Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Back to low-carb I go. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/814032-back-low-carb-i-go.html)

VictoriaLynn 10-06-2013 07:34 AM

Back to low-carb I go.

:hiya: I've been posting on and off these boards for a long time. I did low carb successfully almost 10 years ago. and then tried again a few times and failed. I let myself get to 366 lbs and decided enough was enough and started calorie counting. Staying between 1200-1500 calories a day and I lost about 82 lbs from that and giving up all soda. However, I am now stalled and have not lost a single ounce in over a month. Its frustrating, so I am shaking things up and going back to low-carb. I think it will be better for my PCOS anyways. While low calorie helped me in some aspects, it hasn't straightened out my irregularity issues. and I would like to have a baby some day. Hoping I can be just as successful low-carbing this time around as I have doing the low-calorie. I can tell you that I will be happy to have butter on my veggies again! and real cheese, not low fat! and meat! (only got to have really tiny portions with low cal) :steak: Here is my progress thus far from my all time highest weight. I am about 14 lbs smaller than the during pic now...
http://i44.tinypic.com/24zes2e.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/291mek9.png

jhbyrd 10-06-2013 07:41 AM

:welcome:All I can say is WOW what a change!! You look great!!!Glad you are here!!! I bet changing up your plan is going to move that scale!!ANyway good luck and glad you are here!! Lots of good information on this board!!

Jeannie

VictoriaLynn 10-06-2013 07:44 AM

Thank you! I missed posting over here in the ML. I didn't when I was on low-cal well because this is for low-carbing! I'm also hoping that this will help me get off my blood pressure pills. I take 3 of them and I dont want to have to take meds anymore :)

susan41 10-06-2013 07:52 AM

Welcome back! Can't wait to watch your progress on the boards and see how your shake up works out!

VictoriaLynn 10-06-2013 07:56 AM

Thanks :) My next mini goal is to get under 250! I know with all the support I have here and my support group on the PG I will get there!

BecBelle 10-06-2013 08:10 AM

Howdy, I am PCOS person myself. :shake: Congrats on all the hard work and loss!! :) I'm 33 and I was diagnosed 9 years ago, my PCOS is getting worse as I get older. So even if I don't lose weight I have stick to LC if I want any quality of life.

By the way that is an adorable holstein kitty in the background. :love:

QueenBacon 10-06-2013 08:22 AM

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!

Trigger828 10-06-2013 08:47 AM

you will love low carb and lose, lose, lose while eating great satisfying foods.

wonderful pics and great progress so far!!!!!

princessmommy 10-06-2013 08:56 AM

Welcome Back!

girondet 10-06-2013 09:00 AM

Congratulations on your success and best wishes for more losses and finally to your goal!
You look great and like you feel so much better!

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

smoky 10-06-2013 09:51 AM

Welcome back :shake:

snowangel9 10-06-2013 01:43 PM

First off Victoia, :welcome:back! Your progress so far is amazing! Good job! I believe you are right in coming back here. Low calories seems to only go so far. Unless maybe your willing to eat like a rabbit forever. Who wants to do that when you can have yummy meat!? :D Good luck!

Mistizoom 10-06-2013 02:04 PM

Congrats on your success so far! Eating LC has been the best thing I have done for my PCOS. My fasting insulin was cut in half with low carb eating. I plan to eat this way for life, even if I stop losing weight, as it has many health benefits. Keep in mind, calories do still count when eating LC, it's just that with the appetite supression and not eating carbs I don't get hungry very much, so I naturally eat less.

VictoriaLynn 10-06-2013 02:43 PM

Thanks everyone! :)

VictoriaLynn 10-06-2013 03:31 PM

I just think I am way too carb sensitive. I was losing well eating low calorie but eating like 220 carbs a day! My PCOS is not loving that many carbs. and while my blood pressure has lowered I can't seem to get it past high-normal. (137/85 is typical but that is with 3 meds!) so hopefully this will work.

susan1030 10-06-2013 03:58 PM

Hi there! We are neighbors! I see you are in Henrico; we live in Mechanicsville!
Glad to see you back "on the wagon"!!!!:) I am the same way; back and forth, on and off LC. On again for me too. Would love to support you in your efforts. Look forward to getting to know you! :welcome:

Moonlights 10-06-2013 08:56 PM

I'm PCOS too and LC is the only way that makes me feel human. Daily flax helps lower bp, too. Mine is naturally low and I have to watch it doesn't get -too- low on LC.

shelby'snana 10-06-2013 09:51 PM

You are doing great ! Love the pics ! :)

Patlaf 10-07-2013 12:55 AM

:welcome: It's good to see you posting again Victoria. You're looking very good and I can't wait to see your next progress picture.

Pat

eagle eye 10-07-2013 02:38 AM

I truly admire the progress that you have made. :welcome: Low calorie isn't for me either.

LolaGetz 10-07-2013 04:22 AM

:goodpost:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonlights (Post 16633324)
I'm PCOS too and LC is the only way that makes me feel human. Daily flax helps lower bp, too. Mine is naturally low and I have to watch it doesn't get -too- low on LC.

Thanks for the info about flax seed and blood pressure. I sometimes add it to my
morning omelet but have done so irregularly. I think I'll start adding it consistently and add it my lunchtime/dinner soup as well.

VictoriaLynn 10-07-2013 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susan1030 (Post 16632973)
Hi there! We are neighbors! I see you are in Henrico; we live in Mechanicsville!
Glad to see you back "on the wagon"!!!!:) I am the same way; back and forth, on and off LC. On again for me too. Would love to support you in your efforts. Look forward to getting to know you! :welcome:

Cool! We really are practically neighbors. I was just in Mechanicsville yesterday!

VictoriaLynn 10-07-2013 05:23 AM

Thanks everyone for the support. Another thing I'm looking forward to is not being hungry all the time. I'm trying not to knock low calorie too much because I know it works and know people that its really helped but I was hungry all the time. I'm a little apprehensive at going back to low carb just because I did so well with low calorie but I know that's what I need to do for my body so I'm going to do it. :)

trishthedish 10-07-2013 07:16 AM

Welcome to the LC side of things! You look fantastic with the progress youíve already made.:clap:

I have found that I must eat LC for my PCOS, my binging, my intense hunger/cravings, my depression/anxiety, and for steady weight loss.
Every time I try to go the higher carb/lower calorie route I end up on a carb bender and my body suffers the consequences.

I am re-Inducting today after a week or so of carb binging and my body aches, my head is fuzzy, and my appetite is ferocious. I canít wait to be back in ketosis!

Good luck as you cut the carbs and continue your journey!

cfine 10-07-2013 04:40 PM

Welcome back to LC. This is the only way for me to stay sane and lose weight.

luckymuma 10-07-2013 05:14 PM

Welcome back here :) I have 'mild PCOS' mild in terms of I actually do get periods now, in my early 20s I was awfully irregular, hairy, acne etc. having babies has helped me, but with all but one, I needed metformin to make them 'stick'. I wish I had done low carb properly with my last two pregnancies :(
Once you get the low calorie thoughts out of your mind, and fall in love with fat again, you will soar! I am loving low carbing this time round, seeing very real results. While I don't think it's a good idea to keep 'failing' at low carb, for me it has been good in a way, because I now feel that I've read more, I understand it better and I am actually to follow the way of eating that suits my body instead of a plan that someone else has made up. This time I feel all my needs are being met food wise, and I'm not obsessing over numbers like I did in the past if that makes sense.

Looking forward to following your progress!