Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   how do you drink your coffee? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/812480-how-do-you-drink-your-coffee.html)

jseymour1591 09-18-2013 08:05 AM

how do you drink your coffee?

Before I started eating low carb I ALWAYS had starbucks!! I loved frappuccinos with a shot of espresso!:heart: I work right next to Starbucks also..which was not good on my wallet lol. I have been recently getting a tall iced coffee with 2 splenda, heavy whipping cream, and sugar free vanilla syrup its $2.10 with tax and with my gold card I get free refills. I was just wondering some things to try in my coffee, because lately I cant function without it! I don't own a coffee pot because everything I have attempted to make a pot of coffee it doesn't taste too pleasant.. if I could make a good pot of coffee I would like to buy a coffee maker

:D

vanilla_latte 09-18-2013 08:26 AM

Get a Keurig! Not only is it easy to use, there's countless flavors in both the K-cups and ground flavors. Just watch for any carb counts that a sparse few may have. This is the only way I can get a cup of coffee that's perfect! :D

momov2boys 09-18-2013 08:51 AM

Nespresso Capsules! Best at home coffee, ever !!!

5 oz coffee w/CO and H&H
At least two, every morning

:)

DiamondDeb 09-18-2013 07:11 PM

I add a little bit of stevia extract powder & that is it. When out I order my coffee black or Americano & add my own stevia.

For years I said I could not make a good cup of coffee. Then I got a job with an hour commute & I learned out of necessity! :laugh:

I love my Keurig & use it almost every day. I use my own flavored coffees though. I have never bought K-Cups; they are expensive & bad for the environment.

Punkin 09-19-2013 02:08 AM

I had to cut out dairy to make room for more fat in my diet. I have a keurig and do a vanilla hazelnut on the 10oz setting. Then I add 1/2 tsp of coconut oil and 1/4 tsp of butter and then froth it for a few seconds in a blender. It is like having a tbsn of cream in a coffee but more LC friend. However at starbucks I don't think they can do something like that. Last time I just asked for an expresso in a regular cup and added a cup of coconut milk (actually an unsweetened coconut beverage not water). It wasn't hot but it tasted good and didn't violate the LC rules.

synger 09-19-2013 05:10 AM

I use a drip machine, and Gevalia coffee. I rotate among the hazelnut flavored and the dark roast at home, where I drink it with cream (I also add stevia to the hazelnut at times).

At work I use a Columbian coffee (also from Gevalia) that is very smooth and I can drink it without cream. Sometimes I put a piece of cinnamon bark in the carafe to make cinnamon coffee (and re-use the bark a couple times).

KeirasMom 09-19-2013 08:03 AM

I couldn't function without my Keurig. I'm lucky in that I like black coffee, so I don't have to worry about what goes in it. Synger, that's a great idea about the cinnamon stick.

fun w son 09-19-2013 08:32 AM

Louisiana Community dark roast coffee with 2 sweat n lows!!

CurlsNCuffs 09-19-2013 09:48 AM

HOT!

I don't like Starbucks - taste burnt to me. I do like Dunkin Donuts. I use equal and HWC.

Kaillean 09-19-2013 11:16 AM

When at Starbucks I have a grande breve latte (latte with heavy whipping cream). That's a super calorie dense drink - so has to be a rare treat.

At home, I have one espresso per day with 2 oz HWC and 2 tsp Splenda. It's a 5 carb splurge, but worth it to me. I usually have it in the afternoon as a pick me up treat.

My DH got me a skookum espresso machine a few years ago so I can have Starbucks at home.

trishthedish 09-19-2013 01:45 PM

2 drops of liquid sucralose and 2 TBLS of 1/2 & 1/2

susan41 09-19-2013 02:57 PM

Maxwell house, teaspoon sweet n low, splash hwc
First cup I take the hot spoon from the coffee and scoop out about 1 tablespoon CO and eat it, wash it down with that first drink of coffee. Like a med. I don't like it slicking in my cup lol

seaofsand 09-19-2013 03:34 PM

I'm not loyal to any particular brand. My husband and I just buy whatever is the best deal. I use heavy cream and sometimes a splash of hazelnut or vanilla Torani syrup. I'm not a daily coffee drinker, though. Every now and then I get a craving for it, especially when it's cold outside. If I'm really looking for a treat, sometimes I make coconut whipped cream and add it to the hot coffee. It's delicious. My husband isn't eating low carb, but he loves that whipped cream, too.

micheleredit 09-19-2013 08:30 PM

Black coffee with Coconut oil.

