Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   One thing I really like here (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/816152-one-thing-i-really-like-here.html)

NurseChef 10-29-2013 02:31 AM

One thing I really like here

I really appreciate the information that everyone is willing to share. We have all struggled to just get a focus on losing weight but when you ask questions everyone runs to help you here. I so appreciate this!
Thanks!

Mimosa23 10-29-2013 02:57 AM

This is what I love about this site too! It is so nice to find such a bunch of helpful and supportive people. And it's nice to be able to pay it forward by helping others too!

Out of all the LC forums out there I find this one the most user friendly and with the nicest people, even those on the PG, LOL!

fun w son 10-29-2013 05:13 AM

AGREE!!!

there have been many times you guys have "talked me off the ledge"!!

susan41 10-29-2013 06:51 AM

I know for a fact that without the support and information here I would not be able to do LC or any plan for that matter. The information has been key to me forming my plan for weight loss. The accountability matters a lot to me also.

Thanks for reminding me to say thanks LCfriends !

Kittycatmom 10-29-2013 06:57 AM

I agree! This site and the peeps on it have been so helpful to me. I so appreciate all of you :)

createart 10-29-2013 08:18 AM

It's really unique this site, that everyone is truly so friendly and helpful! I'm like everyone else, if it wasn't for this site I don't know what I would do. It has been a part of my life for many years now (even though I have posted on and off, I still would lurk even if I didn't post).

I really thank the moderators and the owners of the site for setting up the guidelines that they have in place, it have truly given us all a safe haven!

NurseChef 10-29-2013 09:58 AM

So glad y'all read my post and I love the responses back! I'm on LC just shy of 6 weeks! Love it!

snowangel9 10-29-2013 10:19 AM

I agree with everyone too. The accountability, even if it's just to myself helps. Plus it's nice being in a community that understands what we go through..

winefairy 10-29-2013 12:57 PM

I'm very new here and have already found this to be an awesome source of information and support. I have been on other online forums that were full of negativity and judgement. A very unfriendly combination.

I agree that the guidelines and rules make this a safe and comforting environment

finallylosing 10-29-2013 01:42 PM

I agree, the information and new ideas I have found on these boards if fantastic.

trishthedish 10-29-2013 01:46 PM

LCF is like my home away from home. I have spent over a decade on this board!:love:

shelby'snana 10-29-2013 02:24 PM

I love all the info and great friends I have made here ! Like Trish, it's my "home away from home" too.....<3

bobbinb 10-29-2013 04:38 PM

Im new here to, but have already been helped so much and when I was struggling I came here and all the posative comments helped me threw. Thanks soooo much !!!

JMacB 10-29-2013 05:13 PM

This board is amazing. So much support is here, and all you have to do is ask and the answers are there for you. It has been the most important part of my success losing weight and maintaining this way of eating.

Jenn11 10-29-2013 05:57 PM

I agree being on forums is so encouraging and makes you feel like you aren't fighting the battle alone!

I really love all the different people that post and I love how people showcase both the struggles and the victories of their journeys it helps me identify with them and learn! I love you guys I wish you all very successful weight loss and maintenance! <3

onceagain54 10-29-2013 06:36 PM

Agree with everyone!!!

lowcarbella 10-29-2013 06:44 PM

I have been on several weight loss forums b4 including low carb ones.There was a lot of negativity and mine-is-better-than-yours attitudes.Also most people struggled and could not lose weight and didn't know what to do.there was even a thread somewhere called 'Turtle 'Losers or something for very slooow losers.I was ready to quit LCing.

then I found this site.

I saw that here a lot of people actually made goals and there were many successful maintainers and some famous low-carbers I had heard of.
When someone posted they were struggling,people were always helping with troubleshooting without judging.

well,I don't go to those other forums anymore,I have found my home here.

2muttsmom 10-30-2013 07:48 PM

Agree with all the posters above.

I disappeared for about 4 years and was so glad that when I was ready to re-commit LCF was still here and still the vibrant community I remembered.

Back in 2008 or so it seemed mainly Atkins was the WOE of choice - with some Stillmans and Protein Power thrown in, as I remember. (For any that are still here from back then, the Kimkim (sp?) scandal was raging at that time.)

So nice to see how the community has expanded to embrace some of the newer variations on LC. And totally agree that the positive atmosphere is due to wonderful monitors who keep the boards focused.