Old 11-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cudabear
Stats: 168/151/140 - 5'4
WOE: 4:3 - Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: Sept 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerAnn View Post
They already have eggnog at the store. Eggnog makes me weak in the knees. It is god's sweet sweet nectar of pure undying love. I need a cold shower now.
Even worse - I mix mine with Baileys!! Or at least I used to..
Cudabear is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerAnn View Post
They already have eggnog at the store. Eggnog makes me weak in the knees. It is god's sweet sweet nectar of pure undying love. I need a cold shower now.
My grocery store carries SUGAR COOKIE and PUMPKIN FLAVORED egg nog. Yes. And it's delectible in coffee.

LadyKT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Foreverbmw
I started Atkins in April, and I really planned on only doing the 2 week induction to get my mom off my back and tell her that I tried it. (I was currently calorie counting) After the first 2 weeks I was hooked! I felt SO much better than I ever did while calorie counting. I really consider this WOE to be my lifestyle now, and so on holidays I plan to eat more like I will on maintenance then on days when I'm trying to loose. Currently I keep my carbs at 25-30 Net. For the holidays I may eat a few more, but I will make sure to keep it below 50. My brain likes Ketosis I will try to make sure I have some low-carb treats in the house to help if I get the urge.
Foreverbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Just Russ
Stats: Restart 7.2.14 * 249#
WOE: Atkins 72, controlled portions
Start Date: Original start 2000, 252/168
I will stay on plan as closely as possible. It is hard with all the high carbs & sugars that taste so good. Anything smooshed is suspect for added sugars... I hope there's some veggies or I'll bring a side salad for myself. There will be meat enough. I wonder if I could find one LC veggie to get a family member to prepare?
Just Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverbmw View Post
I started Atkins in April, and I really planned on only doing the 2 week induction to get my mom off my back and tell her that I tried it. (I was currently calorie counting) After the first 2 weeks I was hooked! I felt SO much better than I ever did while calorie counting. I really consider this WOE to be my lifestyle now, and so on holidays I plan to eat more like I will on maintenance then on days when I'm trying to loose. Currently I keep my carbs at 25-30 Net. For the holidays I may eat a few more, but I will make sure to keep it below 50. My brain likes Ketosis I will try to make sure I have some low-carb treats in the house to help if I get the urge.
My brain likes ketosis too. Congratulations on making this your lifestyle!
Bobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:13 AM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sigmun
Low Carb eggnog......eggs, almond milk, stevia, vanilla, nutmeg ...blend well and chill; I had one for breakfast yesterday. Yum
sigmun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:48 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
I didn't read through all the posts, but one of my favorite ways to make a eggnoggy (is that a word? lol) drink is HWC, vodka and a splash of SF chocolate Davinci syrup. Heaven. A little goes a loooooong way.
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:05 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sports_mom View Post
I didn't read through all the posts, but one of my favorite ways to make a eggnoggy (is that a word? lol) drink is HWC, vodka and a splash of SF chocolate Davinci syrup. Heaven. A little goes a loooooong way.
One day at cocktail hour, when I was feeling really hungry and knew dinner wouldn't be ready for quite some time, I tried adding a TBS of HWC to my bourbon. It tasted so wonderful and filling and soothing. Definitely quelled my hunger pangs! It's obviously too caloric to drink very often but I'm keeping it in mind for another day when I may need a special treat.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
My cheat is going to be the fact that I am not going to actually track my carbs/calories for the day. I will eat turkey, brussel sprouts, deviled eggs, seven layer salad, and I am planning on making some type of LC dessert. It will feel special just not worrying about it for one day. I don't have plans to eat potatoes, dressing, Mac n cheese....you get my point.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote