Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

it's a new day

I've been back on the low carb wagon since August 29. I am almost 2 months in, and I have lost 10 pounds, which feels and looks wonderful. I lost 10 pounds of water in about 2 weeks, then went up a couple, down a couple, up a couple, down a couple, and right now I really feel like I've lost 10 pounds of real fat. That seems to be the basic story for most people on this forum.

Let me say, thank you to everyone who has shared your experiences and frustrations with the "woosh" of weight-loss and the stalled scale. It really really really helped me stay on track and keep the faith. Because of your stories, I have been able to relate it to my own, and realize that this weight loss pattern is very normal for low carb.

I made a deal with my husband- once I lose 20 pounds, He's going to buy me this bike - a total dream of a bike- classy and very cute.

Once I lose 40 pounds, he is buying me these valentino flats[/URL]. BEYOND EXCITED for that.

I've realizes that it my husband's sweet bribes that really keep me in focus. He is beyond supportive.

Today I weigh 165, and 30 more pounds until I get those damn beautiful shoes! I work in fashion, and of course being slender is very desirable and valued in my field. But now I feel that I can finally get to a good weight without starving myself and feeling hungry all day long.

Some great foods I've found in my journey:

If you live near a Sonic- they have a great sandwich, the Sausage Breakfast toaster with no bread, and it is my staple. I sometimes eat 2 if Im really hungry in the morning. This meal with no bread keeps me full until dinner time. It is so nice to go through my day at work without any distractions from a grumbling stomach.

Im down to two cans of diet coke per day! That is HUGE for me. In the old days I could down probably 10 cans a day. Now, with my bread less sandwich from Sonic, I order a large ice water that stays cold all day in their great styrofoam cups. I sound like I'm paid by Sonic, but I swear I am just a happy, loyal customer!

For dinner, I usually have some Gyro meat, steak, salad, Chipotle burrito bowls with no rice and no beans, and now and then a baked sweet potato with sour cream and butter. I also make great lowish-carb pancakes with unsweetened applesauce, egg, baking soda, almond butter, and few chocolate chips. On most days for dessert I eat a spoonful of chunky peanut butter and a couple choco chips.

Overall, it just feels good to finally feel in control of my eating. I'm dying for the day that I am in the 150s! and when I reach my goal of 135, I'll be sure to share with you all a pic of me wearing my valentinos!
ellen-couture-girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rebecca1979
Stats: 286/239/199 (for now!)
WOE: 2208/442 (11/5/13)
Start Date: October 19, 2013

Cute bike! Beautiful shoes!
Rebecca1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:54 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Ellen, you are doing GREAT! Congratulations on your weight loss! I cannot wait you for to receive those gorgeous shoes!
GailyGail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 205/185/140
WOE: LC/Experimenting w/ NK
Start Date: Jan 2012
Congrats on finding your way, Ellen! I like your choices in bikes & shoes I could probably not get away with those, but they sure are cute! Would love to see the pics when you get there
alex_in_wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote