Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angeloco
Stats: 135/126/120
WOE: LC
Start Date: September 2011
Kudos to Netrition for their immediate response for a problem with my last order of bagels and onion pockets. My favorites.

I ordered them last Wednesday and they arrived yesterday, Monday. One of the onion pocket bags was moldy. I emailed netrition this morning and they credited my credit card right away. Yeah! Very fast response.

When I order anything like this in the future I will order on Monday so it is not delayed by the weekend. I tracked my order and it arrived 30 miles from my house on Friday and was not delivered to my house until Monday afternoon. It was in a UPS warehouse all that time.

Anyway, just wanted everyone to be aware of ordering time frames and also thank Netrition for their usual excellent service and response.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2014, 04:29 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mulberry
WOE: 8 Hour Diet / low carb
Start Date: January 2014
Report on Low Carb Bread Company

I received my order last night (UPS was running VERY late yesterday!) and so this morning was the first chance I had to test. I sliced one of the bagels and toasted just 1/2 =1 net carb. I used cream cheese and 1 tsp. of Polaner Sugar Free Raspberry Jam = 1 net carb. It was delicious. Now this alone will never "hold" me until lunch ....I definitely need eggs, etc. to create that 'no hunger' feeling that I love about LC'ing, but these bagels will be a wonderful "once in a while" treat. I also purchased the buns and will try one tomorrow with a couple of venison hot dogs. That will also be a nice treat.
My goal for now is to work hard to keep my carbs under 30 (yes, I have given up on trying to stay under 20 ); to completely stay away from sugar, bread, pasta,rice,potatoes, and ANYTHING that will mess with my blood sugar/insulin thing. I eat mostly salads with protein for lunch and protein, veg and salad for dinner. I am just going to relax and enjoy whatever low carb substitutions I can make. I DO want this to be a W.O.E. for me and not just a "diet". If I completely give up EVERYTHING that I like, I know it won't be long before I am right off of this. So, I'll accept a slower weight loss if necessary but maybe one that I can tolerate and somewhat enjoy.
Today I am making the cheesecake recipe with the nut crust. Not worrying about artificial sweeteners for now. Too many people have lost lots of weight using them and so, even though I don't doubt that there might be a problem for some, I refuse to believe that it holds true for most. Think I'm better off relaxing a bit (this LC thing and reading some of the posts has me ) I truly believe that if I cut my carbs to 30 (which is probably 200 grams of carbs less that what I normally consume ), I will lose.

Last edited by mulberry; 02-26-2014 at 04:37 AM..
mulberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:38 AM   #93
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Got my shipment about 20 min ago. Love Netrition. I'm at work so I just had some of my Smackaroo crackers with tuna for lunch. Will have to save the bagel for tomorrow.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:53 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carrielyn
Stats: 186/177/140
WOE: SBD
Start Date: restarting 1/18/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Got my shipment about 20 min ago. Love Netrition. I'm at work so I just had some of my Smackaroo crackers with tuna for lunch. Will have to save the bagel for tomorrow.
I found a low carb cracker recipe online that uses no soy, gluten, oil, etc. It is very tasty and, once ingredients are purchased, is probably less than your smackaroo. A very nice person in Europe shared this on another site and I've shared the crackers with several others and we all like it.

I can share if it's allowed.
carrielyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:03 AM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

I've made crackers myself before. I have always loved the Smackaroo ones from Netrition and TBH I don't have time to cook a lot. That's why I like them.

More than welcome to share the recipe, you just can't link it to a site that sells stuff.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
HOLY COW I love the bagels. I have bread again in my life. It is amazing! I got round crackers which look bleck, but will try later. hope they are ok. I got a loaf of rye bread which I will try in the morning. I ate 1/2 decent size everything bagel and it was 1 net carb and it was FABULOUS! OMG I can make a sandwich every now and then. I am very happy, can ya tell?
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:45 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dunginhawk
So I just got my first order of these in yesterday (coincidentally an hour before they arrived my wife went in to labor, so now we are in the hospital). But I had my parents bring my whole grain or whatever they are called bagels.

Toasted one up, cream cheese and butter. I AM IN LOVE.
As far as low carb foods go, I give it a 10/10
As far as real bagel goes 8/10.
I think its that good.

