LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: marieze
Stats: 376/199/180
WOE: My way low carb!
Start Date: July 11th 2003
Atkins Pasta?

Just received my online "newsletter" of sorts and was blown away that Atkins is now selling their own Penne pasta with only 19 NET CARBS PER SERVING!!!

Really? All wheat and wheat gluten! I personally do not follow Atkins but if memory serves me correct 19 grams of carb is pretty much ones' total allotment of carbs for the day...maybe just on induction.

But with all we keep learning about nutrition, why on earth would they want to introduce a product like this....isn't it also about health, not just weight loss? How about a nice eggplant parmeason or chicken kiev?

I'm just REALLY blown away and it makes me feel badly for the late Dr. Atkins...I hardly believe for one moment he would approve!
marieze is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/164.4/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
No, sadly Atkins is no longer our Atkins. The corporation has become all about money and appealing to the masses, and not at all about what Dr. Atkins was trying to teach us.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/1/2010
Dr Atkins did not believe wheat was bad...he just said it should be the last item added back into our diet because it causes cravings and stalls...from what I read he wanted us to try to add everything back in once we made it to maintenance...It has been since reading Wheat Belly that I personally will not be adding many wheat products back...and for me they cause intense cravings.
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
Hadn't heard that. But it doesn't surprise me either. What does it that it took them this long to do that. I wonder if dreamsfields is going out of business or just lost the patent on their product. I've seen an ad for pasta made from almond flour. That sounds interesting to me.

I agree with Iterry too. Atkins never said wheat was bad. I think we forget he hasn't been here for the changes that have come about. i.e., how bad wheat allergies have gotten & the press it's getting.

Don't you think I'd he were here to write a new book it would reflect what's going now? I'd love to be able to read it!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skinni
It makes me feel kind of good to realize that any newbies who stumble in here will read 4 out of 5 threads telling them that this isn't what the REAL Dr. Atkins would say. Yay.

(It makes me think of some religious fanatics going on about whether their prophet would approve of the church now. Hahaha!)
skinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/206/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
On their website it says it is only for people in Phase 4 (Maintenance). I wouldn't touch it even then, but for people who have climbed the carb ladder and are successful in Atkins maintenance I suppose there could be a place for it.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote