Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   After serious consideration (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/816946-after-serious-consideration.html)

finallylosing 11-12-2013 12:07 PM

After serious consideration

I have decided that I am pretty much at my goal. I started this journey to help myself feel better and be happier and I have to say that I am there. After years of fighting with my weight and eventually getting type 2 diabetes, I have found a way of eating that makes me happy and healthy. I have lost just over 70 lbs and know that I could probably lose another fifteen or so but I honestly don't care if I ever do. I have been at this weight, give or take a pound or two, for the last three months and I think my body is happy here. I realize I will never be as small as the charts say I should be - I have had three children and am 44 years old! Perhaps if I had found this way of eating years ago I could have lost more but I didn't. I am not saying in anyway that I am done - I am just not going to focus on the scales anymore. If I lose more, fantastic, but my main goal was to be healthier and I know I am. My A1c is down to 5.0 and I feel better than I have in years. I started at a size 22 and am down to a size 8 - 10 jeans. I know I look good. It would be nice to be able to lose the pouch but I don't think it will ever go away! I know I will eat this way for the rest of my life because I can't even imagine going back to the old way. I have been eating low carb for over a year and a half and not strayed at all. This is the plan for me. I absolutely love eating this way and the delicious food we get to eat.
Just wanted to share my revelation!!!

astribling 11-12-2013 12:13 PM

Congratulations!!!

And so much of what you said hit home with me as well. Thanks for sharing that! I am by no means thin, but at a good weight for my body size and age as you mentioned. Also have had 2 kids, and have that pooch. In a size 8 jeans and am thrilled with that.

I totally agree that being healthy and comfortable where you are at is an amazing feeling. And Yes!, we can do this for the rest of our lives!

Cudabear 11-12-2013 12:17 PM

I got down to 128lbs once upon a time and still had the pooch.. Good call to focus on the health. Well Done!

snowangel9 11-12-2013 12:43 PM

Nice! :clap: I think what you have realized is really important! Being healthy isn't about a number on the scale, and you've proved that to yourself. Way to go on giving yourself permission to be o.k. where you are and not obsessing about a number. And, we all know those charts aren't accurate. Good job!!

princessmommy 11-12-2013 12:56 PM

That's so Wonderful! Huge Congrats!

clackley 11-12-2013 01:22 PM

A great big congrats from me too!! Well done.:clap:

mttemple4 11-12-2013 01:46 PM

Wonderful post! Way to go.

finallylosing 11-12-2013 04:02 PM

Thanks so much everyone. I feel very good about this decision.
And Alice, I love your tagline. I feel the same way. My mother in law keeps asking how my diet is going and I keep telling her, I am not on a diet, I am a diabetic and am controlling my sugars!

pulchritudinous_j 11-12-2013 05:00 PM

Yay! Congratulations!!!

llisarray 11-12-2013 08:04 PM

Great post ! Great decision !

susan41 11-12-2013 08:16 PM

Thrilled for you, great post! Thank you!

susume 11-12-2013 08:50 PM

I am happy for you and your thread is very inspiring.

Trigger828 11-13-2013 03:40 AM

Congrats! Success! You sound very happy to be where you are at, now work hard to find a great way to maintain and just move forward with your life :) the 'must lose weight journey' is over! YEA!

KellBell1234 11-13-2013 03:48 AM

Congrats on your success! :jumpjoy:

Aquarius 11-13-2013 08:30 AM

Congratulations! Health and well-being are so much more important than a number on a scale.

cmiller130 11-13-2013 03:35 PM

Congratulations!

Big Stevie 11-13-2013 05:07 PM

Congratulations. Great insight and self awareness.

This thread is timely. I have been having the exact same thoughts. I have been at the same weight for 10 weeks now. I set a goal of 195 when I started and I am currently at 212. I just can't seem to get down anymore. I am sure I could really restrict my calories and up my workouts to get down more, but I am feeling good where I am at, even though the medical charts still say I am clinically obese. I went from a 46 waste to between 34 and 36. (That is 7 sizes down). I am 49 years old and when I graduated from high school I had a 34 waste and was 190 pounds. I am also off type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure meds and feel great. Still trying to decide whether or not to try to make that final push.

finallylosing 11-13-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Stevie (Post 16682422)
Congratulations. Great insight and self awareness.

This thread is timely. I have been having the exact same thoughts. I have been at the same weight for 10 weeks now. I set a goal of 195 when I started and I am currently at 212. I just can't seem to get down anymore. I am sure I could really restrict my calories and up my workouts to get down more, but I am feeling good where I am at, even though the medical charts still say I am clinically obese. I went from a 46 waste to between 34 and 36. (That is 7 sizes down). I am 49 years old and when I graduated from high school I had a 34 waste and was 190 pounds. I am also off type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure meds and feel great. Still trying to decide whether or not to try to make that final push.

Congrats to you as well Big Stevie! I feel like we are both in the same place. I know if I also cut calories or tweeked something I could probably drop some more weight but I don't know if it's worth it right now. I feel so well and to be honest, the way I am eating has just become such an everyday affair I don't even have to think about it. I have no desire to eat off this plan and can't even remember the last time I was tempted. My weight loss just slowed down gradually and seems to be stuck here but I think my body is happy here and so am I!!

smoky 11-13-2013 06:52 PM

Congrats awesome job :jumpjoy::up:

avid 11-13-2013 07:48 PM

Kudo's to you!
Now, go shopping......YaY!!!!

Ntombi 11-13-2013 07:56 PM

:congrats: That's wonderful, congratulations on looking at your health, your life, and your feelings and making the decision that works for you!

luckymuma 11-13-2013 08:05 PM

What an inspiring post! I love reading things like this! It makes me realise that my goal may not be the goal my body has in mind for itself :)

mamabat 11-15-2013 10:29 AM

Congratulations!

And, what you've discovered is what I am discovering. Especially as I get closer and really evaluate what my goal weight is. I've been through pregnancies each being a c-section, and I'm 40. I'm never going to be a perky 20 year old again! haha.

So now when someone (that I don't mind answering) asks me my goal I just say somewhere between 135 and 120...wherever I FEEL and look right. Won't know until I see it, really. :D

gardengoddess 11-15-2013 12:06 PM

Congratulations!

finallylosing 11-15-2013 04:10 PM

@ mamabat - it's amazing how many people have asked me how much I want to lose, or say, you aren't going to lose much more are you? I don't know why it bothers them how much I want to lose but whatever. Now I just tell them, I'll know when I get there!

finallylosing 11-15-2013 04:12 PM

And thank you everyone for your kind words. I think we are all doing a fantastic job and the support on this board is amazing.

maurine 11-15-2013 04:26 PM

Congratulation,on a job well done,

Flutter 11-18-2013 08:58 AM

Woohooo, I am so happy for you!!! WTG!!! Figuring out what your "goal" weight really is can be such a mind game. It's wonderful that you recognize your body is at a happy place now, and your mind is as well. What a marvelous feeling!