Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   What's for breakfast?? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/814442-whats-breakfast.html)

HaleysNana 10-10-2013 05:08 AM

What's for breakfast??

DH and I have decided that we derail every time we start eating LC because we get bored with eggs for breakfast. Sooooo, I need your help in coming up with some good alternatives, please!!

batlou 10-10-2013 05:31 AM

Minute Muffin (Egg, 1 packet splenda, 1/4 TS Baking Powder and about a tablespoon of flax). Microwave for about 1 minute and slather in butter.

Still uses eggs but I like Bacon or Sausage taco's. Fry an egg(over hard) insert bacon or sausage, cheese and salsa and fold like a taco. They are pretty messy but very tasty.

GailyGail 10-10-2013 06:42 AM

There is a Mock Danish recipe that is supposed to be terrific -- I think you can find it on Linda Sue's site. Also, Netrition has a bunch of low carb muffin baking mixes too. You can also make a low carb smoothie with protein powder, berries, cream and Splenda. And depending on how many carbs you can eat, you can also make a parfait with berries and Greek yogurt.

theredhead 10-10-2013 06:51 AM

It's another egg recipe, but I think a quiche is nice. You can add so many different things in. I like broccoli and bacon. Good luck with your re-start. I remember you from years ago. I think I have your Carbquik biscuit recipe somewhere.

HaleysNana 10-10-2013 06:58 AM

Thanks everyone! Yes the Carbquik biscuit recipe is mine...need to order some more of that! We're trying to do as low-processed as possible, but those biscuits sure were good with sausage in the mornings!

Love&Luck 10-10-2013 07:11 AM

I rarely eat eggs for breakfast unless it's the weekend. Some of what I typically bring to work:

tuna salad
meat/cheese roll ups
salmon/cream cheese roll ups
chicken salad
flax seed muffins
bacon and cheddar slices
leftovers (pot roast and pulled pork are favorites for breakfast)

Ylodazy 10-10-2013 07:20 AM

Bacon and asparagus :)

RhondaC 10-10-2013 09:18 AM

My normal breakfast is a chocolate peanut butter Atkins meal bar, with a cup of coffee with HWC.

Occasionally I'll have eggs and bacon, but I get sick of eggs really quick.

Sometimes I'll have cheese cubes with a couple slices of cold meat, like ham or salami.

shawneesioux 10-10-2013 09:30 AM

cheese stick, radishes, and nuts + coffee
Greek yogurt w/berries
leftover meats
I actually prefer standard breakfast foods for dinner~ like big fat stuffed omelets

millergirl1976 10-10-2013 09:47 AM

There are two really great recipes in the recipe forum- one is for cream cheese muffins, and the other is for grain free foccacia bread. They both make terrific breakfast choices.

Katy 10-10-2013 10:01 AM

Cream Cheese Pancakes with sugar free Davinci pancake syrup

Almond milk smoothies. I have one I like that's spinach and avocado. Another that is strawberry.

KeirasMom 10-10-2013 11:09 AM

I was never one for typical breakfast foods anyway, so my breakfasts were often leftovers from dinner.

Key Tones 10-10-2013 01:32 PM

Stir fry some broccoli in butter, garlic, and ginger (these can be purchased in tubes in the refrigerated section by produce), when that is done, then cook your eggs in there.

evas 10-10-2013 01:48 PM

Think outside the (breakfast foods) box. You can eat whatever you want, no need to be restricted by a certain "type" of food! When I do eat breakfast (which is rare now that I drink BP coffee) it's usually leftovers from the night before.

DiamondDeb 10-10-2013 03:01 PM

I really should try some new breakfast ideas. There are some pancake recipes using almond meal, etc.

But I am lucky; I have never in my life been tired of eggs. That makes it easy to be lazy about breakfast.

cfine 10-10-2013 06:07 PM

I never get tired of eggs. On occasion I will mix it up though, and have an egg cream shake.

Mistizoom 10-10-2013 06:13 PM

Low carb sausage gravy, served over low carb biscuits if you like
Atkins shake

llisarray 10-10-2013 06:27 PM

I have a new concoction....if you have a problem with texture, this is NOT for you..lol !!
2 Tbls flax meal soaked in 5 Tbls water for 2 mins
2 Tbls chia seed gel
1 1/2 oz cream cheese, softened
2 tsp butter, softened with the cream cheese
Sweetener and flavoring to taste
Put in a bowl and microwave about 2 mins

greengeeny 10-11-2013 06:10 AM

I'm having Linda Sue's mock danish right now with a cup of Swiss Miss diet hot cocoa :) It isn't exactly danish, but it's pretty darn tasty!!!!

cleochatra 10-11-2013 06:13 AM

I eat leftovers usually as omelets, but today, I'm going right for the hand-stuffed smoked country sausage and sauteed peppers and onions.

