Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2014, 06:45 PM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Thank you so much, Blue! Going to look at their website now.

Last edited by Tweaker Geek; 02-27-2014 at 06:48 PM..
Tweaker Geek is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2014, 06:48 PM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by millergirl1976 View Post
So they must be back in stock? Yeah! I cant wait to try those bagels.
The Everything Bagels and Multi-grain Bagels are out of stock.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:45 AM   #123
Administrator

Gallery: Kathy
Netrition already carries the Squares under the ThinSlim Foods brand.
ThinSlim Foods Squares

Both of these brands (ThinSlim Foods and Great Low Carb Bread Company) carry the same products, made by the same bakery, with different brand labels. Originally, the idea was that ThinSlim Foods would be marketed on the East Coast and Great Low Carb Breads would be marketed on the West Coast. But online consumers became aware of both brands and thus Netrition carries both brands. However, due to the extremely short shelf life on the brownies, muffins and squares, we are only going to carry the Squares in the ThinSlim Foods brand to keep them turning over very fast and thus fresher.
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:01 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paynts
Stats: 229/198/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb. 15 2014
Just received my first Netrition "bread" order. Got the cinnamon Low Carb,onion pockets and some varying wraps. I am so excited!
I took a tiny bite of the cinnamon bread and OMG it was delicious. It even has the texture of real bread!
Too bad the UPS guy came after lunch. Eagerly awaiting dinner.
paynts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:13 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
Netrition already carries the Squares under the ThinSlim Foods brand.
ThinSlim Foods Squares

Both of these brands (ThinSlim Foods and Great Low Carb Bread Company) carry the same products, made by the same bakery, with different brand labels. Originally, the idea was that ThinSlim Foods would be marketed on the East Coast and Great Low Carb Breads would be marketed on the West Coast. But online consumers became aware of both brands and thus Netrition carries both brands. However, due to the extremely short shelf life on the brownies, muffins and squares, we are only going to carry the Squares in the ThinSlim Foods brand to keep them turning over very fast and thus fresher.
Thank you for this information! I think it is highly likely I will be placing another Netrition order this weekend!
Mistizoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:16 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ncgirl
I think the Thinslim brand uses olive oil instead of soybean oil, so there may be a slight difference between the two (I know some people pay a lot of attention to soy - seen some intense debates on that one!).
The squares are definitely worth trying - I've had the chocolate and peanut butter, and love them both. Of course, as I think I mentioned, I'm a sucker for anything chocolate
ncgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:23 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/177/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncgirl View Post
I think the Thinslim brand uses olive oil instead of soybean oil, so there may be a slight difference between the two (I know some people pay a lot of attention to soy - seen some intense debates on that one!).
The squares are definitely worth trying - I've had the chocolate and peanut butter, and love them both. Of course, as I think I mentioned, I'm a sucker for anything chocolate
Yes. It would be interesting to know if in fact, both brands are the same in terms of ingredients. I was surprised to hear from Kathy that they are the same bakery, and for me, I'm not concerned about the small amounts of soy that work their way into my diet.

But like you said ncgirl, it is important info for others. For me, I would gladly and more happily order my lemon squares from Netrition. First because they sponsor this blog so many of us value, and because my experience w/them has been excellent, not to mention the shipping is less.

I guess I just need to know that ThinSlim lemon bars are the same as I order through GLCBC. Think I heard this from Kathy, but not sure.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:25 AM   #128
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LCKCMO
GLCBC products

Hello all, I'm new to Lc friends even though I've been reading posts for the last few years. I've been ordering the GLCBC bread and bagels for the last few months from netrition and I love them. I tried the thinslim bread and bagels a few weeks ago and while they're fine, I don't like them quite as much as glcbc products. They seem to have more flavor than TS. As far as I can tell the ingredients look about the same but GLBC has slightly more calories so maybe that's the difference in taste. I called the manufacture yesterday to find out if indeed the same bakery makes both products and they said they have similar ingredients but no. They said that they switched from soy bean oil to olive oil a few months back but the new labels are still slowly being rolled out to reflect the ingredient change. If you take a look at the manufacturers website the have like 50 odd products that are quite interesting including paleo muffins etc. Has anyone tried any of their products that netrition doesn't carry? I received an order of the new crackers on Thursday and while a little dry, have a great flavor and crunch. I made a LC soup that I crumbled a few over and was excellent but still a little pricey.
LCKCMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:03 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dunginhawk
So as some know I just got my first shipment in this week.
Ive had 5 of the bagels now.
2 Wednesday, 2 Thursday, 1 Friday, with lots of cream cheese..All while in the hospital
I went in at 201.4 and when I got home yesterday (Tuesday admitted, Friday discharged) I was at 196.8. So 5 bagels in that time frame + omelets etch and I still lost 5 lbs. So I definitely don't see any impact on blood sugar.
Another way I know, is if I eat too many carbs before the evening, I will have acid reflux all night . NOne of that either.
LOVE THIS STUFF>
dunginhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:16 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronnie51
I've been buying the ThinSlim bagels for the past few months. ThinSlim used to make only the "Love your Waist" bagels which were just okay tasting, but very low carb. Then they came out with an additional line called "Love the Taste" bagels (and breads and rolls) which had slightly more calories, but very low carb and tasted much much better than the Love Your Waist line. I now only buy the Love the Taste line; love them even not toasted, and they don't spike my BS. The label even says, "Guaranteed not to spike your blood sugar". This store used to sell the Julian and Carb Kruncher line which had a terrible impact on my blood sugar. They were exposed for lying on their labels so the store stopped carrying them. Julian changed their recipe and the new line has a bad taste, but at least they're not lying anymore. No reason to use anything else but ThinSlim. There's another line that will not raise your BS called "Health Wise", but they don't taste nearly as good as the ThinSlim line. It's nice to be able to eat sandwiches and toast again. :
Ronnie51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