Keeps me full for hours!!!

Dirty Harriet 09-19-2013 08:33 PM

Folger's black silk, with whipping cream and a packet of sweet and low. Two cups are my high fat breakfast!!

jseymour1591 09-20-2013 08:57 AM

I have coconut oil at home I have never thought to try that in coffee!

GO4IT 09-20-2013 09:08 AM

I gotta have my Java Jive in the morn!!

One cup of Keurig coffee of choice ( Southern Pecan this AM ) with 2 T of heavy cream and one package of Stevia. I have been enjoying a cup of decaf by Neumans Own brand in the afternoon but bust down that hwc to 1T.

ueguy1985 09-20-2013 09:33 AM

black, straight up with nothing in it

vanilla_latte 09-20-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jseymour1591 (Post 16612419)
I have coconut oil at home I have never thought to try that in coffee!

Don't forget the butter! Maybe a little cream, too.:yummy:

SlowMovingWoman 09-21-2013 01:00 AM

At home I make Maxwell House French Roast. We have a local coffee shop that beats the heck out of Starbucks coffee in taste. A little cream or half and half, no sweetner, and I'm good to go. SMW

Darkginger 09-21-2013 01:43 AM

Plain black, no sweeteners.

SuzanneM 09-21-2013 07:21 AM

At home, I use TJ's dark roast, buy in the big canister 26oz and grind in the store - splash of 1/2 n 1/2. I don't use any sweetners for anything.

NineOhNine 09-21-2013 02:12 PM

Coconut or chocolate mint-flavored beans brewed in an ancient Mr. Coffee. I put the pot in the refrigerator and make iced coffee with coconut-almond milk, cream, MCT oil, and liquid sucralose.

avid 09-21-2013 02:15 PM

I use a keurig also...Very convenient. I got a little basket thingy from bed bath and deyond that fits into where the kcup would go, but it opens up so you can add your own blend. I do this often because I mix decaf with regular coffee alot.
it's also cheaper than straight kcups.
Only drawback is that it doesn't get the coffee super hot, but I understand the newer models have improved in that regard.

jeaniem 09-21-2013 02:17 PM

Seattles best dark roast no sweetener and 1 tbl. light cream

synger 09-21-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NineOhNine (Post 16613909)
Coconut or chocolate mint-flavored beans brewed in an ancient Mr. Coffee. I put the pot in the refrigerator and make iced coffee with coconut-almond milk, cream, MCT oil, and liquid sucralose.

My husband does something similar. He brews up three pots of flavored coffees (vanilla, hazelnut, etc.) and puts them in a big container in the fridge. He adds sweetener to the whole. Then in the morning, he pours himself a glass-full and adds cream.

micheleredit 09-22-2013 07:02 AM

This morning I just had a pumpkin spice coffee from Trader Joes with 2 tblsp Heavy Whipping Cream.

YUM!!!!!

vanilla_latte 09-23-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avid (Post 16613916)
I use a keurig also...Very convenient. I got a little basket thingy from bed bath and deyond that fits into where the kcup would go, but it opens up so you can add your own blend. I do this often because I mix decaf with regular coffee alot.
it's also cheaper than straight kcups.
Only drawback is that it doesn't get the coffee super hot, but I understand the newer models have improved in that regard.

That's nice to know. We have the single brewer that first came out and I always have to nuke it to get it a little hotter. We're thinking about getting another, but this one is fine and will no doubt last till the end of time. :laugh:

Patience 09-23-2013 08:21 AM

If you don't want or need to buy a coffee maker, purchase a one cup coffee filter holder.
I make coffee this way all the time . . . I boil water and pour through the filter holder (I use the #2 size paper filters). When done, I typically blend in some combination of HWC, CO, or butter. I then use a frother. When out of my house, I typically add some MCT oil (I carry a little bottle with eye dropper) but will sometime use half and half, my old standby.

Randi 09-23-2013 08:30 AM

I use Sugar Free Salted Carmel coffee flavor and H&H.