LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinmarie
Stats: 137/118/ 110
WOE: Modified Atkins/ vlc/frankenfood free
Start Date: last start 8/11, restart 7/28/13
Attn : Maintaners. What's your plan

While I have a very few lbs left to lose it appears for a variety of reasons that I need to focus on maintenance at least for the time being. I plan to step up my exercising, do some toning etc... But I'm terrified of gaing every ounce back so I'm looking into different plans to maintain. What works for you?
erinmarie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shipshemom
Stats: 131/110 (5'0)
WOE: VLC/Maintenance
Start Date: Jan., 2011
I eat around 20g carbs/day. I do not count calories. I mainly eat meat, eggs, cheese, low carb veggies, nuts & occasionally fruit. I swapped my lunch/dinner meal to a bigger lunch & a lighter supper which is usually a small salad. I go off plan occasionally, but always go right back to low carb. I weigh myself daily, which keeps me aware of how my food intake affects my weight...this keeps me on track against re-gain. I consider this is my permanent WOE not a diet
shipshemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

As do I . I feel that I am losing a bit rapidly and it hasn't been great for my health. In general on my other low carb adventures, I have hit this point and just quit. You know what that means... The eventual regaining of the ounces and then pounds over the course of months and years. I really don't want to do that again. I am thinking of doing my usual strict low carb but alternating with days that are more carby... Veggies and meat/ protoen based mostly. Occasional cheats when planned or unavoidable. And of course continuing consuming high quality fats. Like carb cycling but without carb loading... Not really sure what to do. Honestly.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/212/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
Or you could just add more fat.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

I have noticed the more fat I eat the less appetite lately but I will give it a try
Old 10-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/148.6/?
WOE: lc
Erin
Judging from your avatar pic you look absolutely great and probably don't need to lose anymore? You might be one of those people who loses just a bit more even though they are trying to maintain.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much. It's a really good angle lol. My husband who took the pic couldn't believe it haha but no I DON'T need to keep losing at this clip. I am making my self sick. I just don't really know how to not GAIN either. I had a carby day. Nothing nuts and low calorie but I feel awful and bloated ( 2 tbs crust less apple crumble and 1 cup rice) already. I worked hard to drop these 20 - 25 lbs and want to keep it off. I wonder if Juddd maintenance phase is an option. I know myself. And I need to stick to a plan of some sort. was wondering if there's a thread or link to maintenance menus or plans?
Old 10-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

My 110 goal is almost certainly both unhealthy and unrealistic for a 31 year old mother of 4. I think I get unhealthy at 115 or under and I have to come to terms with that reality. I'm just a smudge under 5'3" . I have a perfectionism issue!
Old 10-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinmarie View Post
Thanks so much. It's a really good angle lol. My husband who took the pic couldn't believe it haha but no I DON'T need to keep losing at this clip. I am making my self sick. I just don't really know how to not GAIN either. I had a carby day. Nothing nuts and low calorie but I feel awful and bloated ( 2 tbs crust less apple crumble and 1 cup rice) already. I worked hard to drop these 20 - 25 lbs and want to keep it off. I wonder if Juddd maintenance phase is an option. I know myself. And I need to stick to a plan of some sort. was wondering if there's a thread or link to maintenance menus or plans?
I think JUDDD maintenance is awesome, but I'm biased. I keep trying different plans for maintenance, and they all seem to work just fine, but I end up returning to JUDDD because it works and it's enjoyable. You could check out the JUDDD board here, but there aren't any specific "maintenance" menus or plans, because nothing's off limits, and we're all very different on how we approach our meals--it's just about calories, not specific foods.

The biggest thing I find with maintaining is just staying on top of it. If you go back to eating without any regard for calories, or carbs, or whatever it is you need to limit, you'll end up overweight again. I weigh daily and track my food daily. For me, it's just part of life. If I want to stay thin, it's something I have to do.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
I'm losing again, but I've kept all regains at bay with Atkins, essentially. I do well with about 35 net carbs if I'm being sedentary, and around 1800-2000 calories. I avoid grains and sugar and most fruit - voila
Arctic_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Yes I ended up having a small amount of rice and apples yesterday and felt pretty terrible and have been cravy and hungry all day so dropping low carb is clearly not an option. I'm gonna go with it for now and just see how it plays out. Stricter carb days alternating with more liberal days... Definitely staying away from pastas breads and rice for a very long time if not permanently. Sugar does all sorts of unpleasant things to me and the waistline is the least of it
Old 10-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Punkin
Stats: 160/95/100
WOE: NK or LC
You look amazing! I wouldn't worry about the number on the scale. Focus on eating in a way that reduces "false" hunger and keeps you satiated on the correct number of calories/day. For example I know my daily requirement is around 1450/day, so I eat 5 small meals with a larger one just before before bed to balance out the calories. It does help to eat just a bit more than you think you should, just to help identify "false" hunger cues. I personally don't count carbs, just choose low carb foods. Examples such as nuts/cheese/high fat dairy and stay away from the carby foods. I eat some veggies but not that often. For some people it is also important to get enough fibre to remain satiated. Salads with high fat dressings are great, but you can also get creative and start baking with fibre supplements such as glucomannan powder and oat fibre.

Anyways, good luck, maintenance is a lot of experimentation until you get a diet that will work for you. It is a lot tougher than losing because you expect to be hungry. On maintenance you shouldn't be overeating. So if you are, there is something wrong with your nutrition plan.
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
I've been thinking of how i'm going to do maintance too. I'm 7 lbs away from my goal of 135. I Do know i'll be watching the scale like a hawk and Still be LC! LC is my way of Life now!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote