LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinmarie
Stats: 137/118/ 110
WOE: Modified Atkins/ vlc/frankenfood free
Start Date: last start 8/11, restart 7/28/13
Slippery Slip and downward slide :(

I'm not sure what it is about the last week or so but I really have been slipping up terribly! I have still been preparing healthy meals at home but we have had a lot of social engagements as well. Generally, I never have a hard time passing on the carbs but for some reason, I have just eaten them. Not a full fledged carb festival mind u , but it all started last Thursday when I had fries with my wings and full carb beer... Healthy all the next day intent on getting back on track... Then the next night at a fundraiser, I had about a cup of spaghetti , followed the next day with corn tortillas, and we were gifted with home made tamales, soo... I have to date eaten three! Every day I wake up intending to get back on plan, I really felt terrible, achy and tired and know absolutely that the carbs are to blame. I did well all day yesterday, then at dinner I had 2 glasses of white wine and my lobster was served with a small potato and a small serving of rice. I ate both! Why I don't know, I had no craving nor did I get any pleasure. I just did! Now, aside from the slight bloating that is to be expected, I fonts think I have done much damage, I am maintaining until the new year ( hopefully) but what a slipping slide ! I need to get back on track. I want to be back on track. Why do I keep screwing up?
erinmarie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: momov2boys
Well, Erin... you're not alone!

For me, it started with Costco's (unbelievably amazing) croissants.
Then, I was an idiot and had peanut butter MnMs.
2 days of this.

Here's to a better day with good choices!
momov2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 205/185/140
WOE: LC/Experimenting w/ NK
Start Date: Jan 2012
It seems like this time of year is ripe for slip-ups, right? Sometimes you manage to avoid things like halloween candy only to succumb to something else a couple days later. If the temptation is at events outside the home, try to fill up on good LC food at home first - a full tummy is less likely to let you give in. If I know the temptation will just be too great, I bake up a batch of LC goodies to take along. Another things that helps me is to see a visual of how often this is happening. You could put a red dot or something like that on the calendar for every meal where you ate off plan, and see how often this is happening, and think about what happened before that might have pushed you overboard. Plus the act of putting that dot on the calendar right after you go off plan might deter you from doing it again for a while? Just an idea.
But yes, you are definitely not alone!
alex_in_wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinmarie
Stats: 137/118/ 110
WOE: Modified Atkins/ vlc/frankenfood free
Start Date: last start 8/11, restart 7/28/13
It's happening a lot lately. Now I'm close to goal, people are less supportive of LC and more likely to push the carby stuff " but you are so skinny do t be silly" uhhh yeah well I didn't lose the weight on accident and I'd kinda like to maintan lol! Today not too bad. Had a couple light beers but otherwise on plan. Low calories overall so cool... I think once I'm back in ketosis I will be fine. I tend not to have any appetite at all in ketosis. Tomorrow will be a strict very low carb day for sure.
erinmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Just Russ
Stats: Restart 2.1.14 * 244#/234# 2.23.14
WOE: Carb Adicted: Atkins 72, measured portions
Start Date: Original start 2000, 252/168
Real Life has slip ups. It's important to get back on plan as quickly as possible. A slip does not have to be a slide. Get rid of the carb treats & get back on plan.
I know what I am talking about. I kept putting it off & now have major weight to lose.

Shut off the carb pushers as if they were selling drugs. If you want to redefine your goal fine. But for someone to say "You are skinny & don't need to stay on plan... " Do not know what they are talking about. Maybe that can work in other plans. It doesn't work in LC. I'm waddling proof of that. I listened to the saboteurs... & here I am... with 70# to get back to where I was.

"NO, I CAN'T EAT JUST ONE!"

Multiple Sclerosis Dx 2001 after years of mis-dx & vague symptoms *a lot of meds* now SP * Able to stand & shuffle a few steps with support: does not = meaningful exercise. Harder to do by just WOE.
Just Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Barbie83
Stats: 266/251.6/180
WOE: Low Carb/Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: 2/19/2014
just came in to give u a "honey i totally understand" hug
Barbie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Girlieschmoo
Stats: 142/124/121
WOE: Maria Emmerich and "No S"
Quote:
Originally Posted by momov2boys View Post
Costco's (unbelievably amazing) croissants.
:
Clearly, these have crack in them. I have told my friends and family that if the end of the world happens, I am going on a Costco croissant bender.

Last edited by Girlieschmoo; 11-07-2013 at 02:09 PM..
Girlieschmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: momov2boys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlieschmoo View Post
Clearly, these have crack in them. I have told my friends and family that if the end of the world happens, I am going on a Costco croissant bender.
Glad you can understand!

I truly think I can incorporate them in my woe, as long as I can eat one (and not three) in a sitting!
momov2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:55 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2muttsmom
Stats: 204/183/150
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: 07/2008; restart 9/28/2013
Erin, I know what you mean about people not getting it.

People who decide to become vegetarians aren't assumed that they are on a short term kick and will revert back to "normal". Most people accept it as a lifestyle change. No one tries to push a hamburger or steak onto someone who has declared he/she is a vegetarian.

But for some reason, this WOE is equated with going on WW or one of the other "diets" that is considered a short term "fix" to drop a few pounds. Once you've "lost the weight," you can relax and eat like a normal person again, so it goes.

As many posters have pointed out on other posts, about the only time the food-pushers relent is if you point to some medical malady that justifies your "sacrifice". Then it's all commiseration at how you must be suffering...

Stay strong. The holidays are a minefield, but you know what works for you!
2muttsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:11 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snowdancer79
Stats: 202/170/150 5'8" restart 10.01.12
I'm with you 100%. Except I've been slipping up since June. Every day I wake up with good intentions, and most of the time I'm good Monday-Friday. The weekends are the hardest for me. Every time I put something carby in my mouth, I'm aware that I'm back-tracking, but I can't help myself. It's hard to fathom that I will always have to struggle like this to maintain a healthy weight. But I'll keep on fighting.
snowdancer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: peanutte
Stats: 188/118
WOE: Atkins maintenance
Start Date: 01/03/09
Quote:
But for some reason, this WOE is equated with going on WW or one of the other "diets" that is considered a short term "fix" to drop a few pounds. Once you've "lost the weight," you can relax and eat like a normal person again, so it goes.
I don't think Weight Watchers deserves to be put in the same category as quick fix crash diets. That's really not true or fair.
peanutte is offline   Reply With Quote