Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paid4c4
Turning into an Egg Head!

Seems as though one of the best low carb foods around are eggs. You can scramble, fry, boil and make omelets out of them. Egg Beaters are even better as they don't have fat, cholesterol and no appreciable carbs. I always lose weight when I eat eggs. Anybody else eating eggs on a regular basis? How do you keep from getting tired of eggs?
Bill
paid4c4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jenn11
WOE: Protein Power +1 meal/day
I like the brown organic eggs boiled medium best. However, I usually eat them fried on coconut oil an egg a day, because sadly that is the only way I can stomach the tablespoon of coconut oil I try to ingest for health purposes.

If I want to mix it up I'll add some salsa, sour cream that sort of thing.
Jenn11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Just Russ
Stats: Restart 2.1.14 * 244#/234# 2.23.14
WOE: Carb Adicted: Atkins 72, measured portions
Start Date: Original start 2000, 252/168
Ditto: Egg Head. I'd have trouble doing breakfasts w/o eggs. Scrambled, fried (after bacon or sausage, pouring off excess fat, still enough for my eggs), omelets, hard boiled.

I buy preboiled eggs at WM for snacking. I've eaten a lot of eggs since 2000... lost count... I vary the accompaniment...

I'll let you know.
Just Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: limetwist
Stats: [5'8"] 230/IT IS A MYSTERY/135ish
WOE: Low carb - Intermittent fasting
Start Date: 01/2011, got lazy/married, rebooting FOR REAL 2014
Scrambled eggs + pesto + mozzarella cheese. <3 I've been super into that lately.

You could also try making a frittata out of eggs, cream/half-and-half/almond milk etc., and the vegetables that are starting to go bad in the fridge. Also a great vehicle for literally ANY meat.
limetwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:40 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sarahatl
WOE: No Flour No Sugar
Start Date: May 2013
I have been eating eggs every day for breakfast as well. Should this affect my cholesterol I wonder? I was using the egg beaters until I looked at the ingredients list and it was a mile long! I really like to eat foods that in their natural state.
sarahatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post
Seems as though one of the best low carb foods around are eggs. You can scramble, fry, boil and make omelets out of them. Egg Beaters are even better as they don't have fat, cholesterol and no appreciable carbs. I always lose weight when I eat eggs. Anybody else eating eggs on a regular basis? How do you keep from getting tired of eggs?
Bill
The bolded part is where I am confused...if you are low carb you want the fat so that you feel sated and dont get too much protein compqred to your fat. Too much protein in the body is converted to glucose which can inhibit weight loss.

I agree with the rest of the post, being that eggs are one of the most perfect foods around.
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kay9
Stats: 432/256/200
WOE: Atkins Extended Induction
Start Date: August 27th 2013
Yep Eggs is a big staple for me. Normally have 2-3 a day but might have more on weekends (had 10 yesterday lol)
kay9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: createart
Stats: 22/20. 18. 12/10
WOE: Low Carb my way
Start Date: January 1, 2004 / October 21, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lterry913 View Post
The bolded part is where I am confused...if you are low carb you want the fat so that you feel sated and dont get too much protein compqred to your fat. Too much protein in the body is converted to glucose which can inhibit weight loss.

I agree with the rest of the post, being that eggs are one of the most perfect foods around.
Count me as confused as well.
createart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paid4c4
I understand about the fat and protein, however I have a cholesterol problem and feel the trade off from eggs to egg beaters is OK. My blood sugar remains within the margins given me by my dr with the aid of metformin and alogliptin. I'm losing weight at an acceptable rate and feel good. I still eat eggs instead of egg beaters just not all the time. Thanks for the responses to my question as it provides food for thought, no pun intended.
Bill
paid4c4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
Hi Bill, well, whole eggs are healthier. Your body makes cholesterol any way. There are some really good books about the cholesterol myth. But, I usually have a couple of eggs in the morning, my new favorite is adding some leftover chili, jalape˝os and a little cheese. Haven't gotten tired of that yet!

Good for you though for getting healthier!
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: seaofsand
Stats: 236/215/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 2014
I love eggs, and eat them almost daily. I make a lot of cheese omelets with various fillings. That's one of my favorite dinners. My favorite snack is deviled eggs. I perfected my deviled egg recipe recently for a friend's Halloween party, and I'm planning on making a big batch of them tomorrow for myself. I don't have a real recipe, though. I just kept adding mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and dill relish until the filling tasted just right. Those deviled eggs were the best. I love eggs!
seaofsand is offline   Reply With Quote