Old 10-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: meeha
Stats: 258/258/when it feels right
WOE: My Way
Start Date: 1/09/2014
Kim Kardashian on Atkins Diet

Kim Kardashian Reveals Secrets to Post-Baby Weight Loss - ABC News

Just four months after the birth of her daughter North West, Kim Kardashian has snapped back to her pre-baby body.

After suffering intense media scrutiny during her pregnancy, the reality TV starlet has been photographed around the world flaunting her curves, leaving critics wondering, “How exactly did she lose all that weight?”

Kardashian took to Twitter this weekend to reveal the secret to her weight loss success.

Kim Kardashian Makes First Post-Pregnancy Appearance

“I’ve actually been doing the Atkins diet & luv it,” she tweeted to a fan on Sunday.

Highly popular in the early 2000s, the Atkins Diet has been attacked by critics questioning its heart healthiness. Under the low carb, high protein plan, past dieters have replaced starchy carbs with foods high in fat and cholesterol. Despite these claims, Kardashian, a former spokeswoman for the controversial QuickTrim diet system, stands by the strict Atkins routine.

“Kim Kardashian wanted a balanced and effective way to lose weight following her pregnancy and she chose Atkins,” Colette Heimowitz, Vice President of Nutrition for Atkins Nutritionals, Inc., told ABC News in a statement. “he ate lots of lean proteins, veggies, fruits, and healthy fats like avocado and nuts. She experienced previous success on the plan, and knew she needed something that works.”

Along with dieting, Kardashian has been spotted working out with her famous beau Kanye West. Most recently, the pair attended an intense Barry’s Bootcamp session early Friday in Sherman Oaks, Calif.
meeha is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Midlyfechrysalis
Stats: 237/212/something healthy
WOE: Meat, veggies, eggs, limited dairy
Start Date: 9/7/13 (interupted 10/15 by car accident)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeha View Post
Kim Kardashian Reveals Secrets to Post-Baby Weight Loss - ABC News

Highly popular in the early 2000s, the Atkins Diet has been attacked by critics questioning its heart healthiness. Under the low carb, high protein plan, past dieters have replaced starchy carbs with foods high in fat and cholesterol. Despite these claims, Kardashian, a former spokeswoman for the controversial QuickTrim diet system, stands by the strict Atkins routine.

Yea. The bold drives me crazy. They never seem to mention dropped potatoes and bread and replaced it with more frequent servings of salad greens, green beans, brocolli or aspargus.
Midlyfechrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
The part that irritated me was the "lean meats". Why???

OTOH, we can use all the help we can get.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fun w son
Stats: 283/269/200
WOE: not sure?
Start Date: July 13, 2013
All press is good press!
Glad it's workin for her.... And us!
fun w son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinmarie
Stats: 137/118/ 110
WOE: Modified Atkins/ vlc/frankenfood free
Start Date: last start 8/11, restart 7/28/13
Who cares? Good for her! But we all know our way of eating will never be acceptor by th fat phobic American culture at large so ? I feel better look better and hope the best for those who make other choices. Kim kardashiannis hardly the posterchild I would choose for my lifestyle anyways.
erinmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Josh1234
I can't tell you how happy this makes me. Reading about celebrities brings so much value to my boring, pathetic, inconsequential life. I think I will go out and buy some check stand magazines so I can continue to live through their lives.
Josh1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Olive
WOE: <20 net carbs/day
Start Date: May 12 2014
I think this is awesome. Can't stand her personally, but her brand is so strong she could make pigeon poop facials a fad at this point. It'd be great to have more celebrities in their 20s and 30s as spokespeople for low-carb because the more acceptance the better.
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #8
Purgatory escapee

Gallery: DeltaSierra
Stats: Too much/Still too much/Perfect
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive View Post
I think this is awesome. Can't stand her personally, but her brand is so strong she could make pigeon poop facials a fad at this point. It'd be great to have more celebrities in their 20s and 30s as spokespeople for low-carb because the more acceptance the better.
Agreed!!!
DeltaSierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dolciani
Stats: 227/172.5/125 - 5'2"
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 1/02/13; JUDDD 4/10/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1234 View Post
I can't tell you how happy this makes me. Reading about celebrities brings so much value to my boring, pathetic, inconsequential life. I think I will go out and buy some check stand magazines so I can continue to live through their lives.
Exactly!

(Though I do wish her well.)
dolciani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Checkoutchick
Stats: 199/151/143
WOE: Atkins (NANY)
Start Date: 17/06/13
I wish the media would get their facts straight for once. Atkins is NOT a high protein diet!!!

A better ambassador for low carbing would be Tom Hanks, IF he could be persuaded to try low carbing and improve his Diabetes.
Checkoutchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #11
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I gotta tell you guys this: I believe she may be doing an Atkins type LC diet and that is wonderful BUT I think there is more to her "weight loss" than we will ever know!

Hmmmm..... P.L.A.S.T.I.C...S.U.R.G.E.R.Y, perhaps? No one as large as she was at the end of her pregnancy could lose as much weight in 4 months as they are claiming she has!

I just don't buy into the "All I did was Atkins" and exercise claim, even though it is an amazing WOE and exercise is always good for us!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 10-15-2013 at 10:12 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinny Train
I think it's possible. After my pregnancies, I lost all the fluid weight within 3 weeks (as much as 28 pounds). When I was younger, I lost 3 pounds a week, every single week, when following a strict low-carb plan. That was about 12 pounds a month. It won't happen now, because I'm old and decrepit. LOL! I don't doubt she has ever had plastic surgery; just saying that I think it's possible to lose the weight. If someone is really strict with their plan. fwiw
Skinny Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:14 AM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I lost my pregnancy weight very quickly, both times with low carb. I was 170 the first time and 160 the second. I was back at my regular weight in three months. Strict low carb.
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:49 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/208/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
I think it's possible. I went down something like 40 lbs. within a week or two of my son being born, to well below my pre-pregnancy weight. I was retaining a lot of water at the end. I wasn't doing low carb then, either, nor restricting my calories.

Last edited by Mistizoom; 10-16-2013 at 06:50 AM..
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #15
I'm here to help!

Gallery: SugarFreeSheila
Stats: 141 to 110
Start Date: 2001
I think this is good news. She looks great, and this press will no doubt lead to the doubting masses giving low-carbing a second look.
SugarFreeSheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susan41
Stats: 243/202/?
Start Date: July 4th 2013 sugar first, then LC august 25th
I agree that this is good news for the LC lifestyle, it does make me wonder what it will do to the price of bacon though!
susan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
When I was her age, sticking strictly to Atkins 72 Induction, I lost 100 pounds in 4 months, so I do believe it's entirely possible. I can't lose like that now, unfortunately, but then I could.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SuzanneM
Stats: 155/127/125
WOE: LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I gotta tell you guys this: I believe she may be doing an Atkins type LC diet and that is wonderful BUT I think there is more to her "weight loss" than we will ever know!

Hmmmm..... P.L.A.S.T.I.C...S.U.R.G.E.R.Y, perhaps? No one as large as she was at the end of her pregnancy could lose as much weight in 4 months as they are claiming she has!

I just don't buy into the "All I did was Atkins" and exercise claim, even though it is an amazing WOE and exercise is always good for us!
I'm not seeing all this amazing weightl0ss The last few pictures of her in the press are very recent, and it looks like she's still got a good 20 or so to go?

I think 4 months, with a trainer and I'm sure a chef are ample to get into good shape.
SuzanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 166.6/146.8/135<- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 3/31/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneM View Post
I think 4 months, with a trainer and I'm sure a chef are ample to get into good shape.
This. Can you imagine having a trainer set out daily workouts (sometimes multiple hours) for you, and a chef completely monitoring your eating? I think it is possible to lose big weight that way, quickly. Just like on the Biggest Loser- those folks lose a consistent amount of weight every single week, but that is ALL they do. Work out, and focus on what they are eating. I think it is just that in "real" life, most people don't have the time and energy to put that much in to losing weight.
millergirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Kim already looks terrific -- the weight is coming off of her quickly. I, too, am thrilled that she embraced low carb and believe this will help Atkins/low carb garner more acceptance across the general public.

And, sorry, but I think she is stunningly beautiful. I saw her and her mom and sisters speak at a Lucky Magazine FABB conference in the summer of 2011. They were fabulous -- they are actually quite smart and articulate about how they use social media to build the Kardashian brand. Look, I know what she did with the fake wedding was heinous but she is one smart cookie (or should I say "one smart low-carb Atkins bar").
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #21
Video Vixen

Gallery: MLE777
Stats: 151/148/132 5'2"
WOE: Who knows...
I think people also forget that she's 5'2" and pretty short waisted. When you're little with a short waist, being 8-9 months pregnant makes you look like you've gained a TON of weight whether you have or not. There's just no where for that baby to go, but out. Trust me, I know. I'm 5'2" and short waisted as well. I looked like a penguin. Seriously!
MLE777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Olive
WOE: <20 net carbs/day
Start Date: May 12 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE777 View Post
I think people also forget that she's 5'2" and pretty short waisted. When you're little with a short waist, being 8-9 months pregnant makes you look like you've gained a TON of weight whether you have or not. There's just no where for that baby to go, but out. Trust me, I know. I'm 5'2" and short waisted as well. I looked like a penguin. Seriously!
No kidding. I was asked if I was having triplets all the time.
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
I'm lucky in that - A shorty with only an inch between my hip and bottom rib (obscenely short waisted) but I have broad shoulders and am well endowed, so my bump was always well camouflaged until the third trimester, even when I was measuring weeks ahead. It was kind of annoying, thinking back on it....
Arctic_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:11 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marsha30
WOE: low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan41 View Post
I agree that this is good news for the LC lifestyle, it does make me wonder what it will do to the price of bacon though!
Hilarious!
marsha30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
So now Yahoo news has 5 "experts" debating on whether it was a healthy way for her to lose the weight. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't completely bad. Mainly they were talking about how it could interfere with her breastfeeding and needing extra nutrients for that reason. I agreed with a lot of what was said except for the one lady who said she needed to add grains to her diet. If your eating enough food for your milk supply, it shouldn't matter if your carbs come from grains or veggies.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snowdancer79
Stats: 202/175/150 5'8" restart 10.01.12
I have a hard time with celebrities that "discover" low-carb and all of a sudden become spokespeople for the diet. As much as I love Sharon Osbourne, her new found love of Atkins is rather suspect. As far as Kim Kardashian, I find absolutely anything she says or does hard to believe or stomach.
snowdancer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #27
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdancer79 View Post
I have a hard time with celebrities that "discover" low-carb and all of a sudden become spokespeople for the diet. As much as I love Sharon Osbourne, her new found love of Atkins is rather suspect. As far as Kim Kardashian, I find absolutely anything she says or does hard to believe or stomach.

I will take the testimonies of all the wonderful LCFs on this site before I would believe anything a celebrity says about a WOE! REAL people so REAL life things and don't have trainers, chefs, surgeons, etc. to "help" things move along quicker.

Just my opinion, nothing more!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NurseChef
Start Date: 9/20/13
I think that Kim did a great job with her weight loss and makes low carbing fashionable and much more popular again. I also think that she looks healthy so maybe you din't like her but look at her! She looks fantastic and very much back in shape!
NurseChef is offline   Reply With Quote