If they truly have that few carbs (which its mostly gluten so its legit IMO) and the glycemic impact is that low, WOW.
I have to think all the people that tested their blood sugars are right. If that's the case, I will be eating this stuff regularly.
dunginhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:59 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ncgirl
Dunginhawk, your post made me laugh! Now, were you trying the GLCB or Thinslims? I think the former, but just wanted to ask!
And CONGRATS!!!
ncgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:16 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

CONGATS on the new baby. Hope all goes well
Old 02-26-2014, 03:56 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Yes glcb. Thanks
Old 02-26-2014, 05:25 PM   #101
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I ordered a loaf of ThinSlim bread today. I'm anxious to try it after the LCBC bread was so good. It sounds like this brand might be a bit softer??? I hope so. I'd like to have a sammie with real tasting/feeling bread w/o having to toast it to enjoy it.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:57 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

well couldn't wait til morning. I toasted the rye. It was GOOD. texture was good and crunchy. didn't try it untoasted, I will later but I love toasted

not the real deal cause I am a rye fan, but it was definitely doable for life for this old gal. 1 nc per slice....my gosh it is on my menu now and forever. small slices tho which is ok.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:53 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

So I know the consensus so far is the carb count is legit, the effect on blood sugar is also legit (low).
I am just curious if people are eating multiples of these per day?
LIke today, since I'm in the hospital and have limited options, I had 2 of the bagels with cream cheese. Total of about 9 carbs in all for both.
And a couple omelets with ham, and a handful of peanuts.
All in all, still under 20 carbs easily, but 4 coming from these bagels.

Given the trials everyone is doing, is this cause for concern? Wont be able to get on the scale until Saturday. However my ketone sticks are still purple.

Thanks
Old 02-26-2014, 08:55 PM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
So I know the consensus so far is the carb count is legit, the effect on blood sugar is also legit (low).
I am just curious if people are eating multiples of these per day?
LIke today, since I'm in the hospital and have limited options, I had 2 of the bagels with cream cheese. Total of about 9 carbs in all for both.
And a couple omelets with ham, and a handful of peanuts.
All in all, still under 20 carbs easily, but 4 coming from these bagels.

Given the trials everyone is doing, is this cause for concern? Wont be able to get on the scale until Saturday. However my ketone sticks are still purple.

Thanks
There have been days that I have two bagels, and it didn't hinder my weight loss for the week.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:10 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

I know they are 'called bagels' , but they are not the old bagels we were eating.

So I hope that they are going to be something we can think of 'as net carbs' and not as a real everyday high carb bagel.

Redeemed, that is so good to hear!!!!

one thing is I will be limiting these products because I don't want to ever go wild again with food and eating too much. I mean, I am lc, controlling what I eat, being responsible and reasonable. I don't want this GLCB to take control of me in any way so I will be definitely handing portion control etc.

but geez, to have this option again in my eating for life is wonderful!

I ate 1/2 bagel last night then very late I had 1 piece toasted rye with butter. I lost .6 on the scale this morning.....so I think this is a great option for me.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:10 AM   #106
Big Yapper!!!!

Welp, I'm with you all. I CANNOT believe I can have bread again. It sounds stupid but I want to cry I'm so happy and excited. And it was soooooooooooooooooo good! And had a great texture. I haven't had bread or rolls like the onion rolls in almost 5 years.

I had 1 onion roll and 3 slices of the plain bread yesterday and lost a pound today. And yall know I'm a stickler for for those kind of things. I want to order more but I don't have a big enough freezer lol. I have a freezer full of Atkins meals and LC bread.

I haven't tasted the bagel yet.

I can't believe how big the rolls and bagels are. I'm just so shocked and how great this product is.

5 stars from me baby. 5 stars.

Last edited by MsWoods; 02-27-2014 at 06:15 AM..
Old 02-27-2014, 06:19 AM   #107
Red
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Red
Stats: 181/164.3/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2013
I LOVE their bread! The cinnamon bread is really good to. It's the first bread that I have eaten on Atkins that taste, feels and looks just like real bread. And it toast great to. I reminds me of artisan bread. I haven't tried the bagels or pizza bread yet. That's next.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:27 AM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

They just came out with crackers and bread crumbs.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:34 AM   #109
Big Yapper!!!!

I just found the crackers, I don't like that picture very much. It doesnt look like there are many crackers in that bag for the price.

I dont see the bread crumbs.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:42 AM   #110
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ssun2day
I forgot all about Netrition and the $4.95 shipping. I accidentally stumbled onto the GLCB at another site. i have spent so much money trying all the breads out there since Julian Bakery changed their recipe and now it is so awful. I agree that the GLCB is such a blessing and makes low carbing fun again. I will be trying the thinslims and bread crumbs next. i just ordered everything in site I appreciate all your input on testing and blood sugar levels. Many thanks, Sandy
ssun2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:41 AM   #111
Red
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Red
Stats: 181/164.3/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2013
Coots, I eat it almost everyday. And I am still losing. The plain bread is good toasted or regular. I buy it on amazon because it come 3 loaves to an order. Then I freeze the other two loaves. This is some awesome bread!
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:20 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
I just found the crackers, I don't like that picture very much. It doesnt look like there are many crackers in that bag for the price.

I dont see the bread crumbs.
I bought the plain crackers.

I just opened the bag and ate a bite of one. DRY AND more dry. holy cow I won't be getting them again.

and a funny taste like....hmm....dried flour/pasty.

8 big round puffy crackers. 7 good and one broken too much money for what they are.

but bagels and bread is on my list for life right now. I can pass on these crackers. Maybe crumble up to put into soups or something???
Old 02-27-2014, 09:44 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carrielyn
Stats: 186/177/140
WOE: SBD
Start Date: restarting 1/18/11
For those who like crackers I really like these, and those I've shared with like them also. They are very diabetic, low carb friendly.

Crackers

1/2 c. almond meal (flour)
1 c. sesame seed
1/2 c. flax seed
2 T. psyllium husks
1/2 t. salt
1.5 c. water

Measure out and stir in bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes or so. Spread thinly on Silpats (or on parchment paper) on two cookie sheets. Cut with pizza cutter into squares. Bake at 325 for 45 minutes, pull out and flip and bake again for about 45 min. at reduced temperature. Let cool and break into crackers. If very thin, may not need so long. Store in closed containers.

1 carb or less per each.

These can burn easily so put them in for the first 30 minutes and then check. Once they’ve been flipped turn the oven down to 250° and leave them for another 30 minutes and then turn the oven off but leave the crackers in if they need to crisp up some more.

Store in an air tight container.

I sometimes add dry Hidden Valley Ranch, or garlic/onion powder. If there is a cracker flavor you like it should work. I’m thinking about using chicken brother one day for the water but will probably have to figure on eating quicker or refrigerating.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:15 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/178/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
I bought the plain crackers.

I just opened the bag and ate a bite of one. DRY AND more dry. holy cow I won't be getting them again.

and a funny taste like....hmm....dried flour/pasty.

8 big round puffy crackers. 7 good and one broken too much money for what they are.

but bagels and bread is on my list for life right now. I can pass on these crackers. Maybe crumble up to put into soups or something???
Trigger---yeah, I thought from the pix that those crackers looked kind of like puffy dumplings. They didn't look crispy and so few for the price!

I do like the lemon cake squares, particularly warmed up and buttered w/LC toppings. They're expensive too, but good for when you just want some dessert.

Glad to hear you liked the rye. I've got reubens on my mind now. Has there ever been a happier thread, LOL.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

The bagels hold up to being baked really well. This morning I cut one in half, put the two pieces in a pan topped with tuna salad and cheese on top, and baked. Made great tuna burgers! Outside bagel was toasted, and inside soft. Reubens are next on my list!
Old 02-27-2014, 12:18 PM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrielyn View Post
For those who like crackers I really like these
That looks like a manageable recipe - thank you for posting it. There are times when I long for something crisp and this looks like it would work nicely.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:45 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Has there ever been a happier thread, LOL.
I so agree! to find a product we like to use to replace a huge loss in our diets is

yea puffy crackers and tasteless. they aren't going to enhance anything you put on them.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:25 PM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Blue Skies - who makes the lemon squares? I don't see them listed on either GLCB or TS products lists.
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:48 PM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 166.6/155.4/135<- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 3/31/14
So they must be back in stock? Yeah! I cant wait to try those bagels.
millergirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:39 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/178/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
The bagels hold up to being baked really well. This morning I cut one in half, put the two pieces in a pan topped with tuna salad and cheese on top, and baked. Made great tuna burgers! Outside bagel was toasted, and inside soft. Reubens are next on my list!
Redeemed, I make the tuna cheesies too on the GLCBC onion pockets. I toast them up first w/butter, then put the tuna and cheese on and broil. So yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek View Post
Blue Skies - who makes the lemon squares? I don't see them listed on either GLCB or TS products lists.
Tweaker---you have to go to the GLCBC official site to get the lemon squares, netrition doesn't carry them. They are under "muffins, brownies and sqaures" on the GLCBC site. I love them for that "feels naughty but isn't" dessert/snack. The other night I put whipped cream, roasted slivered almonds and a sprinkle of blackberries on it. Yummers.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote