Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   OLD old timer back again! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/816355-old-old-timer-back-again.html)

Helen Wheelz 11-01-2013 06:19 AM

OLD old timer back again!

Hi folks,

Many years ago I used to be a regular here but life grabbed me by the neck and pointed me in another direction. I am now a gramma, live in a different state with a different man and have completely FALLEN OFF THE WAGON AND ROLLED INTO THE DITCH! I've gained every single pound I lost plus 50%. I need my LCF's to get me back on track, I don't wanna be fat, frumpy gramma! Today is Day 1. Anyone wanna join and old time newbie on this crazy ride?????????

limetwist 11-01-2013 06:23 AM

Just a few days ago I had my carb rebirth, so you're CERTAINLY not alone! I hope your new state and new man are bringing you new happiness. :) I'm right there with you, sister! I'm using LCF as my accountability system. I'm going to log what I eat here every day, even if it's a Sunday where I eat the most boring crap known to man. If it goes into my mouth, LCF shall know. I suggest posting your menus in the "It's ____DAY! What are you eating?" threads. That's my anti-drug. I also have a journal where I'm logging my exercise, talking of my woes and victories, and also posting food photography.

Find what works to keep you an honest woman, and stick to it. :) Welcome back again.

Lucy12 11-01-2013 06:26 AM

Welcome back and good luck to you!

Helen Wheelz 11-01-2013 06:35 AM

The grand baby brings me happiness...the man :stars: and this state :help:not so much.

My biggest struggle isn't staying on track, it's getting started because I am a fast food junkie and salt fiend. Aslo, I struggle with drinking water. I HATE drinking water.

LindaM 11-01-2013 06:45 AM

old member

I am starting today also. I don't have a new man but have the same man of 33 years. He is home with me all day and night due to an health problem. Its difficult because he won't work with me or pay attention to what I tell him on how I want us to eat. So will have to cook and eat for myself one way and him another. Good luck.

Helen Wheelz 11-01-2013 06:49 AM

It stinks cooking like this for yourself, my BF is Croation and eats potatos, bread, rice and noodles every meal. Since he won't help me maintain my eating habits, I don't cook for him. :laugh:

AsmallerME 11-01-2013 07:19 AM

Welcome back! I'm also an old timer around these threads. I restarted about 1 month ago and am so happy to be back. The pace of the boards is a lot slower now, but there are tons of great people here and it's a great way to stay connected to your WOE.

I suggest indulging in some favorites to get back into the swing of things. If you love fast food and salt, get some fast food this week. Just make it low carb. Slowly drop that out next week once you are firmly in ketosis.

susan41 11-01-2013 07:30 AM

I think we all fall off and then come back at som point or another, I know I did. Gained 40 of what I had orig lost in 08 and now have dropped 25 just since August 25, welcome home!

Cudabear 11-01-2013 07:39 AM

[QUOTE=LindaM;16666561] Its difficult because he won't work with me or pay attention to what I tell him on how I want us to eat. So will have to cook and eat for myself one way and him another. QUOTE]

I am in this boat with you Linda - In fact my husband thinks Atkins is an unhealthy way of life so instead of telling him I am closely following the diet I just tell him I am watching my sugar & grains intake. I usually end up making me meat & a salad and he gets some side of pasta/rice/potato to go with it. (he's also super skinny.. I hate him sometimes ;))

LindaM 11-01-2013 08:20 AM

Cudabear, I had to laugh when you wrote you hate him sometimes. My husbands not super thin but he doesn't gain all over like I do. He has a belly but no fat on his butt, arms, thighs. Really annoying.

Helen Wheelz 11-01-2013 08:33 AM

Cuda, my BF is skinny and its annoying. He eats JUNK all the time and never gains one pound.

I look at a fast food or pizza commercial and my fat cells get all excited :mad:

Just Russ 11-01-2013 08:53 PM

Helen, Welcome back! I've recently returned & now on day 4 of Restart. It's tough when those around us don't believe... their attitude is poison. I drifted away by listening to the saboteurs... and now find myself as big as ever & nearly = my heaviest.
Let's go on this journey together!

2muttsmom 11-02-2013 03:18 PM

Welcome back!

I also restarted about a month ago. Good luck to you!