LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Just Russ
Stats: Restart 2.1.14 * 244#/234# 2.23.14
WOE: Carb Adicted: Atkins 72, measured portions
Start Date: Original start 2000, 252/168
The induction surge seems to be over...

and a nice one it was. -9 I was psyched to be back on plan again. Not my first rodeo. I knew I wouldn't continue to lose like that. But the last 2 days with no change has me blue. I know I have to hang in here. I just need some rays of hope.
I think what I'm eating is ok. If I go a week with no change, I'll do a diary & look for tweaks (not twerks!).
Just Russ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
You crack me up. Nine pounds down is freakin' awesome!! Give your body time to adjust and you'll continue to lose. Don't get tweak happy too soon. You're still on the horse, so just keep riding cowboy! : D
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/141.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
I agree! You're doing awesome and should be really proud of yourself. Don't get in too much hurry to start tweaking (or twerking! LOL). Give your body time to adjust and it will start dropping again.
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Hey, flagman! Good to have you back! Don't feel blue! You should be celebrating bc you have just gotten through the hardest part. And the weight will continue to go down. For me, it has felt so painfully slow at times, but then when you look up 8 or 10 months later, whoa! It's so shocking to see how you've changed. So it is not about how much the scale went down today, it is about the fact that you are back in the race!!!
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: limetwist
Stats: [5'8"] 230/IT IS A MYSTERY/135ish
WOE: Low carb - Intermittent fasting
Start Date: 01/2011, got lazy/married, rebooting FOR REAL 2014
I am in a very similar situation to you. I understand COMPLETELY. For me, it was 7 lbs, and now I've been going up a little, and then stalling for the past few days. Just know that the way that you're eating is SO INCREDIBLY much better than the typical carbfest diet. It will go down eventually. I've been blue this week too. Stick to it, and keep positive.

This is coming from someone who's been moping the past few days, hah. It makes me feel more positive to encourage others. I know it's true! This is the way to health for many of us.

Born again from the bread crumbs—a life journal, low-carb style
limetwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chris 232
Stats: 242.8/230.6/133 5'6" age 64
Start Date: 2/2006, restart 2/2012 & 7/2014
I agree with Cristin, I also just restarted 10/30/13, and have lost the 11 lb surge for one week. I know that from now on it will be maybe .5 to 2 lbs a week. I am faithful to low carb-and trying not to overeat on that.

So I look for a 4 to 10 lb loss for a month--if I don't cheat on my diet at all. If I cheat or change the program, the loss is less.

So just stay with things the way they are and you will see the results. I just eat plain food-eggs, meat and cheese, not making recipes. It is the easiest way.
Start adding exercise no matter how small. Start walking to the corner and back, then after a few days of that, try around the block. Maybe walk a little faster. I can only do 3 minutes on the elliptical right now, but it is 3 minutes more than I used to do.

You total weight loss goal is less than mine, so hang in there and keep going.
Chris 232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Frogbait
Stats: 167.5/145/125
Start Date: 10/26/13
I too have had a small stall, after week 1 of induction, but I think that once your body has adjusted to the water weight being gone, the fat will disappear at a slower pace than the water. Good luck to you!
Frogbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Biochic
Stats: 192/138/?? 5'2"
WOE: Atkinesque
Start Date: 12/28/12
After my two week induction things slowed to a crawl for awhile. Hang in. Congrats on a great start.
Biochic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

I swear it I could walk (without support) it would be so much easier. I've added fall injuries to the MS. Pretty much sorks.
I need to grow taller. I'm too short to weigh this much! LOL!!
Old 11-10-2013, 12:17 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Moonlights
Stats: 204/150/136
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 18/04/2012
Guys guys a week (or even two weeks) stall after the big induction loss is so normal and common it's mentioned in most of the low carb plan books.

Don't 'tweak after a week' unless you genuinely feel you're eating something that might be off plan (and in that case why not post up some menus for us to look to look over?). Give it at least two weeks and remember that after that the average loss is about 2lb per week - you won't see a loss every day. You might not see a loss every 5 days but it will come.

Remember you've just lost a lot of your glycogen stores tied up in water weight. Right now your body is frantically hanging on to water just in case you're in a crisis situation, and it's filling up your empty fat cells with it. This water masks loss. So make sure you're drinking plenty and your body will start to relax again. Keep it up and don't be blue, you're doing great.
Moonlights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

I've been just over 2 weeks since my restart. Tomorrow will be a week with no change. That's ok. I've stayed on plan. I haven't slipped up. It's easy to get discouraged after so much Induction loss. I'm not new to LC but I don't remember stalling for a week. I'm going to give it another week. I don't normally keep a food diary but I pretty much eat the same basic meals. A food diary just gives me a measurement of what I'm actually eating & a document to use to actually figure out the percentages. I'm flying mostly from memory... I might be doing something wrong or substituting something I should not. That's what I meant by 'tweaking'... perhaps a bad choice of words.

"NO, I CAN'T EAT JUST ONE!"

Multiple Sclerosis Dx 2001 after years of mis-dx & vague symptoms *a lot of meds* now SP * Able to stand & shuffle a few steps with support: does not = meaningful exercise. Harder to do by just WOE.