Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pblover
Start Date: 23 sept 2013 monday
What are your daily meals?

New to this site and just wanted to see what your daily meals are like from breakfast, lunch, dinner. and also pre workout and post workout snacks! please comment below i have run out of ideas on what to eat and i always have to eat some fruit for energy before my workouts otherwise ill feel blahh... and i heard that you need carbs after workout is that right?
pblover is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
No, you don't need carbs after a workout, but if you're new to eating low carb, your body is still adjusting. If you keep eating fruit or other high carb items, you'll never give your body the time to adjust, and you'll always feel lousy. If you give yourself several weeks of staying completely LC, you'll almost certainly find that as your body becomes keto-adapted, you will not have that blah feeling, and you'll have plenty of energy for your workout. But you have to just push through. Or else keep eating carby foods. But if you're trying to be in a state of ketosis, you don't be doing yourself any favors in the long run.

to the board! There are daily threads where people post their daily menus, and they go back months! Here are a couple to get you started. But just keep looking back on the page.

It's Wednesday! What are you eating today?

It's Monday! What are you eating today?

It's Tuesday! What are you eating?
bought scale 9-7-02: 318/259.6/180?

Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (and other conditions) Summer 2005 after years of misdiagnoses--> food plan went out the window!
Restarted--again--January 3, 2013.

Last edited by Ntombi; 10-10-2013 at 12:17 AM..
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:50 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Punkin
Stats: 160/95/100
WOE: NK or LC
No technically you don't need carbs after a workout, like Ntombi said. Your muscles will eventually replace their glycogen stores on their own. If you aren't eating carbs, your body will generate glycogen from fats and proteins. However, it is a slower process. I workout once a day but I when I was on a high carb diet, it was 2 to 3 times a day. And the workouts were high intensity. I can't do that anymore but I also am not a competitive athlete anymore. You can easily do a normal type of workout once a day and be on a ketogenic diet, without supplementing with carbs. It may take some time, like a few weeks until your body gets used to it, but it is possible.
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 166.6/146.8/135<- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 3/31/14
There is always a daily thread here- Its Thursday! What are you eating today? for almost every day of the week.

Go back through and read some of those- you will get a great idea of what an average day looks like.
millergirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:06 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntombi View Post
No, you don't need carbs after a workout, but if you're new to eating low carb, your body is still adjusting. If you keep eating fruit or other high carb items, you'll never give your body the time to adjust, and you'll always feel lousy. If you give yourself several weeks of staying completely LC, you'll almost certainly find that as your body becomes keto-adapted, you will not have that blah feeling, and you'll have plenty of energy for your workout.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Yesterday...I had...

B~MOCK DANISH - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes, homemade iced coffee
L~Zucchini boats stuffed w/ cream cheese, mozzarella and chopped pepperoni,A-1 Best Cheesecake - LowCarbFriends Recipes
D~Filet steak pan seared and topped with salad shrimp and 2 tbsp of pace queso cheese
S~2 of these bad boys!! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l-my-life.html
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Heh...forgot to respond to the original question. I happily get into ruts with my meals. Now that I've had the carbs out of my system since last January 1, meals have pretty much become something I do because I have to. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy them, but I don't spend as much time thinking about them.

Breakfast is usually eggs or eggs and bacon or BPC with 2 Tbs kerrygold butter.
Lunch 2-3 eggs (deviled with mayo), salad with eggs and ham and blue cheese dressing, cheeseburger or chicken salad with mayo on lettuce. Dinner is usually some type of protein pan fried, grilled or roasted along with steamed or oven roasted vegies with butter or vinagrette.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:52 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pblover View Post
New to this site and just wanted to see what your daily meals are like from breakfast, lunch, dinner. and also pre workout and post workout snacks! please comment below i have run out of ideas on what to eat and i always have to eat some fruit for energy before my workouts otherwise ill feel blahh... and i heard that you need carbs after workout is that right?
From time to time we list our menus to give each other ideas. Find the latest here:
Time To Come Baaaaaaaack!

My after work-out snack is a cup of Hood low carb chocolate milk....I know, I know, it has Splenda but I love it and it hits the spot.
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote