Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 05:12 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 3kidsandasheltie
Stats: 230(highest)/110/110
WOE: low carb
effects of steriod shots and antibiotics......

Finally drug myself to the dr, I have a severe sinus infection which has made its way into my teeth and ears. I am loads of pain the dr gave a steroid shot and 3 weeks worth of antibiotics, with an addtional refill if it is not completely gone in three weeks.

So should I expect some water weight gain? This will be first time I have ever been on meds like this since starting low carb. I have not even been sick in the last three years with the exception of minor cold.
3kidsandasheltie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/294/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
I've had a severe and systemic sinus infection since late December, been on countless rounds of oral and IV antibiotics, antifungals, and steroids, and had two surgeries. I've managed to lose 60 pounds during that time.

Yes, I had water retention issues at times, but it was just water. I kept eating as I was supposed to, drank plenty of water (more with the steroids especially), and it usually resolved.

I wish you good luck!
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
Be sure and take a good probiotic too. I'd follow Ntombi's advice, plenty of water and stay on plan. I've seen people ballon up and it not come right back off with steroids... Hope you feel better soon!
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Just Russ
Stats: Restart 2.1.14 * 244#/234# 2.23.14
WOE: Carb Adicted: Atkins 72, measured portions
Start Date: Original start 2000, 252/168
Compliment your Antibiotics by using a nettie pot, warm water & saline to flush the nose & sinuses several times a day. The germs don't like saline so that helps knock the infection down & prevent it's return. I use it 4 times a day when I'm sick & a couple of times if I'm recovering. Don't do it the last hour before bed because it loosens the crap up & you don't want to deal with it when you lay down.
I stayed on LC through illnesses & IV steriods. I knew my portion sizes & pretty much stayed with that. I did not get weighed but a few days after, I was still on track & fine.

"NO, I CAN'T EAT JUST ONE!"

Multiple Sclerosis Dx 2001 after years of mis-dx & vague symptoms *a lot of meds* now SP * Able to stand & shuffle a few steps with support: does not = meaningful exercise. Harder to do by just WOE.
Just Russ is offline   Reply With Quote