Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Things are looking up!

So, a bunch of things have changed about my weight loss in the past couple of days.

My stall FINALLY broke. I've been stuck at 164 for SIX WEEKS. I don't know what did it really, except that I ate a piece of cake, french fries, and mashed potatoes on Halloween. My calorie count was still low for the day, but I decided to indulge a little. It felt good to eat potatoes again, but I my cravings were a lot stronger the next day than they usually are. My weight went up from 164 to 167 (which has been pretty normal on this stall to go up for 1 day and then loose the excess) on Saturday morning, but after drinking a ton of water and not indugling at all, my weight went back down on Monday morning to 163!!! And then again today it was 163!!! Maybe there really is something to having a mild "cheat day" to break a stall? I know it wasnt exercise, because I never exercise.

So this might be too much information, but today and yesterday I also had solid, large stool for the first time since i started low carb. Usually on this diet, I probably go #2 once every two days, and it is not solid and not a huge amount. Yesterday and today's stool was reminiscent of past stool when I didnt do LC. Maybe my body is finally adjusting to LC and I will start to lose weight on a normal time frame without long stalls in between? I hope so.
ellen-couture-girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eagle eye
WOE: Low Carb
yes that was tmi
Congratulations on breaking your stall
eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: winefairy
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen-couture-girl View Post

Maybe there really is something to having a mild "cheat day" to break a stall? .
I have definitely found some truth to this. Though I tend to continue the cheat beyond this and have had some not so great consequences.
winefairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinmarie
Stats: 137/118/ 110
WOE: Modified Atkins/ vlc/frankenfood free
Start Date: last start 8/11, restart 7/28/13
I think there may be, after treat meals I have seen losses but as I just posted its a slippery slope from mild cheat day to every day indulgence! Everyone has different tolerance but I would warn to proceed cautiously !
erinmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinmarie View Post
I think there may be, after treat meals I have seen losses but as I just posted its a slippery slope from mild cheat day to every day indulgence! Everyone has different tolerance but I would warn to proceed cautiously !
Not to worry, I have NO INTENTION of cheating like that every week. Maybe once a month, especially during the holiday season now that there are big holidays for the next two months.

I also feel like my current stall break has something to do with my period as well (another TMI! ) in that I just started today and the previous 2 days were when my stall broke. I think it would be wise for me to mark in my weight loss chart (yes, I have a chart) the days my period starts and ends. Anyone else notice a difference in weight loss during menstruation?
ellen-couture-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
My weight stalls when I ovulate and during the week leading up to my period. Then it plateaus and I shed several pounds as my cycle completes. How's that for tmi?
Arctic_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote