LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 03:10 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Punkin
Stats: 160/95/100
WOE: NK or LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDeb View Post
As long as I avoid processed foods I have no cravings for junk. It is such a blessing. It frees me. I feel like I've been blessed by the Fat Loss Fairy or some such thing. It is like magic.
I also gave up dairy because something in it caused me to over-eat it. I never thought I could give up dairy but as long as I don't eat it I don't think about it. One bite & I would eat every bit of it available & want to run to the store for more. nothing that does that to me can be good for me.

I research a lot & can honestly say that what I've learned about junk food, sugar, etc. has been a big factor. I stopped thinking about how fattening & high carb junk foods are once I realized how horribly unhealthy they are - for everyone. Put that poison in my body? Not now. Not ever.

A little once in a while is not going to work for me. Ever. That is OK because I finally learned it is that once in a while that caused the struggles the rest of the time.

I can live & be happy with no junk, no processed foods and no cravings for them either. It is so simple & it makes my life so easy. Food is not a struggle anymore.
Try products made from goat's milk or sheep's milk if you can get them. Cow's milk has been highly processed compared to these other two. Some of the key digestive enzymes and fats have been removed before processing for retail. This makes the brain "crave more." I find I don't react to the other two types of milk as much. The other thing you could try to do is to get fresh or raw milk. I don't have a supplier near me but if I did I would try it. I don't know if they remove the cream before they sell it to the public, but the cream is needed for proper digestion and they usually remove it before homogenization.
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Loosinslow
Stats: 199/165.5/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 2/4/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntombi View Post
Yes, I make my own Chinese food too. With or without shiratake noodles.

I also eat Chinese food out, but that day I was contemplating eating stuff that wasn't exactly on plan.
What can you get at a Chinese restaurant that is legal?
Loosinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinny Train
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosinslow View Post
What can you get at a Chinese restaurant that is legal?
I would love to know that too. That is the only thing I will miss on low-carb. Just getting started for the long haul today. I may have to learn to make a couple of dishes, low-carb style, at home. Hot and sour soup...yummy! Find out what low-carbers use to thicken soup instead of the usual cornstarch used in restaurants.
Skinny Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Train View Post
I would love to know that too. That is the only thing I will miss on low-carb. Just getting started for the long haul today. I may have to learn to make a couple of dishes, low-carb style, at home. Hot and sour soup...yummy! Find out what low-carbers use to thicken soup instead of the usual cornstarch used in restaurants.
You can use Heavy Whipping Cream to thicken a lot of things up. You can add it to the drippings in the pan, if you've cooked your meat in a pan, to make a gravy.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tracy0821
Stats: 296/270/? 150 maybe less?
WOE: Low Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive View Post
Word. That's why I'm going to try to time cheat days with my days with my husband. I's so tough.
I actually did that before and lost a good amount of weight. I will not cheat this time around( hoping I never fall off wagon again) ( I have done this 4 times) LOL
Tracy0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: idioglossic
Stats: 179/148/140 5'2"
WOE: Stillmans, low carb, low fat, low sodium, 2 meals
Start Date: August 29, 2004/Restart July 28, 2013
Yes, some days are harder than others. I tell my self I will be thinner in the morning. If the scale is stubborn in the morning, I tell myself, it will go down tomorrow. . . I have to eat very low carb and low fat to get that scale to move down . . but I wait of the weight!

to all who posted here. . . it is comfort to know we are not alone. .
idioglossic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
For legal Chinese, we usually ask our favorite restaurant to make Szechuan Spiced Chicken without sugar, flour or carrots (it is chicken in a spicy brown sauce with celery, onions and peanuts). They also make a Ginger Chicken Broccoli stirfry for us without sugar/flour too. You can eat Yakitori (chicken skewers), chicken wings, boneless pork strips and beef teriyaki and still stay on plan. No rice, fried food or sweet sauces though.

I eat this very occasionally and still stay in Ketosis.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote