Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 07:36 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oreo2
WOE: lc
I don't test my blood sugar but I do use key-tone test strips. I remain in ketosis. I love the Love The Taste line. Not a fan of the GlBC bagels. I seemed to chew too long and the taste was like soy (the everything bagel wasn't as bad). I like to cover my bagels in cream cheese and microwave long enough to melt the cheese. Not only were the taste line palatable, they were very good. Please don't tell me they aren't lc!!!!
oreo2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2014, 07:59 PM   #182
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Denise78
Stats: -85
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo2 View Post
I don't test my blood sugar but I do use key-tone test strips. I remain in ketosis. I love the Love The Taste line. Not a fan of the GlBC bagels. I seemed to chew too long and the taste was like soy (the everything bagel wasn't as bad). I like to cover my bagels in cream cheese and microwave long enough to melt the cheese. Not only were the taste line palatable, they were very good. Please don't tell me they aren't lc!!!!
Well, they don't seem to be low carb for me. My sugar levels raised as if I had eaten a regular bagel.
Denise78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:03 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: whoknew
WOE: SyndromeX
Start Date: June 2007
My blood sugar went up with the bagels and burger buns, but not as much as yours. However, the bread slices don't bother me, but I do put those in the microwave to thaw them about 15 seconds and slice them to make 2 thin thin slices. I use 2 slices to make 2 sandwiches. dianne
whoknew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:49 AM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shunsweets
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2003
I am diabetic and do test my bgs. I can eat 1 slice of the bread or 1/2 a bagel with only a ten point increase in bg. My bg often goes up with a higher protein meal - maybe that was part of the problem? Or maybe try 1/2 bagel? Now I only use the bread as that works for me so long as I stick to 1 slice.
shunsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:41 AM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunsweets View Post
I am diabetic and do test my bgs. I can eat 1 slice of the bread or 1/2 a bagel with only a ten point increase in bg. My bg often goes up with a higher protein meal - maybe that was part of the problem? Or maybe try 1/2 bagel? Now I only use the bread as that works for me so long as I stick to 1 slice.
I will try 1/2 another time. I read most of this thread before I ordered them but now I see some recent posts from others who had their sugar levels raise. Wish I had waited longer to order them. This seems like another "Dreamfields" where they claim to be really low carb, but truly aren't.

My blood sugar levels never go up with high protein. Only high carb.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:03 AM   #186
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
I'm sorry you are having that experience Denise. I, however, do not think it's the same as Deamfields. I can not eat Dreamfields and lose weight. I don't test my BG, but I've been doing this so darn long, I can tell how foods effect me.

I did order a lot of the GLCBC products, and continuously lost weight with no problem while eating it, which was very shocking for me.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:35 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by millergirl1976 View Post
I continue to check my TJs for that bread.... Still can't find it.
I couldn't find it at the 2 TJ's near me either!
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:47 AM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
I'm sorry you are having that experience Denise. I, however, do not think it's the same as Deamfields. I can not eat Dreamfields and lose weight. I don't test my BG, but I've been doing this so darn long, I can tell how foods effect me.

I did order a lot of the GLCBC products, and continuously lost weight with no problem while eating it, which was very shocking for me.
Losing weight is not my big issue with this product. I am Diabetic and if it raises my sugars that high, it's not low carb IMO. Those people who don't have Diabetes might be able to eat it with no problems, but my glucometer proves to me it just isn't something I can eat, unfortunately.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:24 AM   #189
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise78 View Post
Losing weight is not my big issue with this product. I am Diabetic and if it raises my sugars that high, it's not low carb IMO. Those people who don't have Diabetes might be able to eat it with no problems, but my glucometer proves to me it just isn't something I can eat, unfortunately.
I wasn't saying it was, I was just pointing out a different outcome in comparing dreamfields and this because I'm very sensitive to dreamfields.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:27 AM   #190
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LCKCMO
Quote:
I've been type 2 for 10 years and these do not raise my blood sugar at all with a whole bagel or two slices of bread. You may be a lot more insulin resistant than other people. I have a good friend who can't have any low carb food products because he'll get a glucose spike but I can have those same foods and not have any trouble. YMMV is what I think and if they don't work well for you that doesn't necessarily mean they won't work well for a lot of other people. Lumping them together with scamfields pasta goes a little far IMO.
LCKCMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:32 AM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCKCMO View Post
I've been type 2 for 10 years and these do not raise my blood sugar at all with a whole bagel or two slices of bread. You may be a lot more insulin resistant than other people. I have a good friend who can't have any low carb food products because he'll get a glucose spike but I can have those same foods and not have any trouble. YMMV is what I think and if they don't work well for you that doesn't necessarily mean they won't work well for a lot of other people. Lumping them together with scamfields pasta goes a little far IMO.
Oh gosh, I wasn't lumping them together that way. I meant a lot of people thought Dreamfields were low carb when in reality, they weren't. Period. I eat many low carb products with no problem whatsoever. I am not the only one here that it caused blood sugars to raise, so it is not only me. Glad they don't raise your sugars though.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:53 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ncgirl
Quote:
Oh gosh, I wasn't lumping them together that way. I meant a lot of people thought Dreamfields were low carb when in reality, they weren't. Period. I eat many low carb products with no problem whatsoever. I am not the only one here that it caused blood sugars to raise, so it is not only me. Glad they don't raise your sugars though.
Has anyone notified the company? I'd be curious as to their response - their website indicates it's been lab tested, but as noted, an identical product may impact individuals in very different ways!
Sorry it didn't work out for you (and that you have to deal with diabetes! My best friend is a Type 1).
ncgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:24 PM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncgirl View Post
Has anyone notified the company? I'd be curious as to their response - their website indicates it's been lab tested, but as noted, an identical product may impact individuals in very different ways!
Sorry it didn't work out for you (and that you have to deal with diabetes! My best friend is a Type 1).
I haven't notified anyone. I thought maybe it was just a fluke with me, so I had another bagel today. My sugar levels were 90 before I ate the sesame bagel and 202 two hours later. So, not a fluke. Darnit. I really love bagels and I thought these were really tasty. Oh well. Not the end of the world if I can't have a bagel.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:37 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ncgirl
Well, if anyone does let them know, please do post your response! I use the Thinslim bagels....and it might be the end of my world if I couldn't have those!
ncgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:06 PM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/177/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Quote:
I continue to check my TJs for that bread.... Still can't find it. I just ordered the bagels, and I am passionate about that hollandaise, I can't wait for an Eggs Benedict!
Hey miller girl---I think TJ uses regional bakers like most grocery stores, and your area just may not have access to them. But it wouldn't hurt to talk to the store MGR and ask him about the Sprouted Wheat 4NCs bread that's available in the Twin Cities. If they know there's a demand, they might make it happen. That bread is always almost out at my TJs.

Also, do try the GLCBC onion pockets, which is what I do my Eggs Benny on---I think they're better than the bagels!
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 166.6/148.0/135<- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 3/31/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Hey miller girl---I think TJ uses regional bakers like most grocery stores, and your area just may not have access to them. But it wouldn't hurt to talk to the store MGR and ask him about the Sprouted Wheat 4NCs bread that's available in the Twin Cities. If they know there's a demand, they might make it happen. That bread is always almost out at my TJs.

Also, do try the GLCBC onion pockets, which is what I do my Eggs Benny on---I think they're better than the bagels!
I will take both of those suggestions, thank you! I am loving the bagels. I had a hard workout this morning at the gym, and breakfast was an everything bagel with cream cheese. Hit the spot!
millergirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:02 PM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/177/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Quote:
I will take both of those suggestions, thank you! I am loving the bagels. I had a hard workout this morning at the gym, and breakfast was an everything bagel with cream cheese. Hit the spot!
And isn't is amazing how filling these GLCBC products are? I think it's all the extra fiber. Because I could easily polish off a couple of bagels in my high carb days. But now, I find one bagel or in my case, one onion pocket, does the trick and I'm done. (I liked the GLCBC bagels, but I LOVE the onion pockets, and at these prices I've narrowed it down to what I love, and just do the onion pockets.)
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:43 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
I ordered more bagels....they taste great...I get no blood sugar spike...doesn't complicate my wol....keeps my DH going...its all good....I am still looking for Trader Joe's bread...
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote