Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   HELP!!!!! FOOTBALL SEASON IS HERE (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/811819-help-football-season-here.html)

fun w son 09-09-2013 05:39 AM

HELP!!!!! FOOTBALL SEASON IS HERE

:help:with football season here i am having the hardest time with "snacks at the stadiums" my wife and i are big football fans. we do high school on friday, collage on saturday, and hit the TV with friends on sundays.... if you have no chose but to eat at the stadiums, what is the best way to go??

GailyGail 09-09-2013 05:42 AM

Can you eat hot dogs or burgers or sausage without the buns? What about roasted peanuts? You can always bring your own snacks too like almonds, celery, cucumber, etc.

erinmarie 09-09-2013 05:48 AM

I would eat first and pack my own snacks... Kinda like the movies... At home it's easy jalepeno poppers wings celery and home made ranch ...

susan41 09-09-2013 05:48 AM

Don't go hungry... Be full when you go, maybe have the wife stock her purse with some LC stuff, beef jerky.. Water bottle, string cheese, pork rinds, pepperoni, nuts/seeds if you're at that phase yet.

Don't let a season or event derail you from what you know is the right way to go, and yep it's going to feel like you're depriving yourself. But remember the pretzels, popcorn, hotdogs, sodas, pizza slices is likely what got you here to begin with.

Good luck.. And stay focused on your goals!

Leo41 09-09-2013 06:02 AM

I don't know about football, but I've been to many professional baseball games, and they don't usually allow a person to bring food into the stadium.

My usual practice was to make sure I had a good meal before I left (breakfast is usually my biggest meal), and I ate nothing at the game--just bought bottled water because of the heat. A game is usually about 3 hours--rarely more than 4--so it's no problem for me to simply 'fence off' any snacks.

When I'm home I normally go at least 6 hours between meals, so not eating at a game is not any hardship. Yes, it can be tough with all those snacks around you (other people eating), but weight loss has always been only one of my goals--the other is my health, and most of those snacks would not contribute at all to my overall health, and that makes it easy for me to ignore them.

fun w son 09-09-2013 06:06 AM

"But remember the pretzels, popcorn, hotdogs, sodas, pizza slices is likely what got you here to begin with."

you know me well!!!

i do eat before i go and i stick to the peanuts and coke zero at the game. but i will have to bring stacks with me, cause the nacho's keep callin me!!

susan41 09-09-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fun w son (Post 16596162)
"But remember the pretzels, popcorn, hotdogs, sodas, pizza slices is likely what got you here to begin with."

you know me well!!!

i do eat before i go and i stick to the peanuts and coke zero at the game. but i will have to bring stacks with me, cause the nacho's keep callin me!!

Yep lol and I know ME! Just consider not getting tired on the stadium stairs getting to your seats, or not feeling uncomfortable when you stand to cheer and your butt gets stuck in those little seats, or not having indigestion all night long after the games as motivation! Think about the smaller jersey you can wear next season if you get thru this one without nachos! Or the fact that with a smaller you... Some little kid can actually sit behind ya and see the game!

Lots of motivators right there!

Trigger828 09-09-2013 07:47 AM

get yourself a hot box bag. bring chicken wings. any other snacks you love that are hot can be carried in it.

make cheese crackers. (melt cheese in micro til crisp) and bring pepperoni and snack on that.

what you need is your hands moving to your mouth :) sitting in those stands means snacking time. keeping your mouth moving and chewing.

bring what you need!!! dont' let a nacho destroy your life. it isn't worth it obviously LOL

MissBeeps 09-09-2013 10:36 AM

Eat first and think of games being a great opportunity to change your relationship with food. After the game you can be proud that you didn't use eating as entertainment.

Kaillean 09-09-2013 10:52 AM

Peanuts are not nuts. They are legumes and very carby. Try to pack some almonds or macadamia nuts instead. Sunflower seeds in the shell are also good because they're finicky to eat, so you can make them last a long time.

You can also make cheddar cheese crackers (melt cheese until crispy but not burnt - you have to watch it like a hawk) on a baking sheet. I used to do this for nacho cravings sometimes - load em up with guacamole and a bit of salsa. They stay somewhat crisp in a ziploc for a few hours.

emel 09-09-2013 11:20 AM

I'm gonna take a different approach...

If you have a full meal before you go, do you really need to snack at the games?
Maybe you do, we're all different. I'm not much of a snacker.

We go out a lot. I eat a meal before I go and I'm good for several hours.
I learned that I can go a long time between meals without snacking if I eat a good solid meal, eating til satisfied but not stuffed.

I like to have my next meal planned out, especially when I'll be out for a long time. I'd either make my choices from the snack bar in advance (probably a couple of bunless hot dogs with dill pickles and a water or diet coke, after I'd been there for several hours), or I'd just have water or diet coke at the game and then I'd go home to a meal all ready in the crockpot afterwards.

mimivac 09-09-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaillean (Post 16596648)
Peanuts are not nuts. They are legumes and very carby. Try to pack some almonds or macadamia nuts instead. Sunflower seeds in the shell are also good because they're finicky to eat, so you can make them last a long time.

You can also make cheddar cheese crackers (melt cheese until crispy but not burnt - you have to watch it like a hawk) on a baking sheet. I used to do this for nacho cravings sometimes - load em up with guacamole and a bit of salsa. They stay somewhat crisp in a ziploc for a few hours.

I've always done fine with peanuts and peanut butter. Though they are legumes, they are no more carby than almonds.

fun w son 09-09-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimivac (Post 16596758)
I've always done fine with peanuts and peanut butter. Though they are legumes, they are no more carby than almonds.

same here!!

erinmarie 09-09-2013 02:39 PM

Heading to Monday night football with friends at a bar that specializes in Italian cuisine and features a wood fired pizza oven a its main attraction. Pod! Pretty sure I'd better eat and eat well before I go but even then, temptation station!!!

fun w son 09-09-2013 02:42 PM

scrap the pizza bread and just eat the toppings??!!??

erinmarie 09-09-2013 03:56 PM

Made lc nachos with all wholesome healthy ingredients Im full and only 10 carbs the worse.. That wil be my dinner so not tooooo bad I guess

fun w son 09-09-2013 06:14 PM

LC nachos???? You have my attention!!
How??

Kaillean 09-09-2013 06:37 PM

I wish I could eat peanut butter. It gets the cravings going for me every time.