Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   OMG! Sugar free speculoos (Biscoff) syrup! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/816776-omg-sugar-free-speculoos-biscoff-syrup.html)

createart 11-08-2013 10:38 PM

OMG! Sugar free speculoos (Biscoff) syrup!

I almost fainted when I spotted the latest Sugar free Torani flavor! It's called Belgian Cookie speculoos- which is Biscoff a.k.a. the same cookie that's so popular for being ground up and made in cookie butter!

I can't wait to experiment with my new bottle! What is y'all's favorite way to use sugar free syrups?

juncus 11-08-2013 11:14 PM

Sounds yummy -- I love those cookies! Where do you find the best variety of sugar-free syrups? I want to buy a Kahlua one......and now this one! Winter is coming, and as a major hot chocolate lover, I need to find a low-carb alternative. I want to come up with some hot tea/heavy cream/flavored syrup concoctions to satisfy my cold-weather cravings for hot cocoa. Thanks!

createart 11-09-2013 12:15 AM

Netrition has a lot of them here online, but in-store I've had the best luck at World Market!

Meg2039 11-09-2013 03:06 AM

OMG! I love biscoff! I'm totally getting this!

ravenrose 11-09-2013 06:42 AM

depends on where you live. Here in northern CA, by FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRr the best prices are at Cash and Carry. around $4 and a great assortment, though not the ones I REALLY want. they will order a case for you, but what do I want with 12 bottles of something? I think not.

Smart and Final is the next in line, pricewise, TOrani only, but lately our store has cut back the sugar free to only about 10 flavors, not interesting to me.

World Market has more flavors but shall we say "fully priced."

Netrition is great, such a variety, and $5 shipping is not much at all if you get several bottles.

juncus 11-09-2013 04:08 PM

Thanks for the suggestions!

cherrytt_too 11-09-2013 04:12 PM

I get mine at World Market and sometime Ross or TJ Maxx will have them. I wait til the go on sale 2 for $12 at WM and I usually have coupons that are anywhere from 10% to $10 off so I'll stock up.

I'm going to swing by tomorrow to see if I can find the new one. I <3 dipping pretzel rods into a jar of cookie butter...I keep trying to 'forget' that I have half a jar in my desk drawer at work.

I use my Torani's in my coffee - I have a little coffee bar set up in my office with a nespresso pixie and all different syrups and teas and things.

I also use them for cream cheese muffins and various other LC baked goods.

vanilla_latte 11-12-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by createart (Post 16676697)
I almost fainted when I spotted the latest Sugar free Torani flavor! It's called Belgian Cookie speculoos- which is Biscoff a.k.a. the same cookie that's so popular for being ground up and made in cookie butter!

I can't wait to experiment with my new bottle! What is y'all's favorite way to use sugar free syrups?

I saw that when I was picking up some SF Pumpkie Pie syrup last week. I wondered if it was anything like that Cookie Butter at Trader Joe's when I saw the Speculoos. The one I came to love before jumping into low carb eating (again). Me thinks I'll have to pick up a bottle next time.

I use the syrups in coffee, shakes, cheesecake muffins, lc pancakes, OMM's, etc.