Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Egg/meat fast? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/813385-egg-meat-fast.html)

seaofsand 10-03-2013 09:10 PM

Egg/meat fast?

I started eating LC again at the end of June. Three months in, and I've lost fourteen pounds. I'm still in the same jeans, and it's frustrating. I know that fourteen pounds isn't terrible, but I just wish I could get it moving a little faster. I've read about people doing a meat/egg fast to get things moving. I'm going out of town in two weeks, and I would love to be able to lose a few more pounds before then and maybe fit into my old jeans.

Has anyone tried this and had luck? I am planning on starting tomorrow. Eggs, meat, and fat for me for the next few days. I'm hoping to see some pounds go before my trip.

rubidoux 10-03-2013 09:56 PM

Yes! It did great things for me! I wasn't losing at all on induction, after the water loss, but lost about 10 pounds per month eating only meat and egg. I also had heavy whipping cream in my coffee.

christina6281 10-03-2013 10:03 PM

I have coffee with HWC in the morning and then for lunch and dinner I have omlettes. Most of the time it has bacon in it but today it will be pounded out round steak. Sometimes I even put some pepperoni in them and mushrooms. But usually I just stick to meat. I was not losing either so I went to this and I have lost 4 lbs. I don't put any cheese in them and they are still yummy and fill me up.

seaofsand 10-04-2013 06:48 PM

Thanks for the feedback, rubidoux and christina6281. I started my egg/meat fast today. So far so good. I did have a slice of cheese earlier today with my lunch, but that is the only cheese I am going to have for the next few days. Other than that, I had a 1/2 pound burger with no bun for lunch, and four eggs with butter and sausage for dinner. I'll weigh either tomorrow morning or Sunday morning and see how things are going.

rubidoux 10-04-2013 08:21 PM

I hope it works well for you!

Trigger828 10-05-2013 07:20 AM

YES! I always lose very well when I do meat and eggs for about 2-3-4 days straight. great way to shake it up and it is easy for me to eat this way. love meat and eggs so it works well and I can do it for a limited time before veggies call my name.

good luck!!!!

Maria527 10-05-2013 08:12 AM

Yes, meat and eggs does wonders. You can do it! Can't wait to hear about your results.

seaofsand 10-07-2013 07:20 PM

Well, I've been on meat and eggs since Friday, and I'm down a pound. I'm also sitting here in the jeans I've been wanting to wear for so long. So, something is working. The jeans are a little snug, but I think they will be comfortable by the time I leave for my trip in twelve days.

Put it this way. A year ago, I couldn't even get these jeans buttoned. Now I'm sitting here wearing them. Progress!!

seaofsand 10-09-2013 02:03 PM

Today I'm down another two pounds. I'm gradually adding back a few vegetables and a little dairy, because eggs and meat get boring pretty quickly. But I'm very happy with the results and might do it again before I go out of town.

LolaGetz 10-09-2013 02:49 PM

just a question about these sorts of fasts

How do you cover your nutrient requirements? I assume you may take vitamin supplements and if you do, which do you take? I've been basically focusing on meat and eggs but adding a little dairy [HWC and a small amount of cheese] plus greens and a very small amount of pumpkin. Even with this regimen I've been concerned about nutrient balance so I've started taking supplements even though I'm not a strong proponent, having always thought it better to obtain nutrients from real food. What do all of you do?

easwann 10-13-2013 09:35 PM

Dr. A always suggested taking vitamins even while on his regular diet, so definitely while doing the meat and egg fast. Plus I don't think this fast was meant to be done for more than a few days . If you are eating meat, eggs and greens and pumpkin it sounds like you are doing his original '72 induction diet. Good luck with this!

Maryposa 10-13-2013 11:15 PM

In case any of you are interested in a regular meat/egg support thread, there is one in "other plans". http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...meat-eggs.html

To share my personal experience with the meat and egg fast... Before my WLS I tried every variation of low carb including 8 weeks of meat and egg fast. Didn't lose a single pound. At that point the only thing that worked was the fat fast @ 1000 cals 90% fat. I was extremely insulin resistant.

Aomiel 10-14-2013 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofsand (Post 16629430)
Has anyone tried this and had luck? I am planning on starting tomorrow. Eggs, meat, and fat for me for the next few days. I'm hoping to see some pounds go before my trip.

Works for some and not for others. I'm one of the 'others'. I did an egg fast (2 scrambled for breakfast, 3 deviled for lunch, 3 scrambled for dinner) for 5 days. Didn't lose even one pound. On the plus side, it did clear out some little cravings I was starting to have so it wasn't a total loss. :D

Midlyfechrysalis 10-14-2013 03:53 PM

Yea, that is fairly slow loss and I understand why you'd be frustrated. I can't tell if you are male or female.

If you are female, it might help to remind yourself that there are "more pounds" in the larger female sizes. Sizes 18, 20, etc. all "cover" a range of over 20 pounds. It can take a large loss before you drop sizes.

When the sizes get smaller, there are less pounds involved. The difference between a size 4 and size 6, for example, could be as little as 5 pounds.

seaofsand 10-14-2013 07:17 PM

Hi, midly. Thanks for the tip about sizes. What you said makes sense, and it does make me feel better. I'm a woman, and I feel like I've been stuck in a size 20 for ages. But gradually my clothes are getting looser. I'm in a smaller bra now and I can fit into my size 18 jeans, though they're still snug. Thanks for the reminder that sizes aren't going to drop rapidly.