
Start Date: January 8 2013
I use ACV every day for sinus issues. Has never seemed to effect my weight loss - that said, I took it from day 1, so I guess I wouldn't know?! haha
mamabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
Start Date: April 2012
You had a baby, you are probably around 50 at this point.....so many changes in your body. My suggestion would be to start tracking calories along with carbs. That way you can tweak things and really know exactly what is happening to your weight when you eat more or less calories. Also, moderate protein, higher fat is really good for losing.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote