WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
EATING TOO LITTLE??

Well, after being stuck I decided to lower my food intake. I've gone to:
B: 1 egg 3 bacon
L: cup of greens, onion, 1/2 egg, 2 tbsp Ranch
D: 1/2 pork steak or 4 ribs
S: 3 tbsp whipped cream or 1 cheese stick
I'm not hungry so is this small amount of food going to work?? I don't feel like I'm starving myself at all. My scale finally dropped 2 lbs this morning. I think the weight came off because of low calorie intake not necessarily "Atkins induction". I guess it doesn't matter as long as it's working, right? I know exercise would make a dent in things but just can't seem to get motivated after work and can't even consider morning workouts. I just wanted to hear your opinions on the amount I'm eating.
Bonny-Jean is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2013, 06:34 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /148 / 138
ALSO

Forgot to mention that I also went from 3 cups of coffee in the morning to 1 cup of decaf with Splenda and watered down whipping cream!!!
Old 10-12-2013, 06:46 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susan41
Stats: 243/202/?
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 4th 2013 sugar first, then LC august 25th
I do this fairly often actually, it's appetite suppression that comes with ketosis, enjoy it. You will get hungry and have hungrier days again no worries, the key is eating intuitively and when you actually do have a day when you're ravenous to not go off on a big cheat or binge by listening to your body on when it's actually full.
susan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SuzanneM
Stats: 155/127/125
WOE: LC
A quick look at your menu, I'd say you are at about 800 cals, which is ok for initial weight loss, You can try and plug your food into one of the calorie counters, which will give you your % of fat,carbs,protein.

Embrace the good fats, don't water down your heavy cream, its good calories and more fat will keep you satiated. I have 2 cups of coffee with 4 tbs of heavy cream every morning, and it holds me until about 1-2pm. I can't eat in the mornings.

Take a look at the HFLC threads, (High Fat, Low Carb) threads or the board, lost of good tips and help.
SuzanneM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kittycatmom
Stats: 184/159/150
WOE: Low carb, high fat, moderate protein / gluten free
Start Date: August 2013
I agree with the ladies above. I had many days after I was Keto adapted where I was eating 800-1000 calories a day and was completely satisfied. I didn't set out to eat that few, but I use a tracker and it counts calories as well as carbs.

As the weeks went on, my appetite improved and I naturally went up to eating 1200-1400 calories a day. My goal weight is 150, so I feel comfortable at this level.

Definitely don't water down your heavy cream--I regularly drink 4 cups of tea a day with a tablespoon of cream in each. It keeps my appetite at bay on my hungrier days, and after 2 cups in the AM, I don't begin eating for the day until 2 PM.

Listen to your body and find the levels you can lose and feel best at. It takes a little tinkering, but it's worth it. Good luck!
Kittycatmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
First of all great that you lost 2 lbs . The amount of food you are eating however is too little. On 800 cals you cannot get the nutrition you need especially the fat that you need to maintain ketosis . I know how tempting it is to try and speed up the process ,been there done that . Your body is also healing though. If you are not losing it may well have a reason for not allowing it.
Deliberately cutting your food to this level on a daily basis will also be counter productive psychologically and could produce you a "hang it all moment " This needs to be a sustainable way of life as you are in this for the long haul. Good luck.

[SIZE="1"CMy journal : http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...626-50-go.html

Everything and nothing is poison. The amount alone decides whether it becomes a poison or not -Paracelsus[/SIZE]
Aleina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks everyone. Firstly, I can' believe I switched to decaf and didn't get the shakes or even a headache! Secondly, I tried coffee with heavy cream. Yuck. The only way I can take the cream is to water it down cause I like a pretty milky coffee but thank you for the advice. No worries I guess about the low cal thing cause if I feel unwell I will eat. No problem there. LOL. I believe in health over looks and I'm surprisingly healthy for being 80 lbs over weight.... oh, actually 68 lbs now. Whoo-hoo! Thanks again and good luck to you all with your journeys. God Bless.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:18 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Well, after being stuck I decided to lower my food intake. I've gone to:
B: 1 egg 3 bacon
L: cup of greens, onion, 1/2 egg, 2 tbsp Ranch
D: 1/2 pork steak or 4 ribs
S: 3 tbsp whipped cream or 1 cheese stick
I'm not hungry so is this small amount of food going to work?? I don't feel like I'm starving myself at all. My scale finally dropped 2 lbs this morning. I think the weight came off because of low calorie intake not necessarily "Atkins induction". I guess it doesn't matter as long as it's working, right? I know exercise would make a dent in things but just can't seem to get motivated after work and can't even consider morning workouts. I just wanted to hear your opinions on the amount I'm eating.
I can't do whipping cream in my coffee either, but I do half and half. Still higher fat than milk and definitely lower carb. My .02...I'd eat the whole egg at lunch.

Atkins said to eat if you're hungry and don't eat if you're not. Sounds like that's what you're doing. Don't get too hung up on the calories. For the last 2 months, my calories have run the gamut from 900 to 1500 and it all depended on how hungry I was that day.

Won't get into the whole exercise debate, except to say it's good for a lot of things, but not necessarily for speeding up weight loss...or even helping with weight loss...for a number of reasons. If you feel good about exercising and want to do it, go for it...but if you don't want to, then don't.

You said you think the weight is coming off because of the low calories instead of it being Atkins induction. I wouldn't even let your mind go in that direction. They've done studies showing that people who immediately cut their calories back to under 1000 actually lost less weight over the same 6 month period as those who went on 1200 calories. When you drop your calories (or increase your activity and burn more calories) too drastically all at once from what you were taking in/putting out, your body will just become very efficient at conserving whatever you do take in. So my guess would be that it's Atkins induction and not the super low calories.

Type 2 controlled by low carb diet <25gm carbs and and controlled protein.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Awesome. Thanks y'all!!