Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Other than Water (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/815337-other-than-water.html)

mjgh06 10-18-2013 09:04 AM

Other than Water

Help me! I am near end of second week Induction. For all but three days (when I first started I cut out my pepsi) I have had nothing but water and coffee to drink. I am getting very bored, very fast.

What can I drink besides water and coffee that will not take me off plan, or cause a stall?

MtherGoos 10-18-2013 09:05 AM

It's going to be different for everyone, you'll have to find what works for you, but I drink Diet Pepsi and the WalMart brand of the flavored waters. I drink several bottles of those waters every day. So Good!!

AdeCafe 10-18-2013 09:06 AM

I like the mio and dasani drops you add to water. very portable.

ASHLEY2HAWAII 10-18-2013 09:09 AM

Ice tea is my go to, I drink it unsweetend there are so many flavors to choose from.

susan41 10-18-2013 09:13 AM

Unsweetened tea brewed strong at home, with a big fat wedge of lime! Over a lot of ice! Yum! I must have some right now!

ASHLEY2HAWAII 10-18-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susan41 (Post 16648755)
Unsweetened tea brewed strong at home, with a big fat wedge of lime! Over a lot of ice! Yum! I must have some right now!

I've not had it with lime,must try it!

Jenn11 10-18-2013 09:21 AM

I squeeze fresh lemon into my bottled water, because lemon alkalizes it and because straight water tastes metallic and slightly bitter when I am in ketosis. Sometimes I add a little ACV instead of lemon.:yummy:

lighterbeing 10-18-2013 11:55 AM

I make plain iced tea, like the newmans organic, and add lemon slices, a pack of the lon flavor sticks with stevia, plus a couple packs of trivia or Splenda. The hug lasts me a couple of days and is close to the southern sweet tea which I love.
We have great crushed ice at work and I have a diet coke over the ice, so 3 days a week I allow a diet drink, which I think are not so good for me. Also if you need bubbles, there is Zevia made with Stevia.

GingerAnn 10-18-2013 11:59 AM

Green tea. Or Yogi detox tea (I like the spicy taste). I actually enjoy a lot of the Yogi brand teas.

Water steeped in cucumbers for several hours or better yet, overnight. Makes you feel like you are at a spa. :)

Water with a squeeze of fresh lemon.

greengeeny 10-18-2013 12:28 PM

I like crystal light. I buy the little sticks of it or the drops so I can add to my individual drink, if I want it.

trishthedish 10-18-2013 03:24 PM

I drink a can of diet Canada Dry ginger ale a day when on Induction with no ill effects.

Maryposa 10-18-2013 05:59 PM

I drink iced tea, iced coffee, protein shakes, diet sodas, crystal light, diet lemonade, zero calorie sparkling water (fruit flavors) and propel zero

metqa 10-18-2013 06:03 PM

I didn't used to like Crystal Lite, but I found that adding a bit more water than directed made it more like a flavored water and less like a super sugary juice bev.

I also add Real lemon, lime or orange packets to different flavors to mix things up.

DiamondDeb 10-18-2013 07:13 PM

I'm pretty much a water drinker. Occasionally with lemon.

Other than water I drink coffee and tea, both of them hot or cold. I add pure stevia powder extract only. No calories, no carbs, nothing to slow or stall.

Skinny Train 10-18-2013 09:07 PM

I have major issues with plain water. Not sure why I don't care for it so much. I drink unsweetened iced tea all the time. It's not for everyone, but if you like your coffee black, you might like the "bitter" quality of unsweetened tea. You can drink unsweetened fruit infused teas too. I drink this all the time, even the times I haven't been watching my carbs. I prefer the flavor of unsweetened.

metqa 10-18-2013 09:14 PM

When I was younger, drinking plain water would give me heartburn. I have no idea why, but if it were tea or flavored, it wouldn't happen. unsweetened green tea is a treat. If you can find barley tea bags that's very nice and refreshing too, very clean tasting and no caffienne.

I found out recently that if I add a touch of magnesium, baking soda and calcium powder to my half liter bottle and fill it with water, then it's much easier to drink than even my Brita filtered water. There is no taste, just a smoother mouthfeel that doesn't feel sharp going down like plain water often feels to me. I can drink several gulps at a time of this electrolyte water vs just a few sips at a time of plain filtered water.

RhondaC 10-19-2013 03:47 AM

I use the kool aid, crystal lite, or mio drops (whichever is on sale). I don't make it very strong, just enough to give some flavor.

Later, if you want to have an alcohol drink, these drops are good to add to vodka/soda! I've done this a few times and have not noticed a difference in my weight loss. Of course, I wouldn't do this every day, but once every couple of weeks or so. :)

emel 10-19-2013 09:06 AM

mio with seltzer. The orange tangerine is really good when you add a drop of vanilla extract or vanilla davinci. The grape dasani water enhancer tastes good with water or seltzer at the beach. I don't mix them very strong-- just a hint of flavor, not nearly as strong tasting as an orange or grape soda.

I also like celestial seasonings fruit teas---the raspberry, mixed berry, and cherry are my favorites. I make weak tea to sip iced.