Old 11-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: asosanko
Stats: 266/204/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
Don't eat eggs, I don't with the exception of those I put into thing like 1 minute muffins.

If you don't like something don't eat it.

Atkins is a very good plan and you lose weight on it quickly. Stop trying to think of ways to do it better/quicker and just do Atkins. It will come quickly enough.
I have good intentions .. I want to do well but I just end up eating poorly throughout the day... Ive been doing low carb on and off since I was 16 I am 22 now.. I always did Atkins or a modified version of it.. I don't understand why its so hard to follow induction this time around. Im not even hungry when I stuff my face I think its due to medication.. Depakote (spelling?).. and Risperdal .. plus ive been getting my period every 2 weeks.. not trying to create excuses just trying to provide some explanation as to why im over eating severely
asosanko is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2013, 05:29 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
I think Cauliflower rice would work with it. Drained really well and squeezed through a towel even ( I saw that trick on line for making a drier pizza crust)
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by asosanko View Post
I have good intentions .. I want to do well but I just end up eating poorly throughout the day... Ive been doing low carb on and off since I was 16 I am 22 now.. I always did Atkins or a modified version of it.. I don't understand why its so hard to follow induction this time around. Im not even hungry when I stuff my face I think its due to medication.. Depakote (spelling?).. and Risperdal .. plus ive been getting my period every 2 weeks.. not trying to create excuses just trying to provide some explanation as to why im over eating severely

Sounds like you have a lot of things going on. Maybe it isn't the right time to focus on weight loss right now. Maybe if you got your health issues sorted out, you would be much more successful on the plan.

In order for this program to work, you have to stick to it. Each time you eat too many carbs, it takes your body several days to get back into ketosis. So for every cheat day, you set yourself back about 3 days. So if you cheat twice a week you won't ever get into ketosis, and you won't lose weight. This isn't the right program for someone who likes to cheat.

Best of luck to you. I hope you get this all figured out for yourself.
Big Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

I don't like to cheat it's just been chaotic and I've been using food as an escape I guess I really love low carb and I want to do it correctly
Old 11-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Flylady says" Housework, done incorrectly, still blesses your home."

I think you can try to do low carb and don't worry if you "make a mistake" , It will be there for you the next meal. Anything you do in the right direction will take you closer to the right direction, right?

Andi it's not a cheat it's a choice, maybe not a good one, but oh well, next meal you'll do better. It's not really all or nothing. A good diet is something you want to have for the rest of your life, so it's good to get some practice and learn from mistakes while it's still easy to correct them.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Yes I really need to learn from my mistakes and stay focused to smarter healthier low carb eating habits I want to follow low carb for the rest of my life