Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   how much coffee is to much? LOL (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/812048-how-much-coffee-much-lol.html)

Tracy0821 09-11-2013 11:42 PM

how much coffee is to much? LOL

Okay I think Im drinking a ton of coffee. I work nights so before I get there i get a large hot coffee fromn dunks and a large ice coffee black with no ice so I can make myself ice coffee through the night. All week my weight stayed the same. hmmmm

suzanneyea 09-12-2013 03:11 AM

How do you take it?

ArdMaine 09-12-2013 04:01 AM

Cream can add a TON of calories. I started measuring how much I was splashing in and it shocked me. It's not the coffee that's bad it's the surprising amount of calories in the cream.

E.W. 09-12-2013 04:09 AM

This is realy a thorny subject. Heavy coffee consumption ( I believe they mentioned 4 to 6 cups a day) is linked with less chance of developing diabetes. And it may help
burn a few calories. And I hope no one here needs to know this but if you drink 4 cups of coffee a day and are a real boose hound the coffee blocks 80% of the liver dammage.

Now on the down side I believe there was a new study saying that 4 or 5 cups a day was associated with a little higher risk of early death now this may have been only in
40 to 50 year old men I can't quite rember. In my case I have diabetes and stutter. The
caffene in coffee can make both a little worse. If you do drink a lot of it you may want to use a paper filter. There is a substance in coffee that raises chlosterol that is removed by using a paper filter.

DressageLover 09-12-2013 06:17 AM

I have been a pot a day drinker of coffee for a long time. I like to sip on black coffee all day.
However, I also feel chronically hungry, and I have read in many places that caffeine stimulates an insulin release. Knowing that my body is very insulin resistant - super sensitive to carbs, I have recently started backing off the caffeine. Most of the beans that go into making my pot are decaf.
I want to try to get off the caffeine entirely, but I've had some monumental tasks to tackle at work lately and can't afford sluggishness. I will get there though!
I also wonder if the flavor of coffee to me stimulates nut cravings.
I haven't had nuts in months, yet I still crave them every day. I fantasize about diving head first into a jar of almond butter! If I could kick that craving, it would be so great. Nuts cause me to gain so they are not part of my plan.

E.W. 09-12-2013 06:31 AM

I know nuts can be a big problem for me too. I am a type 2
diabetic and can eat 8oz of mixed nuts and it doesn't mess
with my blood sugar much but at the same time I sure can't
eat like that and lose weight.

Aomiel 09-12-2013 06:59 AM

I used to avoid caffeine because it caused hypoglycemia, but I started drinking caffeinated coffee a few months back (after reading about the health benefits) and haven't had that problem. Possibly because I've reversed the insulin resistance *and* am not eating the carbs that kept my glucose swinging to start with.

I drink about 4 mugs of coffee per day. Since I only add 2Tbs of butter to one and a Tbs of half and half to each of the rest, it's not a big deal on the fat/calorie end for me.