Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Turning into an Egg Head! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/816433-turning-into-egg-head.html)

paid4c4 11-02-2013 02:59 PM

Turning into an Egg Head!

Seems as though one of the best low carb foods around are eggs. You can scramble, fry, boil and make omelets out of them. Egg Beaters are even better as they don't have fat, cholesterol and no appreciable carbs. I always lose weight when I eat eggs. Anybody else eating eggs on a regular basis? How do you keep from getting tired of eggs?
Bill

Jenn11 11-02-2013 04:13 PM

I like the brown organic eggs boiled medium best. However, I usually eat them fried on coconut oil an egg a day, because sadly that is the only way I can stomach the tablespoon of coconut oil I try to ingest for health purposes.

If I want to mix it up I'll add some salsa, sour cream that sort of thing.

Just Russ 11-02-2013 04:16 PM

Ditto: Egg Head. I'd have trouble doing breakfasts w/o eggs. Scrambled, fried (after bacon or sausage, pouring off excess fat, still enough for my eggs), omelets, hard boiled.

I buy preboiled eggs at WM for snacking. I've eaten a lot of eggs since 2000... lost count... I vary the accompaniment...

I'll let you know.

limetwist 11-02-2013 04:17 PM

Scrambled eggs + pesto + mozzarella cheese. <3 I've been super into that lately.

You could also try making a frittata out of eggs, cream/half-and-half/almond milk etc., and the vegetables that are starting to go bad in the fridge. Also a great vehicle for literally ANY meat.

sarahatl 11-03-2013 04:40 AM

I have been eating eggs every day for breakfast as well. Should this affect my cholesterol I wonder? I was using the egg beaters until I looked at the ingredients list and it was a mile long! I really like to eat foods that in their natural state.

lterry913 11-03-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paid4c4 (Post 16668316)
Seems as though one of the best low carb foods around are eggs. You can scramble, fry, boil and make omelets out of them. Egg Beaters are even better as they don't have fat, cholesterol and no appreciable carbs. I always lose weight when I eat eggs. Anybody else eating eggs on a regular basis? How do you keep from getting tired of eggs?
Bill

The bolded part is where I am confused...if you are low carb you want the fat so that you feel sated and dont get too much protein compqred to your fat. Too much protein in the body is converted to glucose which can inhibit weight loss.

I agree with the rest of the post, being that eggs are one of the most perfect foods around.

kay9 11-03-2013 08:21 AM

Yep Eggs is a big staple for me. Normally have 2-3 a day but might have more on weekends (had 10 yesterday lol)

createart 11-03-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lterry913 (Post 16668901)
The bolded part is where I am confused...if you are low carb you want the fat so that you feel sated and dont get too much protein compqred to your fat. Too much protein in the body is converted to glucose which can inhibit weight loss.

I agree with the rest of the post, being that eggs are one of the most perfect foods around.

Count me as confused as well. :dunno:

paid4c4 11-03-2013 10:03 AM

I understand about the fat and protein, however I have a cholesterol problem and feel the trade off from eggs to egg beaters is OK. My blood sugar remains within the margins given me by my dr with the aid of metformin and alogliptin. I'm losing weight at an acceptable rate and feel good. I still eat eggs instead of egg beaters just not all the time. Thanks for the responses to my question as it provides food for thought, no pun intended.
Bill:)

snowangel9 11-03-2013 11:20 AM

Hi Bill, well, whole eggs are healthier. Your body makes cholesterol any way. There are some really good books about the cholesterol myth. But, I usually have a couple of eggs in the morning, my new favorite is adding some leftover chili, jalapeņos and a little cheese. Haven't gotten tired of that yet!

Good for you though for getting healthier!

seaofsand 11-03-2013 08:37 PM

I love eggs, and eat them almost daily. I make a lot of cheese omelets with various fillings. That's one of my favorite dinners. My favorite snack is deviled eggs. I perfected my deviled egg recipe recently for a friend's Halloween party, and I'm planning on making a big batch of them tomorrow for myself. I don't have a real recipe, though. I just kept adding mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and dill relish until the filling tasted just right. Those deviled eggs were the best. I love eggs!