Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Just eating the cheese... nevermind me. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/811658-just-eating-cheese-nevermind-me.html)

gordita 09-06-2013 03:26 PM

Just eating the cheese... nevermind me.

When you go out to eat (or at home), and you have pizza - do you just scrape off the cheese and eat it? This is generally what I do, but I know there are hidden carbs in the sauce because it tastes sweet. I don't do it often, but it's my "compromise" when we're dining out or we're home and I don't want to make my cauliflower pizza.

Sometimes I have one bite with crust, but not always. It still is an indulgence, even without the crust.

MtherGoos 09-06-2013 05:50 PM

I LOVE cheese, it's one of my favorite things, but I don't eat it off of the pizza. For me, I know there's carbs in the sauce and the cheese that they use usually has fillers, it's not a pure cheese. If we go to a pizza place, I'll just have a diet coke and when I get home. That's just me though, I tend to be overly careful! LOL

ArdMaine 09-06-2013 06:21 PM

I've done it in desperation. I know it was far better than caving and eating the whole slice.

girondet 09-06-2013 06:39 PM

I don't consume dairy anymore, but yes, in the past I did scrape off the toppings from pizza. Delicious and better than totally caving.

Olive 09-06-2013 07:13 PM

I just avoid Italian completely, withtheexception of Caprese salad.

Biggy Fat 09-06-2013 07:59 PM

On the subject of cheese, what brands of cheddar cheese are best for low carbing that I can buy in a supermarket?

Ocean 09-06-2013 08:57 PM

I do it. I don't have pizza all that often, but I do love the toppings. It is sort if funny how I hide the crust under the napkin at a buffet. Like they don't know what I am really doing.

MissBeeps 09-06-2013 09:52 PM

I roll it up from the pointy side towards the big side. :) The small amount of sauce that clings to it has never been an issue for me.

llisarray 09-06-2013 10:15 PM

If the family wants pizza I scrape off the toppings and eat those. I have been known to eat the toppings off a whole pizza....but hey, who am I to judge...haha

snowangel9 09-07-2013 12:33 AM

Yep. Been there done that! Better that than the whole slice. Like Miss Beeps, the small amount of sauce was never an issue. We liked putting the slices back on the tray! Let me tell ya' we got some funny looks! :)

Biochic 09-07-2013 05:45 AM

I do that whenever we have pizza. :)

gordita 09-07-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llisarray (Post 16593571)
If the family wants pizza I scrape off the toppings and eat those. I have been known to eat the toppings off a whole pizza....but hey, who am I to judge...haha

LOL! It's one of the hardest for me because my family loves pizza, but it definitely is not the same when you're just eating the toppings off of it.

Trigger828 09-07-2013 07:43 AM

I can easily just eat the toppings. I love the cheese the most anyway :)
I do it all the time pizza is around. I also eat 'just a tad off the top of the crunchiest/burnt' part of the crust and add it into the mix of my toppings mess.

for what I gave up in not eating the biggest part of the crust and the entire crust bottom, the bit I have is a good compromise for me cause I am a pizza fanatic.

it works for me and I am still losing.

Aomiel 09-07-2013 07:53 AM

All the pizza places we go to have a salad bar so I'll usually just go with salad. I take my own dressing because I don't trust theirs. Also, as someone else said, much of the pizza cheese they use isn't really cheese. Silly, but many times it's a processed cheese because it's cheaper than mozzarella.

nolcjunk 09-07-2013 07:54 AM

I don't like pizza toppings on their own, but I am in maintenance so I eat good pizza from time to time with no problem. I'll usually have two slices with lots of toppings and a salad.

MtherGoos 09-07-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggy Fat (Post 16593468)
On the subject of cheese, what brands of cheddar cheese are best for low carbing that I can buy in a supermarket?

The harder the cheese the better. So for me, I buy extra sharp cheddar. Tillamook is the brand I usually buy, but just read the ingredients and be sure it's just cheese.

shortcut 09-07-2013 12:29 PM

If we have pizza at work, we usually over buy so I never feel bad about scraping the topping off of 3 or 4 slices of a meat lover's and diving in.

Stacy O 09-07-2013 03:03 PM

Yep - I sure do! But I don't leave the crust there in the box, I take the entire piece including the crust and peel off the cheese topping and throw the bread away. Or I give the bread to someone who likes it without cheese. :)

flatferenghi 09-07-2013 03:27 PM

after the 1sr 2 weeks of plan, i do, from time to time,

allow myself 2 slices of good pizza. living in bklyn, usa, we have the best. i get 2 slices with sausage, meatballs, mushrooms and peppers. i put garlic, oregano, and hot pepper flakes on it, and wash it down with plenty of diet soda and water. it never stalled me. i would go easy on carbs for the rest of the day just to be sure. It works for me even on a 20 net gram a day program. I suppose it is yet another of those YMMV situations. Love & Profits: FLATFERENHG

erinmarie 09-07-2013 03:40 PM

I made a low carb pizza with a cheese egg cream cheese crust it was kinda moist but fit the bill and kept Pizza Hut at bay