Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 08:54 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
WOW Coots. you went for it I would love to see those pics and your family's review! thanks
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
I just placed another order. Well worth the price for me. I have tested my blood sugar after eating the bread and bagles, and they do not seem to have any affect on my blood sugar. I have a bagel & cream cheese with my coffee almost every morning. I often make a grilled cheese sandwich with the Everything bread and have it for lunch at work. My favorite is the onion bagle. However, I was not impressed with the pizza crust. It was too thick and somewhat dry and blan for my taste. I have another one in the freezer, and may try cutting it into two to see if that helps
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:26 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/174/165 - 5'11"
Start Date: Feb, 2013
I just got my first order of GLCBC products. Here's my review:

Everything bagels: My fave of everything I ordered. Not as chewy as the real thing, but w/your choice of topping, plenty good. I had one toasted, buttered w/cream cheese and just a bit of sugar free blackberry preserves. As close to bread heaven as you can get this low carb for me. Hubby had a half of one and thought they were quite good. And this is the guy whose tried to help me make many a LC bread recipe, none of which we liked very much. Not to mention this is a guy who could eat real bagels till the cows come home and still be slim and trim. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Onion pockets: Don't know why they call them pockets, they are more like an onion roll, but I liked it, not quite as much as the bagels, but still quite good. One of the things that attracted me to try this company is the unusual variety of LC bread products they make, and this is a good example of that.

Everything bread: Not so crazy about this. A bit too spongey for me, although not as bad as others I've tried. I will stick to my Trader Joe's 4 NCs a slice sprouted wheat. It's more carbs but so much better, imo.

I will SO be ordering the bagels and onion pockets again. They also make many other products you can see on their site, some of which look interesting. But for right now this is enough for me. I'm keeping my eye on any effects on my weight loss, bloating, increased cravings or any sign of carb sabotage, but so far so good.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Divabunny
Stats: 215/195/160
WOE: Just making better choices
Start Date: 1/2/14
Thanks OP for the heads up on this product, looking forward to trying it out. I use to use carb krunchers, but the nutritional facts were questionable, glad to see people are eating this brand and not spiking or stalling!
Divabunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:04 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/135.4/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
I just received my second order..everything and pumpernickel bagels.....still love them for breakfast sandwiches...and for lunch as a sandwich with whatever I have....I may try grilled cheese for a weekend lunch! great idea....I use them much more sparingly than my DH..I always toast them first...they taste better..

Since I don't have any detrimental effects..Ill proceed with limits
LowCarbedD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:20 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/182/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
I placed an order yesterday. I ordered the everything bagels and everything bread. I also got the Hamburger Buns. We shall see what I think, never tried any of them before!

Kelly
heahyou00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:15 PM   #67
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Everything bagels were among my favorite things--and I would love to order these based on all the good reviews.

Alas, I'd already eliminated all grains when Wheat Belly came out and affirmed my choice. I feel so good grain-free that sacrificing bagels is a small price to pay.

Since I have Hashimoto's (an autoimmune disease), I suspect that I have some gluten sensitivity, which is why I tried an 'elimination diet' a couple of years ago and confirmed that there's some problem.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:50 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

I received my shipment yesterday. I tried the Hamburger Buns last night, I made a chicken cordon bleu sandwich and it was super yummy!! The bun seemed a little chewy, but did the job

This morning I tried one of the Everything Bagels, I toasted it and put cream cheese on top, tasted a little weird to me. I think I need to doctor up the toppings a little, would be good broiled with pizza toppings though I bet!!

I also purchased the Everything bread, but havent tried it yet, I plan to make like a grilled ham and cheese on the weekend or something.

The bun yesterday didnt affect my weight loss this morning, was down on the scales, so that is a good sign!

Kelly
Old 02-12-2014, 12:33 PM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/226.2/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Thanks Kelly. That makes me feel really really good about these. I think I'm going to have to break down and order some.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:55 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angeloco
Stats: 135/126/120
WOE: LC
Start Date: September 2011
I've made grilled cheese with the bread and roasted portobello with cheese, microwaved on an everything bagel. Really, really good. I'm thinking about making French toast tonight.
Angeloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:34 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SugarPop
Stats: 225/143.0/125 (5'2")
WOE: Atkins/ LowCarb
Hmm, interesting. Thanks, Carolyn
B
SugarPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:55 PM   #72
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Sugar pop, good to see you!
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:12 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Was gonna tell everyone I have been eating one of the bagels every morning for bfast and still losing. I have been toasting it and then spreading Natural PB and sf preserves on top, super yummy!!
Old 02-14-2014, 08:46 PM   #74
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Love the bagels!! Not so much the pumpkin spice ones. Need to make an order tomorrow.
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:03 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

I like to bring the pumpernickel bagels with a slice of cheese for lunch at work. I think they're great untoasted. The bread is good for grilled cheese sandwiches. I tried the lemon bars. They were just okay; and I think I have made better snack cakes with the recipes from the recipe forum here on LCF. Also I think there are better recipes for pizza crust here at LCF than the one I tasted from this company.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:04 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SugarPop
Stats: 225/143.0/125 (5'2")
WOE: Atkins/ LowCarb
Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
Sugar pop, good to see you!
Thanks, clackey...awww.

So, what I'm understanding is that the bagels are the thing to order...and amongst that go for pumpernickel and everything?

B
SugarPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:49 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarPop View Post
Thanks, clackey...awww.

So, what I'm understanding is that the bagels are the thing to order...and amongst that go for pumpernickel and everything?

B
I think the bagles are the best, but I also quite like the onion pockets, which are really rolls. If you toast them just right with garlic and butter they're delish.
Over toast them and they're like a dry brick---that's also true of the bagels to a bit lesser of an extent. The onion pockets are quite dense. Toasted right I also love them with tuna salad and melted cheese---2 open faced sandys with one 2 NC roll, good deal.
Blue Skies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #78
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rakh
I just had a hot dog roll and a cheddar wurst (4 NC for the cheddar wurst by Hillshire Farms). Very good roll. Rather filling though.

I have been on a quest to get as close to a Chicago dog with low carb alternatives (celery salt, just bought sport peppers but shipping delayed due to snow storm, a little ketchup subs for tomatoes but a little fresh tomato, maybe an eighth of a small tomato might work, and slices of sugar free bread and butter pickles instead of neon relish) and had been using a low carb tortilla. This is a better alternative.

I put the roll in the microwave for 15 seconds, then slice in half almost through, then put in a bagel toaster (wide-slot). I didn't get near a normal toast, just enough to warm it and put a slight toast on the inside.

I also bought the onion rolls, but like others, I'm afraid to try a LC bread product every day. I did buy Ketostix the other day, and confirm that I am usually in the small range and never below trace so far, and I'll check that again after eating this product.

I could see a few times per week, but the LC tortillas are easier prep IMHO so I'll be finishing them up too.

I have been sidetracked by LC products before (should buy stock in Netrition.com!), so I am wary of anything that is not very LC. Strangely enough though, I can lose even when I have a few ounces of Dreamfields pasta a few times per week, so that seems to be a personal thing. I do well with inulin in particular, though some people have trouble with it.

Thank you all for posting, I had been lurking for a while and finally got an account.

Last edited by rakh; 02-15-2014 at 02:10 PM.. Reason: add detail
rakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:53 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimmarie
WOE: RNY 11/24/14, low carb
I just placed my 3rd order of these products. I especially like the rye and pumpernickel bread. My son like the bagels more than the bread. I have not had any blood sugar spikes from eating the bread. I do, however, have to place limits on myself. I could see myself binging on this stuff. But, it does fill a void and has kept me from going off plan a few times.
kimmarie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:32 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakh View Post
I just had a hot dog roll and a cheddar wurst (4 NC for the cheddar wurst by Hillshire Farms). Very good roll. Rather filling though.

I have been on a quest to get as close to a Chicago dog with low carb alternatives (celery salt, just bought sport peppers but shipping delayed due to snow storm, a little ketchup subs for tomatoes but a little fresh tomato, maybe an eighth of a small tomato might work, and slices of sugar free bread and butter pickles instead of neon relish) and had been using a low carb tortilla. This is a better alternative.

I put the roll in the microwave for 15 seconds, then slice in half almost through, then put in a bagel toaster (wide-slot). I didn't get near a normal toast, just enough to warm it and put a slight toast on the inside.

I also bought the onion rolls, but like others, I'm afraid to try a LC bread product every day. I did buy Ketostix the other day, and confirm that I am usually in the small range and never below trace so far, and I'll check that again after eating this product.

I could see a few times per week, but the LC tortillas are easier prep IMHO so I'll be finishing them up too.

I have been sidetracked by LC products before (should buy stock in Netrition.com!), so I am wary of anything that is not very LC. Strangely enough though, I can lose even when I have a few ounces of Dreamfields pasta a few times per week, so that seems to be a personal thing. I do well with inulin in particular, though some people have trouble with it.

Thank you all for posting, I had been lurking for a while and finally got an account.
So glad you've gone beyond lurking and joined us!! Finding a voice here has helped me plenty. So many things you want to ask, or write a thread on, or just comment on. One of my fave things here is being able to congratulate so many who have done so well, as they have inspired me no end, and when I was lurking long ago, I couldn't do that.

As you know from lurking, YMMV is pretty much the #1 banner around here. For me, I CAN do a bit of grain and still lose. Before the Great Low Carb Bread Company, I have been enjoying Trader Joe's sprouted wheat bread for almost a year, 4 NCs a slice. It did not stop me from losing. And I'm finding the same thing with the GLCBC products, for even less NCs.

For me, my story is a bit different in that having these good subs available to me has made me LESS likely to cheat w/the real thing. And I find I don't binge on them, because if it's one thing my year long LC woe has taught me, it's that enough is enough. I have little desire to go back to those days when I stuffed myself, even w/GLCBC products.

I'm happy on this woe, it's taught me a lot.
Blue Skies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:13 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Coots
Stats: 321/250.6/230's?
WOE: Mainly Atkins - My own body way.
Start Date: April 2011
I finally got around to doing a review of some of the products w/ some pics included, here is a link to that thread: https://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/m...l#post16802168
Coots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:28 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

I actually bought a package of the Hamburger buns, they come not pre-sliced though which I thought was weird. I sliced one and put it in a ziplock bag in my purse because I knew I was going to eat fast food. I ordered a grilled chicken club sandwich and then used it for the bun instead of the bread that the restaurant served with it. It was amazing!!

I also used the everything bread and made low carb french toast topped with whipped cream and strawberries. I could only eat 2 slices because I was full!! You could even do stuffed french toast with cream cheese and sf jam or smashed berries.

I will be placing another order for the following items:

Everything Bagels
Everything Bread
Hamburger Buns

Kelly
Old 02-20-2014, 10:26 AM   #83
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/226.2/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
I finally got to order some so when I get my shipment I'll let yall know.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:24 PM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
I just received my Netrition order today and finally got some hamburger buns, every time I've ordered recently they've been out of stock! I had a burger for lunch and I am very happy with the buns. They do have that spongy feel of lc breads, but not bad. I am so glad to have these in the freezer, it will be great to grab one to go when I know I'll be eating out. I do make several recipes of low carb breads but don't always have something on hand. A favorite of mine is Buttoni' s focaccia bread, it's very quick and easy to make and is really good for sandwiches, I have served it to non low carbers and they've loved it.

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:48 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Check out the Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestion forum under the thread Low Carb Recipe Pictures, post 1387, and see the nice hamburger buns Esther made.
These look really good. I'm going to try making them before ordering out again. My ThinSlim bagles should be coming today and I'll report back and give a review.

Last edited by Redeemed; 02-21-2014 at 06:50 AM..
Old 02-22-2014, 04:12 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

I tried the TrimSlim Everything Bagel lightly toasted. It was very good. I really can't tell the difference between the two brands. The bagel was larger than the GLBC bagel but they were both 2 oz. It was 100 calories and 2 net carbs. TrimSlim offers two products: "Love Your Waist" and "Love the Taste". I have the Love the Taste. It's definitely not a bakery shop bagel, but it is a good substitute.I think they will make a good base for individual pizza's or tuna cheese burgers. Also, there's a statement on the package that says guaranteed not to affect blood sugar. That's a bold statement! lol But I think it's true for me.

Last edited by Redeemed; 02-22-2014 at 04:17 PM..
Old 02-22-2014, 04:38 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ncgirl
So glad you liked the Thinslims!! I've never had an issue with cravings (never formally checked my sugars, though). Having ordered from the company for so long, I feel confident in what they're saying - from the standpoint of having not felt any effects and also having corresponded with the owners over the products.
But the most important part is that you enjoyed them!! If you try any of their chocolate products, do let me know what you think. I love them, but I haven't eaten a 'real' brownie in years
ncgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:01 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mulberry
WOE: 8 Hour Diet / low carb
Start Date: January 2014
Low Carb Bread

I also placed an order from Netrition (they are located only 25 minutes from my house!). In better weather I can drive right over and pick up my order (no shipping charges--) But for now, an order is delivered the next day via UPS. I am very anxious to get the buns and bagels I ordered. Don't know if they are going to do any harm...and I doubt that I would have them every day....but once in a while, it would really be nice to use my carbs for some bread product!
mulberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulberry View Post
I also placed an order from Netrition (they are located only 25 minutes from my house!). In better weather I can drive right over and pick up my order (no shipping charges--) But for now, an order is delivered the next day via UPS. I am very anxious to get the buns and bagels I ordered. Don't know if they are going to do any harm...and I doubt that I would have them every day....but once in a while, it would really be nice to use my carbs for some bread product!
How nice to have Netrition so close! Let us know how the bread works for you. I eat them everyday - once in a while twice a day. I had a nice whoosh this week and lost 4 pounds. I had my thyroid med upped l/2 grains. I'm sure it was the combination of my staying on plan and increased thyroid med. Nevertheless, the bread did not work against me. I also like the high fiber and protein content.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:47 PM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
I had one of the dinner rolls tonight and am very excited about them -- so good! I just nuked a frozen roll for about 15 seconds to warm it and slathered it with butter, yum!
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote