Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Low Carb bars (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/816243-low-carb-bars.html)

NurseChef 10-30-2013 11:52 AM

Low Carb bars

I tried a couple of Quest bars and really disliked them. Decided to try yet a different one and this one was actually Delish! It is the Apple Pie bar which is sugar free, 6 net carbs and my blood sugar didn't suffer for it. My blood sugar raises on some of Atkins products but does drop. Quest is not supposed to do that .

MsWoods 10-30-2013 11:57 AM

Quest bars grew on me pretty quickly. They are not like Atkins bars, which cause huge cravings and weight gain for me. I love their new ones, they have raspberry white chocolate and another one, the raspberry is my favorite.

MargD 10-30-2013 11:59 AM

LOVE Mixed Berry Bliss

tandt 10-30-2013 12:02 PM

I love the chocolate chip cookie dough Quest bar. I nuke it for 12 seconds, and it softens just like a warm cookie from the oven.

MsWoods 10-30-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tandt (Post 16664252)
I love the chocolate chip cookie dough Quest bar. I nuke it for 12 seconds, and it softens just like a warm cookie from the oven.

Yeah that's the other new one. Yum.

The original bars that don't have sugar alcohols, I like the peanut butter/jelly the best.

All quest bars are better nuked in the micro lol.

Ozcook 10-30-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoods (Post 16664257)
All quest bars are better nuked in the micro lol.

Do you nuke them in the wrapper? I thought the silver foil might not be good in the M/W. I have tried, once, to nuke a bar and it stuck to the plate. Maybe next time I will put it on some baking paper.

What does everyone else do?

LowCarbedD 10-30-2013 03:11 PM

I use Quest bars after the gym if my blood sugar dives....It is literally the only bar my digestive tract tolerates..and they only one that doesn't cause cravings...the raspberry white choc is good as far as bars go...Im not big on bars...they never taste all that great to me..I eat them to even out my blood sugar...or if Ive forgotten to eat and nothings available..not for a treat.....or for a dessert.. Im going to try the microwave thing....I worked out for 2hrs today and desperately searched my bag for a bar....hmmmmI guess I had this one in my bag a LONG time...nearly broke my tooth..LOL

ncgirl 10-30-2013 05:03 PM

I would take them out of the wrapper before microwaving....

I used to try and eat them, but they triggered wicked cravings for me - so glad others don't have that issue, because they do taste good out of the microwave!

MsWoods 10-31-2013 08:20 AM

I put them on a plate. Yeah, they stick, but I used a paper plate. I would either use parchment paper or a glass plate.

Catzmom 10-31-2013 08:23 AM

Guess I am not the only one who does not like Quest bars. I got them in several flavors. They taste like flavored playdough to me. I love Atkins bars but they stall me.

GingerAnn 11-01-2013 10:47 AM

I ordered a 12 pack case of the Quest cookie dough bars and they arrived last week. At first, I was like "these are gross, why does everyone rave about them?"

Then a few hours later, I started craving another one. So I ate another one. Then later that night, I ate another. Six bars later, and I realize these are the devil for me! They also made me gain 2 lbs. Water weight or not, I don't like seeing the +2 on the scale. So, I'll be saving the rest for special occasions.

MsWoods 11-01-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GingerAnn (Post 16666963)
I ordered a 12 pack case of the Quest cookie dough bars and they arrived last week. At first, I was like "these are gross, why does everyone rave about them?"

Then a few hours later, I started craving another one. So I ate another one. Then later that night, I ate another. Six bars later, and I realize these are the devil for me! They also made me gain 2 lbs. Water weight or not, I don't like seeing the +2 on the scale. So, I'll be saving the rest for special occasions.

They probably made you gain 2lbs because you ate so many. That is why I don't eat Atkins bars. I can eat 1 Quest bar in an emergency situation (which is what I use bars for) and it doesn't effect my weight.

GingerAnn 11-01-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoods (Post 16666965)
They probably made you gain 2lbs because you ate so many. That is why I don't eat Atkins bars. I can eat 1 Quest bar in an emergency situation (which is what I use bars for) and it doesn't effect my weight.

I know, I am such a piggy. :cry:

MsWoods 11-01-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GingerAnn (Post 16666967)
I know, I am such a piggy. :cry:

Hey sister, I do the same thing with Atkins bars. I'm talking the whole box lol.

I was just saying, to clarify, that eating 1 bar in the correct time frame shouldn't cause a 2lb gain, that's all:shake:

CarolynF 11-01-2013 12:31 PM

I eat both..but I always pick an Atkins bar with less than 7 Sugar Alcohols for digestive issues.

This morning I had the Double Chocolate Chunk bar from Quest (new one)..I thought I was
eating a candy bar for breakfast..It is delicious..:)

Just Russ 11-01-2013 02:51 PM

Atkins bars trigger cravings for me... just like this... I might try on to see but I'm so darn Carb Sensitive it's probably not a good idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GingerAnn (Post 16666963)