Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   60 pounds down!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/816934-60-pounds-down.html)

lowcarbella 11-12-2013 09:48 AM

60 pounds down!!!

When I saw my highest weight of 241 during my pregnancy,I decided I will get back on the lowcarb wagon as soon as I have my baby.Well today is 20 months from that day and I am down 60 pounds and 60+ inches.I have completed about 2/3rds of my journey and has 30 more lbs to go.My body fat went from 42% to 31.8%.

I have entered the exciting phase of the 'last 30 pounds' but also the hardest.There were many many struggles and long stalls.But I have never felt better.My pain and inflammation is way down.My moods are clearer.No hypoglycemic crashes.My fungal nail infection of 15 years simply disappeared.
I carry a lot of weight on my tummy and now I have lost 10 inches off it!

I still struggle with some cravings,but no one is perfect and I am still finding my way.I want to thank you all for this wonderful board that reinforced in me that this WOE is the right one.

lterry913 11-12-2013 11:42 AM

Yay...keep on keepin on plan!

Meek75 11-12-2013 11:45 AM

Congrats on your weight loss thus far. Your story inspires me. I'm struggling to lose weight after having a baby boy 4-years ago. I'm back on the low carb wagon as of today. I lost 70+ pounds before on low carbs and I can do it again!!

Thanks for the inspiration :hugs:

LolaGetz 11-12-2013 12:25 PM

Exciting, wonderful and inspiring news. So happy for you Bella. Keep up the good work and never give up the fight. You've come so far and I know you will have continued success.

GailyGail 11-12-2013 12:27 PM

Congratulations! You are a wonderful inspiration!

snowangel9 11-12-2013 12:28 PM

WTG Bella!!! :clap: :clap: Stories like yours are what keep me hanging on. I know I'll figure out why I'm having such a hard time, this time. That's awesome that you've stuck with it, even when it's hard. Good for you!!! :jumpjoy:

finallylosing 11-12-2013 01:12 PM

Fantastic job! Stick with it, you can do it!

Low Carb Librarian 11-12-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finallylosing (Post 16680588)
Fantastic job! Stick with it, you can do it!

:jumpjoy:
Amazing!!!

princessmommy 11-12-2013 01:55 PM

Awesome!! Way to go!!!

cfine 11-12-2013 05:06 PM

You are rocking it!

paid4c4 11-12-2013 05:30 PM

Congratulations on what has to be tough personal discipline. Your story is encouragement for those of us wishing we were as far a long as you. Keep up the good work!!!
Bill

sheened 11-13-2013 05:46 AM

Well done!!! Stories like your are what keeps me going!!

srsmom 11-13-2013 05:51 AM

That's awesome!!!!! You're sticking with it for the long haul, and I know a lot of us, including me, can take a lesson from you. Way to go!!!!

lowcarbella 11-13-2013 07:46 AM

Thanks for the responses,wow,they make me happy and motivated.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by srsmom (Post 16681273)
You're sticking with it for the long haul, and I know a lot of us, including me, can take a lesson from you. Way to go!!!!

That was the mistake I made last time 8 years ago when I first started Atkins.I lost pretty quickly about 40 pounds in a few months,then vanity hit hard,I decided I will go back to my previous high carb WOE because I was just like everyone else.
It took me a 90 pound gain and 6 years of struggle with weight loss and several health issues including not being able to conceive and cancer and deaths in the family to realize that I had a broken metabolism,and that the only WOE that is suitable for me is LCHF.
This time around,weight loss was painfully slooow.
Induction alone wasn't working anymore.(I lowered my protein and upped fat)With several pregnancies,hormone turmoil and aging,I do not have the fast metabolism I had before.I had to white-knuckle a lot,fell off the wagon a few times,and I am still hanging on.

I know I am in this for the long haul this time around,because I have nowhere else to go:stars:,thanks for reminding me that!!!I wrote this so it may help someone who is having a hard time sticking with this WOE,as I did,it is all worth in the end not only for weight loss,but for great health too.