Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   I've been trying REALLY hard to... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/812355-ive-been-trying-really-hard.html)

wastednuffime 09-16-2013 05:59 AM

I've been trying REALLY hard to...

Get used to Stevia...

I've tried several brands and so far...:sick:

I have been a big AS user for a long time, I'm talking the pink and blue packets.. I have used Splenda for things like baking, but have had several experiences where the end product came out bitter and the more I used, the bitter the taste :stars:

For the past couple of weeks, I been using one packet of the stevia along with my beloved pink or blue stuff. Trying to kinda ween myself off, I guess..

Anyone else have adaptation problems with this ( natural) sweetener?

Chocolate Rose 09-16-2013 06:41 AM

I never liked stevia either, so I don't know if my tastes have changed or if what I'm doing now is just a better way of doing things.
I highly recommend reading Maria's blog. She has a ton of info on sweeteners. I've switched to using stevia glycerite. I can use it all by itself or in combo with erythritol.

Mistizoom 09-16-2013 06:54 AM

Have you tried liquid stevia? I like Stevita and Sweet Drops. To me the bulking agents used with stevia seem to make it more bitter than if you use a purer form, like liquid or the highly concentrated powder with no bulking agents.

cabrioluvr 09-16-2013 08:09 AM

I like the NuNaturals brand of liquid Stevia - without alcohol

jseymour1591 09-16-2013 09:06 AM

At least I am not the only one who didnt like it..

CurlsNCuffs 09-16-2013 09:40 AM

I don't like it either. Do not try to pry the little Blue AS packet out of my hand......you will bring back a nup! :)

I have really tried to like it. UGH!

susan41 09-16-2013 09:44 AM

Not a fan of stevia at all, I'm a sweet n low person, prolly not good for me but its better than a 44oz dr pepper 2x a day when I sweeten iced tea with it.

rose1 09-16-2013 09:49 AM

I've tried every stevia known to man. I just can't do it. What I can do is truvia. I don't know about baking, but it's fine for tea. Basically, I've made the switch. Otherwise I prefer the pink packages.

trishthedish 09-16-2013 10:03 AM

Stevia tastes so bitter to me!! I have tried a few times and cannot convert.:sick:

I use Splenda and recently switched from packets to liquid. I love liquid sucralose. Now that Walmart stopped carrying it, I ordered it from Netrition and am waiting for my delivery. My fingers are crossed that I like EZ-Sweetz as much as I liked Nevella Sucralose To-Go.

When anything messes with my coffee, things can get dangerous.

wastednuffime 09-16-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trishthedish (Post 16606622)
Stevia tastes so bitter to me!! I have tried a few times and cannot convert.:sick:

I use Splenda and recently switched from packets to liquid. I love liquid sucralose. Now that Walmart stopped carrying it, I ordered it from Netrition and am waiting for my delivery. My fingers are crossed that I like EZ-Sweetz as much as I liked Nevella Sucralose To-Go.

When anything messes with my coffee, things can get dangerous.

OMG, we are so sisters in this regard!!

As weird as this may sound, but after years of experimenting, I have found what is for me, the *perfect* combo of sweetness for my beloved cup ( well, ok, cups..) of coffee in the mornings..

2 packs of pink + 1.5 pack of blue = :yummy:

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I am going to try the liquid ...

trishthedish 09-16-2013 12:52 PM

Anna, I am encouraged to see you lost so much weight while still enjoying your AS. When I think about trying to drink my coffee without a sweetener, my heart skips a beat (though, that could be the fourth cup of coffee).;)

I am down to two Splenda packets per cup, but when I first switched from pure sugar, I used four!

wastednuffime 09-16-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trishthedish (Post 16606942)
Anna, I am encouraged to see you lost so much weight while still enjoying your AS. When I think about trying to drink my coffee without a sweetener, my heart skips a beat (though, that could be the fourth cup of coffee).;)

I am down to two Splenda packets per cup, but when I first switched from pure sugar, I used four!

Thank you Trish..

Yup, throughout my entire journey, I've used AS daily. I also did things like pork rinds, fatty meats, LOTS of cheeses and so on, all allowable, but of which I no longer choose to do..

Perhaps its just me, but although I certainly lost weight, truth is, I did not feel all that healthy! I almost feel afraid to even bring that up, because so many here, feel the opposite..

Anyway, as I evolved, so has my choices of what I consistently put into my body. When I cut back on AS, I felt better, but when I cut them totally out, I MISSED them and coffee just wasn't the same...

Going to regular sugar in my coffee, is not an option, as I'm not a fan of drinking empty calories.., and...if I am gonna have some white or brown sugar, let it be in the form of some good old home made chocolate chip cookies :laugh:

wastednuffime 09-16-2013 01:43 PM

Back to add:...

Trish, don't ya miss some of the old gang?!!

SnowWhite, Jojo, Carey, Jann / Quiggly, ...just to name a few...

trishthedish 09-16-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wastednuffime (Post 16607012)
Back to add:...

Trish, don't ya miss some of the old gang?!!

SnowWhite, Jojo, Carey, Jann / Quiggly, ...just to name a few...

Yes! There are so many people I would love to see again. It's almost like thinking of people you went to high school or college with and wondering what they are up to now.:)

jmc305 09-16-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rose1 (Post 16606601)
I've tried every stevia known to man. I just can't do it. What I can do is truvia. I don't know about baking, but it's fine for tea. Basically, I've made the switch. Otherwise I prefer the pink packages.

I'm the exact opposite. LOL. Can't stand truvia, but I love my liquid stevia, especially to sweeten my ice tea.