Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Fat clothes (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/816174-fat-clothes.html)

susan41 10-29-2013 09:40 AM

Fat clothes

So day before yesterday I cleaned out my storage unit, which had some of my old fat clothes in it. Like... When I was 250+ fat clothes, professional stuff I've not needed for the job I'm at now. I made the decision to toss them. Whoop! Lord only knows how much time and money was spent on them, but I don't care. I'm taking some of the nicer and well kept stuff to a local woman's charity, and the rest went to the burn pile we are accumulating for New Year's Eve bonfire.

No regrets. And no looking back.

What I did find was a pair of jeans that I wore when I got to a low before doing LC. Those are now hanging in my closet and going to be the next goal.

Y'all toss or keep your old fat clothes?

Mssarge 10-29-2013 09:45 AM

Believe me, it's an ongoing process. I'm in the process of going through the closets (again) and got the bags for the women's' shelter in the trunk. There is no looking back; we're never going to be that large again. What's also funny, is that sizes are so much larger now than they were when I filled 'em, so now my smaller clothes are a much smaller number....

cfine 10-29-2013 10:09 AM

I donate mine.

Kittycatmom 10-29-2013 11:05 AM

I'm donating as I go along. The clothes are too good to toss, but I don't want them around once they get too big.

Patience 10-29-2013 11:10 AM

I am also donating.

snowangel9 10-29-2013 11:16 AM

I donate them if they're still nice. Some get tossed...

Key Tones 10-29-2013 11:42 AM

I lose weight incredibly slowly. I usually battle about a 10 pound flux, so, I generally keep one size too large in pants for just in case, and my shirts aren't that fitted so that is all I need to do.

I have kept my 1x and XL coats because it is nice to double coat sometimes when it is really cold!

rose1 10-29-2013 11:57 AM

If you keep your clothes that are too large, you are just subconsciously telling yourself that you are going to need them again. Donate them and don't look back.

greengeeny 10-29-2013 12:20 PM

I donate them if I remember. If not, I throw them away. I don't want them anywhere near me. I don't keep anything that I don't wear anymore. Usually go through my closet once a week!!!! Now that I am slimming down :)

Aquarius 10-29-2013 01:45 PM

I kept a pair of jeans that were overly tight when I started this again, just so I could put them on and pull out the waist like one of those weight loss commercials. You know, for those times I needed an ego boost. :laugh: I haven't needed one in while.

The rest - donated or thrown out. I am not looking back! I am not going back!

bobbinb 10-29-2013 02:25 PM

Im just starting but im looking forward to donating mine and I cant wait to buy new ones size10 please.:rofl:

DiamondDeb 10-29-2013 03:48 PM

I've never, ever labeled clothes that way.

When clothes are too big they get donated or go to consignment. I'm working with a good consignment store here as I go through sizes. The money I get will help a bit with buying smaller clothes. I've had to replace everything and will again a few times before I'm at a stable size.

MtherGoos 10-29-2013 04:01 PM

I've been holding on to them and storing them in our shed, but I finally gave in and donated them a couple of weeks ago. I had 5 huge tubs full of clothes from where I started 100 pounds ago to what I'm wearing now. I was a little afraid of giving them up, but I'd rather that they do somebody else some good rather than collecting dust in our shed.

shipshemom 10-30-2013 07:17 PM

I also donated my clothes as I lost weight & replaced them w/ smaller form fitting ones. This keeps me motivated to stay on plan since I'd have to buy all new clothes if I allow myself to re-gain.

trishthedish 10-30-2013 07:27 PM

This is an ongoing process for me. Every ten or fifteen pounds, I donate the loose clothes and go thrift shopping for 'new to me' smaller clothes.

I did keep the largest pants I ever owned. It is a reality check. To take them out from time to time and see how they look compared to me now.:)

Trigger828 10-31-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susan41 (Post 16662569)
Y'all toss or keep your old fat clothes?

Good for you!

I tossed everything. I kept no fat clothes. I wanted no reminders :)

so when I gained back 50 lbs thru the years after I lost 70, it was a bummer to buy bigger sizes. But I didn't buy alot. I lived in junkier clothes and not alot of them.

So now that I am losing I am getting back into my nice smaller clothes :)

I hate feeling I ripped myself off with buying bigger clothes as I gained, but even now, I am getting rid of all bigger clothes as I lose. I don't want them around as a reminder or anything. gonzo!!!

Big Stevie 10-31-2013 12:49 PM

I pack them up and take them to the thrift store. Then while I am there, I buy stuff in my size. Then I repeat the process every month or two. I have been through 5 sizes to date. Once I hit goal, which is close, I will then buy some new clothes, or maybe not, I have been finding great stuff at the Thrifts Stores for really cheap.

Arctic_Mama 10-31-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trishthedish (Post 16664724)
This is an ongoing process for me. Every ten or fifteen pounds, I donate the loose clothes and go thrift shopping for 'new to me' smaller clothes.

I did keep the largest pants I ever owned. It is a reality check. To take them out from time to time and see how they look compared to me now.:)

Ditto. I have a few things, like a shirt and pants and my wedding dress, from that size. It's a great reminder of my journey. The rest gets donated, except a pair or two of slightly loose pants that I will wear immediately postpartum whenever I'm pregnant again. But that's it, everything else gets donated.

Josh1234 10-31-2013 05:13 PM

I gave away my old fat clothes. Most were in great condition. I hope they went to somebody who needed them. In the mean time, I am not buying new clothing so I look like some homeless, baggy pants guy.