LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinmarie
Stats: 137/118/ 110
WOE: Modified Atkins/ vlc/frankenfood free
Start Date: last start 8/11, restart 7/28/13
Lost the desire

To eat. Anything. At all. Even when I'm hungry nothing seems appealing to me. Have been getting by on Bpc water and bits of cold meat and cheese. Having dinner guests tonight and I'm going to attempt to put away a whole meal. Any clues to why I feel so blech ? Any similar experiences?
erinmarie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/149/?
WOE: lc
Deep ketosis? I say take advantage of the low appetite while it lasts because from what I hear it is usually short lived.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Biggy Fat
WOE: Basically cuttin' dem carbs anyway I can
Even though I have not even started low carbing, I have found that I don't even feel like eating. Maybe it's because of all the basketball I've been playing, but who knows. I wonder how I'll feel when I'm actually start low carbing and actually get into ketosis.
Biggy Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

I am in deep ketosis... Been low carving for a while ... Liquids are all I really want maybe I should get some protein shakes..
Old 09-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spanilingo
Stats: 130 now 102 5 ft 1
WOE: Lost Atkins/mod carb. Maint-HFLC
Start Date: Feb-March 2011
It happens but will pass.
Spanilingo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: llisarray
Stats: 232/185/175 and then we will see
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2013 restart
It will pass and you may wish it were back. Lol
llisarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Lol. Just feeling meh these days... I managed about 1/2 oz ribeye and 1/4 cup veggies.. Probably wont die
Old 09-17-2013, 05:41 AM   #8
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Chicken broth! It will ease the meh days. At least 2 cups of the regular and even better if you can make your own!
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:17 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

I have some chicken soup in the fridge. It just doesn't appeal to me but I will try and at least sip the broth... I don't know if I'm getting sick or what. I love food and love to cook but right now I just have no stomach for anything. Oh well it happens just don't want to jack up my metabolism when I was doing well and feeling good. It came out of nowhere and I know people are thinking its because low carb is unhealthy etc
Old 09-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

I just wanted to add the I don't think my woe is unhealthy at all, but I have heard the same static we all have from well meaning and not so well meaning folks ... I have to wonder also if as I get nearer my goal I might need to tweak a bit to stay well... Less energy in the way of body fat available, so maybe I should make up for it some ways... Not sure. Probably need to do some reading. I have less than ten lbs to lose. 15 would make me underweight according to BMI ( for what little BMI is worth) I imagine tht makes some difference and I may need to add some foods even if it slows my loss. In the past When on lc I got thin then slowly abandoned my plan entirely and I don't want to do that again
Old 09-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ketomom
Moderate ketosis for a few days wipes out your appetite. Your body thinks your fasting, which you are. Keep it going....you are burning your bodies favorite fuel, it's own fat, and stored up toxins in said fat melt away as well. I have my little weak moments at times, which I detest, but if I hydrate, the energy comes right back.
ketomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:55 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emgee
Stats: 148/101.6/103
WOE: LC
Good reading this today. Experiencing a similar thing. Think I'm going to just go with it and take a good multivitamin.
emgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/154/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinmarie View Post
I just wanted to add the I don't think my woe is unhealthy at all, but I have heard the same static we all have from well meaning and not so well meaning folks ... I have to wonder also if as I get nearer my goal I might need to tweak a bit to stay well... Less energy in the way of body fat available, so maybe I should make up for it some ways... Not sure. Probably need to do some reading. I have less than ten lbs to lose. 15 would make me underweight according to BMI ( for what little BMI is worth) I imagine tht makes some difference and I may need to add some foods even if it slows my loss. In the past When on lc I got thin then slowly abandoned my plan entirely and I don't want to do that again
I think, in theory, you should be able to continue to eat low carb foods to satiety until your body finds its healthy weight and then you'll just stop losing. Let us know how that goes, though. I've never been there myself, but very much looking forward to the experiment.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Honestly I'm still not terribly hungry and I think I have lost a bit but haven't yet checked...

The avg day seems to go like this :
630 - 16 oz water with 1 tsp or so lime juice
730- 8 oz Bpc with co pat of butter touch hwc and Splenda/ stevia
930 - Bpc
1-2 sometimes a small serving of leftover meat and veggies. Often just a few cubes hard cheese and an oz or so meat
5-7 dinner... I taste while cooking but rarely have a whole portion of anything... A couple bites of meat, two tablespoons veggies and a half cup of salad usually is all I want or need.

I would like to say I am pretty sure this isn't enough food to be healthy but breakfast makes me ill and Bpc seems to be giving me enough fat and calories ...
Old 09-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SuzanneM
Stats: 155/131/125
WOE: LC
I've been pretty much eating like this for the past week or 2, I must be firmly in ketosis (I don't check though) because I have no appetite.
I eat a few bites of protein, turkey/cheese rollups, some chicken, through out the day, when I start to feel lightheaded or spacey, but it's not because I have actual hunger.
I run around all day and have tons of things to do, so I need to keep my energy up.
I havent lost any scale weight the past week, but am enjoying, my clear thinking, even moods and more energy, that comes with it.
SuzanneM is online now   Reply With Quote