I also just made pizza hoagies.
No mystery there. took the hot dog bun, sliced it.
Garlic salt, little butter, then sauce, diced ham, and cheese, under the broiler.
Not amazing, but very filling and certainly worth it. total 6 carbs
Old 03-01-2014, 05:50 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ncgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCKCMO View Post
Has anyone tried any of their products that netrition doesn't carry?
I like the thinslim cookies - I'm not sure they'd qualify of what I think of immediately as a 'cookie', but they are more like what I would think of as a 'cakie' - sort of a cookie-crust outer layer with a thick, softer inner core. Sorry I can't think of a better description! I've found that I'm partial to the cinnamon flavor, but I love cinnamon....<and chocolate >
ncgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:12 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
So as some know I just got my first shipment in this week.
Ive had 5 of the bagels now.
2 Wednesday, 2 Thursday, 1 Friday, with lots of cream cheese..All while in the hospital
I went in at 201.4 and when I got home yesterday (Tuesday admitted, Friday discharged) I was at 196.8. So 5 bagels in that time frame + omelets etch and I still lost 5 lbs. So I definitely don't see any impact on blood sugar.
Another way I know, is if I eat too many carbs before the evening, I will have acid reflux all night . NOne of that either.
LOVE THIS STUFF>
Wow great results eating a bunch of the bagels. glad you mentioned this. means I will try eating a bit more of the breads and see how I do.
Trigger828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:57 PM   #134
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Starbucks

I had a bagel today and it spiked my blood sugar a lot. I try to keep my levels under 140. Normally if I eat 4-5 carbs, my blood sugar is in the 120 range or less. This bagel spiked me to 141.
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:40 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paid4c4
I've tried about all the bread products offered by the Low Carb Bread Company and have liked them all. Having LC bread has gone a long way toward me being able to stay with the LCLS. Order the bread thru Netrition.com, it doesn't get much easier.
Bill
paid4c4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:38 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gabby1
Stats: 220/192/170 5'9" 47yo
WOE: Gentle Low Carb
Start Date: 6/22/2012
Thanks for all this info everyone- just ordered the everything bagels, cinnamon bread and sandwich buns. I am really looking forward to making French toast out of the bread, having a serious cheeseburger, and having a bagel w cream cheese for breakfast.
High hopes!
Gabby
Gabby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:50 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronnie51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post

I had a bagel today and it spiked my blood sugar a lot. I try to keep my levels under 140. Normally if I eat 4-5 carbs, my blood sugar is in the 120 range or less. This bagel spiked me to 141.
Starbucks, do you know what your blood sugar was before you ate the bagel?
Ronnie51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:02 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Netritian is out of most of the bread/bagels.
LowCarbedD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:27 AM   #139
Administrator

Gallery: Kathy
Great Low CarbBread Company
There are still several flavors of bread/bagels in stock. The five flavors that are currently out of stock are expected to be available March 11. You can sign up to be notified when the products are in stock by clicking on the link that says "Notify me when this product is available"
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:12 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angeloco
Stats: 135/126/120
WOE: LC
Start Date: September 2011
I love all their products. I have to stop myself from eating more than one serving a day. I made a faux pizza out of their bagels today. It was so good. I prefer to barely microwave them or barely toast them for the best texture. It is frustrating that they are out of stock so often though. I can only freeze so many at a time. Lol
Angeloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:08 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

SO I just got a huge shipment in today.
2 loaves of sesame seed bread
2 loaves of cinnamon bread
Sesame Bagels
Cinamon bagels
Onion Pockets
Bread Crumbs

I just had a turkey and swiss on the sesame bread and it was FANTASTIC. I mean REALLY REALLY good. not toasted either.
im in love

I also tried a few slices of the cinnamon bread, and I don't like it quite as much. Its not very cinamony , and is much denser/chewier than I would like. The French toast I made with it was edible, but not fantastic. I think ill stick to the sesame bread.

Ill post more reviews as I eat this stuff, which im going to, in droves haha
Old 03-06-2014, 01:36 PM   #142
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
That's funny, I don't like the Sesame bread as much as the Plain. I tried the Sesame last night and I don't care for the flavor as much. Don't get me wrong, still fantastic, but I would probably just order 2X Plain instead of Sesame at all.

I have the cinnamon bread as well but haven't tasted it yet.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just received a Netrition order today that included a bag of dinner rolls. The first bag I got had rolls the size and shape of a crusty dinner roll; these today are much larger, more the size of a hamburger bun or sandwich roll. Anyone else had that happen? I don't know if they just put this batch of rolls in the wrong bag or the first ones were a fluke. Either way I like them very much but I don't need to take up extra freezer space for extra bags if they are one and the same.

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!
Old 03-06-2014, 04:22 PM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/177/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Been keeping an eye on this thread. And I just have to put in another vote for the onion pockets, which are becoming my faves, even over the bagels. One makes a terrific sandwich, or two open faced sandwiches. W/out the hole in the middle bagel, they are better for this, imo.

Also, gotta say, the GLCBC Lemon squares fried up in a bit of butter and topped w/whatever you want, from whipped cream to berries or nuts, are imo, excellent when you just need a dessert.

I am still eating my GLCBC faves only as much as I've eaten my other fave, Trader Joe's 4 NCs sprouted wheat bread, all along on this woe---which is 3 or 4 times a week, meaning one serving 3 to 4 times a week. And you know, that's enough for me, no urge to binge on any of it. They're good, but thankfully for me at least, not too good. The perfect sub, imo.
Blue Skies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:25 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mulberry
WOE: 8 Hour Diet / low carb
Start Date: January 2014
Great Low Carb Bread

Well I received my order of the Great Low Carb Bread....cinnamon bagels and plain rolls and, sorry to say, I didn't really care for them that much. Just had a slightly funny taste But that's ok....at least I got to try it. I am going to make some oopsie rolls and see if I might like them better as a bread substitute.
mulberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:32 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

So I went up a lb last night. I had to cook beef burgundy for my wifes sisters BDay, well I ate the meat (and some of my LC pasta, which was awful) but I think the meat because of the wine etc had a bit too many carbs. Or its just a fluctuation in water weight.
Either way, I know when I ate a lot of bagels, I lost. They are so fiberous, that I noticed, if you know what I mean. I need a cleanse like that.
So im going to eat bread, bagels, onion pockets, along with a fat bomb, and some eggs for a few days and see what happens.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:48 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
I just made an order also.

1 plain bagels
2 everything bagels
1 rye bread (I LOVE LOVE the rye)
1 hamburger roll (want to try these, hope they suit me)

and ment to do the onion pockets but checked out and then thought, oh crappola, HOW COULD I miss those? ugh....next order I will be getting some.

I am a fan. point blank. anything that makes me lose weight and I can 'hold' my meal like I want to sometimes is FAB!

Last edited by Trigger828; 03-07-2014 at 07:49 AM..
Trigger828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:15 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

I think they are great because they are not only REAL low carb, not a true net carb food due to sugar alchohols or the like, but they are REAL low carb by nature of vital wheat gluten as the main ingredient. Plus they are super high in fiber, which never hurts to keep things moving along nicely, which is a major issue with low carb to begin with
Old 03-07-2014, 08:35 AM   #149
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulberry View Post
Well I received my order of the Great Low Carb Bread....cinnamon bagels and plain rolls and, sorry to say, I didn't really care for them that much. Just had a slightly funny taste But that's ok....at least I got to try it. I am going to make some oopsie rolls and see if I might like them better as a bread substitute.
How long have you been LC? Just asking because I noticed a good chunk of the people saying they love it are very long time low carbers.

I'm down to my low after the holiday gain and I ate a loaf and a half of bread and a bag of onion rolls in a week and a half.

Just sayin....

And I've only been to the gym once. Shame on me.

DF had some of the sesame bread last night with some Whoppers from BK and he said it was really good. Except when he got to the bread it was down to the end so he got the baby pieces
Old 03-07-2014, 09:17 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

The bread is all baby pieces haha.. but it helps with portion control for sure.
Its crazy to think back in my hayday (like 2 months ago ) I could easily have a 12 inch sub, bag of chips, cookie and large drink and not be ultimately full.
Yesterday I had a sandwich on this bread, and 2 hardboiled eggs and was perfect satiated.

Back on the GLCBC. How much fiber is too much fiber? I had that bagel this morning, and like clockwork, 2 hours later, boom. It really plays havoc on me, but that's good yeah?