LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JennyBell
Stats: 269/253.4/165
WOE: High Fat Low Carb
Start Date: 08-26-13
3rd Week on LC and In Ketosis... But not feeling well today

So today I am not feeling myself. I feel rather tired, but most of all, before lunch, I actually felt shaky as if I was having sugar problems again. I havent had this problem, except one time during the first week. I also haven't been able to concentrate, no motivation, etc. I'm really struggling at work today.

For breakfast I had a homemade breakfast sausage and 2 pieces of bacon. I normally eat a little bit more (yesterday I had breakfast sausage, 1 piece of bacon, 2 eggs and 1/2 avacodo).

Lunch = Pork with salad and vinegar based dressing. Felt better after eating, but still feel "off" which I cannot explain.

Could this be the problem? Did I not eat enough in the a.m.?

I was a little surprised by the shaky feeling.

Thanks for your input.

Jenny
JennyBell is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kaillean
Stats: 209.5/200.5/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 3, 2013
I find ketosis can curb my appetite so much that when I do get hungry I get RAVENOUS very fast and feel shaky and grumpy.

Are you taking supplements? I think they are very important, especially if you limit veggies a lot and tend to go mostly for meat or fat choices.
Kaillean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

I actually eat a lot of veggies. Or I feel it is a lot compared to others in ketosis. Every night I have 2 vegetables with my meat and butter. For lunch, I typically have a vegetable also.

For instance, yesterday I had pork and collard greens for lunch (both homemade) and then for dinner I had steak with green beans and broccollini.

Very frustrated. I feel like I am starving (not shaky again yet) right now. I have nothing here at work other than a bag of peanuts from the vending machine. I may have to do that if I can't get out of here early enough to go home and get a snack.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/206/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Are you eating enough sodium? You should be getting 3,000 -5,000 mg/day. If not, drink a couple of cups of broth and you may feel better quickly.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCWizard
Stats: No More Scale
WOE: No Sugar Added & Persistence
How are you sleeping while in Ketosis? I have a hard time sleeping in deep Ketosis and the next day I feel off.
LCWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kittycatmom
Stats: 184/159/150
WOE: Low carb, high fat, moderate protein / gluten free
Start Date: August 2013
I'm still relatively new (6weeks) and my 3rd week was like yours. I felt fatigued and not myself. I made sure to eat if I needed to and drink my water. By the next week, I was feeling better and it's gotten better from there.

I'd say, try the other's suggestions to feel better and see how you feel in a week or so
Kittycatmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

I guess I need to remember that I'm only in the third week and I'm still learning. I will try eating a bigger breakfast tomorrow and hopefully that will help.

As for sleeping, I have been sleeping okay, once I get to sleep. I feel much more energetic right before bed. Once I fall asleep I have crazy dreams (normal for me) and then when I wake up, I.AM.EXHAUSTED. To the point where I don't want to go to work, I just want to stay home and sleep.

They keep talking about the energy they have while in ketosis, but not for me yet.

I have some homemade chicken stock that I can put to use tomorrow. So hopefully that will help, although I feel I'm getting plenty of salt.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MissBeeps
Sodium isn't all you need, you want to keep your electrolytes balanced as well as having them in sufficient quantities. In addition to home made broth try some Smartwater or other electrolyte water, it can make a huge difference.
MissBeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 210/189/160
Start Date: 7/23/13
[QUOTE=JennyBell;16600120]I guess I need to remember that I'm only in the third week and I'm still learning. I will try eating a bigger breakfast tomorrow and hopefully that will help.

As for sleeping, I have been sleeping okay, once I get to sleep. I feel much more energetic right before bed. Once I fall asleep I have crazy dreams (normal for me) and then when I wake up, I.AM.EXHAUSTED. To the point where I don't want to go to work, I just want to stay home and sleep.

They keep talking about the energy they have while in ketosis, but not for me yet.

I have some homemade chicken stock that I can put to use tomorrow. So hopefully that will help, although I feel I'm getting plenty of salt.[/Q

This was me for about 8 weeks into induction. A daily multivitamin, potassium, and slow mag supplements did the trick. I think finding the right balance of micros for your body is key. Keep tweaking and see how you feel! Also, Ill take a super B complex if I'm feeling extra sluggish. Beware that they may increase your appetite, l. Keeping on plan shacks around serene to be a good strategy. :-)
pulchritudinous_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: makeamove
Stats: 172/164/125
Start Date: Dec 5, 2011
Me too!

I am glad I read this tonight. I am exactly half way through my third week and I felt shaky (but inside not outside?) and off today too. I felt awful actually. It was different than the way I used to feel on a high carb diet when I was ravenous and shaky from low blood sugar. I just felt really crummy. I tested on strips 2 days ago, so I know I'm in ketosis. Unfortunately, I decided to dive head first into a bag of skittles. I am going to dust myself off and recommit, but I hope this passes!
makeamove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

makeamove - That is exactly how my shakiness felt. I couldn't find the words to explain it, but you hit the nail on the head. I'm sorry you caved to the skittles, but in the whole scheme of things, its not a big deal unless it continues.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 10Poppies
Stats: Size 16. Marching toward size 6.
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 3/25/13
The same thing happened with me this week. A couple days into deep ketosis, I became shaky, lightheaded and Just "off". I tried upping carbs, cutting coffee, taking more vitamins. I finally realized my calorie count had dropped significantly and because I didn't feel hungry, I hadn't realized it. I ultimately decided to simply eat more meat, and have been feeling great ever since. I feel like I am eating a lot tho, but I feel good on it.
10Poppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: makeamove
Stats: 172/164/125
Start Date: Dec 5, 2011
JennyBell-Happy to report a Skittle free and back on track day!
makeamove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

YAY makeamove!!!!

I'm so happy for you.