Julie1972 10-11-2013 09:44 AM

I often have coffee/cream and low carb Hi-Lo cereal with almond milk. I get the cereal online from netrition.com. It is yummy and only 6g net carbs per serving.

SHinOK 10-11-2013 11:59 AM

Had an oldie but goody: CJ's Breakfast Pudding:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-question.html

And yes, I eat the whole thing. Two servings? Be serious! :)

I stir in some coconut oil or butter to up the fat content. Love this recipe, though. I triple or quadruple it and divide it up in single serving sizes so I can grab, nuke and take to work. Delicious! And SOOOO filling! Perfect if you're missing hot cereal.

Punkin 10-12-2013 04:46 AM

Here is a basic low carb tea biscuit recipe. You have to experiment with adding spices and fat to make them taste better. I dip mine in a butter sauce or nut sauce because I don't mind them a bit boring. They have 0 net carbs and 0 calories, in the basic form.

1/4 c. oat fiber
3/4 tsp baking powder
dash salt
2 tsp psyllium husks
water

Mix dry ingredients and then combine with just enough water to form into balls. Put into individual silicone baking cups. Allow 10 minutes to gel. Nuke for at least 1 minute, and 30s intervals afterwards. Allow 10 minutes cooling time.

You might have to play around with the ratios a bit and the nuking time to get them to where you like them. Oat fiber flour doesn't have much taste but it is 0 net carbs which helps if you are VLC. You can also mix it with other flours or fat to give it a bit more flavour.

Katy 10-12-2013 12:54 PM

we had coconut flour blueberry muffins this morning. My local grocery store had it for 3.34 a pound in the bulk section and I really like it in baked goods.

BumbleStang 10-12-2013 04:10 PM

During the week at work I have a cup of greek yogurt splashed with a cap full of whichever Torani sugar-free syrup I feel like having that day (22 gms of protein/9 carbs for the yogurt I usually buy from Trader Joes), and some sausage patties for 10 to 12 grams more protein (usually turkey sausage but I found some veggie sausage patties at Costco that have 10 grams of protein PER PATTY! And are pretty tasty to boot). Sometimes I'll devil some eggs and have those instead of either the yogurt or sausage.

Lately on the weekends I've been making "French Toast" with a low-carb tortilla, I dip the tortilla in an egg/vanilla/pumpkin-pie spice mixture and cook it. (I've also made French Toast out of oopsie bread, which is even lower carb.) Once it's done I put butter, a little bit of cream cheese and a tiny drop of sugar-free jelly on it, fold it up and let those meld together while I cook a side of scrambled eggs with turkey sausage crumbles folded in and topped with 1/2 piece of a Tillamook cheddar slice. Today I had some leftover cilantro from last night's dinner so I tossed that in the eggs as well.

Yum... I love weekend breakfasts! :jumpjoy:

Ntombi 10-12-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evas (Post 16638392)
Think outside the (breakfast foods) box. You can eat whatever you want, no need to be restricted by a certain "type" of food! When I do eat breakfast (which is rare now that I drink BP coffee) it's usually leftovers from the night before.

Same here. I don't limit myself to specific "breakfast" or "dinner" foods for specific meals!

For the last ten days, I've had steak for brunch. Whatever sounds good is what I have. :)

TooSweetForMe 10-12-2013 06:03 PM

For the last few days I've had leftover chicken breast with a salad and a hollowed out grands jr biscuits. I love me some biscuits and my mom eats these (fully stuffed) with tomatoes and mayonnaise. I give her the stuffing out of my 1 biscuit - my BGL is usually under 100 2 hrs pp breakfast and the chicken breast keeps me feeling full for a while.

luckymuma 10-12-2013 06:16 PM

My breakfast is the same every day...stove top made coffee, HWC and Norbu sweetener. Keeps me going till lunchtime :) just the one cup. I drink lots of water in between, then have lunch about 4hrs later

RoseofSharon 10-12-2013 06:54 PM

I've found breakfast is the perfect time for veggies! We make big batches of chard and keep it in the fridge. In the morning it is easy to heat a bowl of chard, and top with whatever protein is around...sometimes a fried egg but often some sliced sausage, leftover chicken or steak. This gives me fantastic energy and keeps me going for hours.

NurseChef 10-12-2013 08:14 PM

Breakfast

I have been on Atkins for 3 weeks now. Pants are loose, I look and feel better.
So for me I do not have hang ups about a particular meal. For me I can enjoy a Mexican take on Fajitas or a stir fry for Breakfast and maybe add a very unusual idea, a Breakfast salad.
I do not need to stick with traditional foods at all but I do see many people concoct all kinds of Quiche which is also a nice way to vary those egg Breakfasts and take the boring out of the mealtime.
My concern is just move the scale numbers because the rules are easy peasy.:up: