Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Fun Food Day (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/811759-fun-food-day.html)

emel 09-08-2013 10:23 AM

Fun Food Day

We're looking forward to relaxing with a little football day.
Normally I just do wings and a veg tray with a dip, but I had the house to myself this morning, so I played with food.

-platter of veggies, pickles, and Delice de Bourgogne and blue cheese
-pan-seared tuna with russian dressing
-devilled eggs
-beef broccoli soup in the crockpot
-a nice salad is put together.

And I'm all prepped to toss crispy chicken thighs and asparagus into the oven for later.

I'm all set, either for drop-in football watchers or for dinner for the two of us with some pretty awesome leftovers.

Who says low carb food is boring??? :high5:

tybeeanna 09-08-2013 12:04 PM

I was gonna tell you to stop by my house & cook for me But that would be quite the drive lol.. Sounds good :)

Kittycatmom 09-08-2013 12:09 PM

Sounds delish!

DiamondDeb 09-08-2013 12:56 PM

Sounds like my kind of food! I'm on my way! :kicking:

GailyGail 09-08-2013 01:03 PM

Emel -- YUM! I would love to come to your house and watch the game! You have a beautiful low carb spread!

Spanilingo 09-08-2013 01:26 PM

Swanky football game! I'd come for the grub!

erinmarie 09-08-2013 02:48 PM

We are having football food too! The husband requested more traditional fare so wings, jalapeņo poppers, homemade pico and guac ( served with pork rinds and some home made chips made from lc cactus tortillas) made a nice chicken and veggie soup and have a salad made up as well.. Not as fancy as your menu but still fun... Husband is so pumped for his cowboys tonight!

emel 09-08-2013 05:48 PM

And it was all very tasty.

Tons of leftovers, so we'll have a nice lunch tomorrow.
My BIL ended up leaving for home early, so my husband and I went over to the Moose Lodge to watch part of a game, and I got to hang out with friends without feeding them. Heh.

I'll give y'all more of a heads-up next time so you can make the drive. Come on down. :)

PS: Go Bears! (yeah it was just the Bengals, but a Bears fan has to take what she can get.)

llisarray 09-08-2013 05:54 PM

Sounds delicious. I'll be in the Richmond area around Christmas. I'll let you know ahead of time. Lol

Blue Skies 09-08-2013 06:55 PM

Yummers! What a tasty mix, Emel.

I'm so happy to see fall tip toe in, it's my fave season. Don't really care all that much about football, but hubby and friends do and it makes for some very cozy Sunday afternoons I look forward to. Going to be inspired by your menu.

Couple of months ago, we had a little party that was just appetizers...and all low carb, although I certainly wasn't going to broadcast that. But we put out a lovely buffet, and unfortunately, had NO left overs. Folks gobbled it all up, tons of compliments flew, and no one realized they were eating low carb!